+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 172 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree634Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4111292;
    I was so uncomfortable during the whole hour of watching the honeymoon special. I'm a romantic and I love a love story, and I would totally love Kody and Robin's love story because it seems to me that in addition to being totally infatuated with each other, they really are in love with each other. BUT it is so hurtful to the other three wives, that all I can think about when I'm watching Kody oogle Robin, is how the others are going to feel when they watch this video and have to see Kody oogling Robin (not to mention, of course, seeing it in person). It's just sad to me. I try not to make judgments cause I think it could be kind of fun, for example, for me to have multiple men at one time in my life --- until I start to think about how much each of those men would be hurting and jealous of the feelings I have for the others.

Kody kept trying to justify his polygamy through comparisons with certain animal species being polygamous, but sorry Kody, I don't think that the animal wives get jealous and hurt the way human wives do, so your comparisons just don't cut it. There's really no way to make this kind of arrangement okay for everyone, cause even in the case of Janelle who herself admitted that she and Kody never had a 'romantic' relationship and were instead, more like best friends, and in addition to that, that she was much more independent and self-reliant than the others and that she intentionally distanced herself --- even all of that couldn't prevent her from being somewhat hurt by having to share Kody, and by not having had that romantic connection that he and the others have had.

The ONLY thing that I will give Kody credit for, is that he does not seem like the stereotypical polygamous husband that I've seen on other documentaries -- who are often much older men taking very young wives, and don't seem to be in love with them --- who they are totally domineering in their relationships, and just on a total power trip. Kody on the other hand, for all his faults, really seems to love his wives, and he has chosen women of appropriate ages, and women who aren't glamour girls or arm candy --- and he seems to genuinely love his kids, and seems to be a pretty good guy, all things considered, although, he IS like a kid in a candy store who is totally oblivious to the real world!

(By the way, I had to chuckle at his comment that "I have 4 wives. . . nothing scares me except poverty!!!)

That comment was so funny!!! It cracked me up. I hope he's not serious about sky diving.

I agree with your comments about Kody not being the stereotypical polygamous husband as far as marrying young girls.

I am amused that you enjoyed watching Kody and Robyn and thought they looked happy and in love. I found myself looking at her and wondering what he found so amazing about her. I don't get it. She is lacking in the personality dept IMO. Perhaps she has other qualities that will benefit the family, such as management skills or a high income. I found her comments about risking her life to do things that are on her bucket list quite puzzling for a mother of three minor children. IMO your duty is to take care of your kids until they are adults. Then you go off and do dangerous things on your bucket list.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is this going to be shown again?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4111376;

I do think they rerun them, but I"m not sure of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4111376;
    I believe it reruns on wed. @ 8
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks for the help! I'll look for it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I couldn't bring myself to watch the honeymoon special. The idea of a husband and father of a newborn baby and lots of little ones going off with another woman for 11 days grosses me out. So many husbands cancel business trips for a while and take personal days off to be home with their newborn babies, but this guy is exempt from that kind of caring and commitment because he has the other wives to take up his slack. What a loser!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4111545;
    I couldn't bring myself to watch the honeymoon special. The idea of a husband and father of a newborn baby and lots of little ones going off with another woman for 11 days grosses me out. So many husbands cancel business trips for a while and take personal days off to be home with their newborn babies, but this guy is exempt from that kind of caring and commitment because he has the other wives to take up his slack. What a loser!
    You have a point.

Meri was in tears for almost the whole program. She looks desperately unhappy to me. They keep telling themselves it's going to get better. I hope so.

FORT Fan

I totally don't want to defend Kody, but I think I need to a bit here. Truly was 6 months old at the time of the "honeymoon" because they showed her in a few of the family scenes after the return, and there was a picture taken of her at 6 months while he was gone. so, he didn't leave a "newborn" but a 6month old. Better, just a bit.

Also, he explained at one point, and it's been stated before, that when he married the first three, they all had children AFTER he married the third. None of the children was born before he took the third wife. I'm saying that because he said, his theory was that the first three got their "alone" time with him, to "bond" and develop a relationship before the children came, and Robin is just walking into a full-blown family. He thought the 11 days was crucial to their having an attachment, and I somewhat believe that.

All in all, I remember the "so animals are polygamous, like me" comment and I cringed when he said it. I also watched as he had fun with this much younger woman. She's carefree in a way the other women don't seem to be. However, based on what we know of her history, I think that carefree part is not her normal mode of operations. I suspect the kind of mousy woman we've seen before will be more present in the next few months.

I don't like what they do, but I do wish them good luck. There are too many people depending on them to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by barbh;4111604;
    I remember the "some animals are polygamous, like me" comment and I cringed when he said it.
    (I added the me on some as you left it off your post, barb)

I so remember Kody saying that and just rolling my eyes ... so he is calling himself "an animal" ... disturbing.

JMHO, Robyn has "ruffled" a few feathers and I believe she knows it ... don't you all remember the wedding dress debacle ... Ugh. She KNEW what she was doing then and she knows NOW.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread