+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 176 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4112629;
    Does anyone know how old Robyn is? I don't think she appears to be that young. (There are posts upthread that infer she is much younger than the other ladies.)
    I think Robyn is 30. I'm not sure how old the other wives are, but I'm pretty sure one of the episodes said that was Robyn's age.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4112629;
    Does anyone know how old Robyn is? I don't think she appears to be that young. (There are posts upthread that infer she is much younger than the other ladies.)
    According to wikipedia Robyn is 31. I think she looks older, though.

It also says Meri is 39, Janelle is 40 and Christine is 37.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4112632;
    The three original wives appear to be getting even more bitter with each episode and the bitterness always stems from something to do with the new wife and Kody spending a lot of time with her.
    I'm already bored with this show simply because each week, it's the same old thing....the original wives complaining about their "roller coaster" of emotions because of the new wife and, the new wife trying to appear to be so concerned and caring about the other wives feelings.
    I suspect that Meri has been on this emotional rollercoaster twice before. I'm also thinking that it's part of the process in plural marriage.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I went to watch an episode on my cable company's "on demand" service, and they are no longer offering Sister Wives as one of the television shows you can watch episodes of. It must not have been popular enough.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4112265;
    I don't see Kody as being capable of really listening to anyone, much less taking direction from one of his wives.
    This is why I find it hard to believe he is so successful at sales. He seems totally oblivious to others and their needs or wants. And the way he kept demanding attention from not only Robyn, but the camera crew and passers-by was infantile.

I think Meri has had enough. She wants out. She feels guilty for not being able to give Kody more kids, and I think that's why she's okay with the other wives.

Like I've said before, even though I live among these people, I still don't get it. Obviously the Jeffs clan and those like them get more press, but there are many more families who live like this. I'm curious what the divorce rate is (although only the first wife could technically divorce the guy).

Everything about this guy disturbs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4112162;
    You're right, dragonlady. Which is probably why I feel so sad and melancholy every time I watch this show. Although I don't find Kody as bad as most of the other polygamous husbands that I've heard about --- you're right and I agree that there is no justification for the lifestyle itself. To use your analogy, I see it a bit less severely than you do, so that to me the difference would be between one Bad Man who severely abuses 10 women versus another Bad Man who hurts the feelings of (and degrades) 10 women.
    You're probably right, Imperfect1. I do get a little extreme sometimes but he does push my buttons........and I don't even watch the show!!!! Your analogy is more fitting but Kody really bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4112359;
    You go girl!!! I would love to help you, but I have a disability with limited use of my arms. So, I will sit on the sidelines cheering while you punch his stupid lights out!
    After I'm done punching his lights out,
    I'm gonna shake some sense into all of those wives!!
    and then organize a mutiny!

I was brought up in a VERY strict, Baptists background. I know that some things changed from the Old Testament to the New Testament. Didn't David have many wives? God only got upset when he commmitted adultery and slept with another man's wife and got her pregnant. Why was is okay then, but not now? Believe me, I'm not supporting polygamy, I'm just curious.
    David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4116775;
    I was brought up in a VERY strict, Baptists background. I know that some things changed from the Old Testament to the New Testament. Didn't David have many wives? God only got upset when he commmitted adultery and slept with another man's wife and got her pregnant. Why was is okay then, but not now? Believe me, I'm not supporting polygamy, I'm just curious.
    David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Slavery was also acceptable in those days. People thought that the world was flat. Stoning and crucifiction were once considered acceptable public punishment for misdeeds.
    I like to think that human beings have evolved as we have progressed and learned more about life and the world. Although, sometimes, especially when I watch reality TV, I do wonder if we have.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4117029;
    Slavery was also acceptable in those days. People thought that the world was flat. Stoning and crucifiction were once considered acceptable public punishment for misdeeds.
    I like to think that human beings have evolved as we have progressed and learned more about life and the world. Although, sometimes, especially when I watch reality TV, I do wonder if we have.
    Women had no rights whatsoever.... the list could go on.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4117111;
    Women had no rights whatsoever.... the list could go on.....
    In the tribes of Israel, women had more rights than in any other early Mesopotamian society. In most of those societies, women were considered property.

So were children. They were resources. The more of them you could sire and raise, the wealthier you could become. Families measured their wealth and security in the number of sons they had, and many children did not survive past the age of 5. Similarly, many women died in childbirth. So, polygamy was not only a reasonable way of life, it was the norm.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread