+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 173 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree653Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4110527;
    I agree with what everyone is saying about the 3 wives having to witness all of this love and attenion being heaped onto the 4th wife --- but the other-side-of-the-coin is interesting too, cause Robin has probably really gotten used to all this 'loving' attention being focused on her, especially with Kody mooning over her for all this time, and all of their dates and special private time, and the excitement of moving closer to the family and getting ready for their wedding, and now, being topped off by their private, super romantic honeymoon time. So eventually, when they come back to real life, and daily life sets in, and Kody''s attenion has to be shared between all four wives and all those tons of kids (not to mention his work and their other normal responsibilities) --- instead of solely being poured onto her alone -- and in addition, the fact that most likely the 'honeymoon' phase of their relationship will die down and perhaps peter out --- it will be a real rude awakening --- one that she may not be ready for or like very much.
    Or it could go that he doesn't stop paying attention to her. I have read several books on polygamist marriages and there usually is that one wife that is the favorite. I hope thats not the case.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4110578;
    I have read several books on polygamist marriages and there usually is that one wife that is the favorite. I hope thats not the case.
    This would not surprise me, and it especially wouldn't surprise me if Kody went for #4 because he was bored with the first three. I also think #3 keeps popping out puppies because it guarantees private time with Kody when she gives birth. She likes the attention involved with having children...what what kind of man (polygamist or not) would run off with a new "wife" while your baby is still newborn? At least wait until the infant can sleep through the night.

Kody's self-centeredness shines through in more ways than one. Shameful.

Did anyone watch?

Ho boy this was an interesting night.

While Robyn and Kody were off on their 11 day honeymoon, the other wives were at home with the 16 kiddos. Wow, they sure "let their hair" down as the saying goes and really complained about their lives with Kody. Ugh. And then they took all 16 kiddos camping. Ugh.

Absolutely loved their honeymoon location!!!!!!!!!
    (I wonder why!)
    KAREN

Judging from what everyone is saying here regarding the real and possible heartaches that all these wives can/will feel, I guess it would be safe to assume this is not a good arrangement. Except for Kody!!

I hate him for exploiting these women and I hate these women for exploiting themselves.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

And with every new episode I am more and more embarrassed. We are not all like that here. (But more than I'd like to admit.) Kody doesn't seem to realize there is any other male on the planet. As though he is expected to fulfill the needs and wants of every woman all on his own...and he loves every minute of it. It turns my stomach. I don't even know why I watch.....morbid curiosity, I guess? I don't know.

There are a lot of tears falling in that house during this time. That is so sad....and yeah, they did choose this. But why? Is this really love? I don't know that Kody is even capable of loving one person (other than himself), let alone many.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4111052;
    While Robyn and Kody were off on their 11 day honeymoon, the other wives were at home with the 16 kiddos. Wow, they sure "let their hair" down as the saying goes and really complained about their lives with Kody. Ugh. And then they took all 16 kiddos camping. Ugh.

(I wonder why!)
    11 days? Wow, not bad. I only went for 3 days! lol! He really wanted to spend some quality time with the new wife!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched last night and man that was sad. I think what the wives said was quite revealing.

I definitely think Merri needs some counseling. This new marriage has torn this woman out of the frame. She seems to be VERY miserable. I don't think it's a matter of her getting used to the new wife. I think she is totally NOT okay with it. Her reaction has even caused me to doubt the story about it being HER idea for Kody to date Robyn. I"m beginning to think that is NOT true. You can't believe everything you hear and I think that is a lie.

Secondly, I doubt this new marriage is going to workout. There is NO way Robyn will take her place as wife number 4. I don't believe it. Time will tell.

I also have grown to wonder why Kody was interested in marrying Robyn. Does she make good money? Besides being thin, she really has nothing going for her. She wasn't blessed with a charming personality like the other ladies have. IMO she does not fit in. Anyone else get that feeling?

All in all, it seemed to me that this marriage to Robyn was a mistake, only nobody will admit it. There was no REAL marriage, so thankfully, she can go her way when the real situation sets in. I give it a year.

The 11 day honeymoon was very funny. I suspect it was done by TLC to tick off the other three wives and give them more reason to voice their hurt and anger over Robyn. That's my take on it. For Kody and Robyn to go along with it, just shows how selfish and mean they both are. Really. I think Robyn is sneaky and I don't believe much of anything she says.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4111052;
    Did anyone watch?

Ho boy this was an interesting night.

(I wonder why!)
    I only read about this show, but am curious as to what kinds of things they said... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4111261;
    I only read about this show, but am curious as to what kinds of things they said... Anyone?
    One of the wives admitted she had not talked to her husband for 7 seven days while he was on his honeymoon. She was quite angry they took such a long honeymoon. None of the other three wives got that long.

None of the other wives got a real trip. They just took road trips to his home state. Robyn gets a fancy beach trip with a killer hotel suite. The ladies weren't feeling it.

Merri, wife number 1, was ticked that they recently celebrated their 20th wedding anniversity and she only got 3 days! Wife number 4 gets 11 days! Yikes, they were all up in arms about it.

Wife number 2 says that they shouldn't be making Kody the center of their universe and they that should have other things in their lives besides this man. Merri, disagrees. Merri seems to be really suffering right now. I think she needs to see someone about it.

Much nmore was said. It made me really think that Robyn is going to have a rough time fitting in. I don't see it happening and I don't think these ladies do either, regardless of what they say.

They kept talking about how this new marriage would all end up making them better people. I didn't buy it and I don't think they convinced themself either.

There are some charming things about Kody and the wives, but as I watch the show more and more, I see how it is just not possible for people to function in families that large.(Reminds of learning how the Duggars function.) Regardless of how loving and happy they pretend to be, it it apparent that those women and kids cannot get the special time with their dad and husband that they deserve. It just isn't possible with that many people. I realize that different people have their own way of doing things, but IMO this is not fair to the kids and robs them of a real relationship with their father. For the women it's different. It's their choice, but the kids have no say. IMO that's not fair. That's my take on it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-22-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was so uncomfortable during the whole hour of watching the honeymoon special. I'm a romantic and I love a love story, and I would totally love Kody and Robin's love story because it seems to me that in addition to being totally infatuated with each other, they really are in love with each other. BUT it is so hurtful to the other three wives, that all I can think about when I'm watching Kody oogle Robin, is how the others are going to feel when they watch this video and have to see Kody oogling Robin (not to mention, of course, seeing it in person). It's just sad to me. I try not to make judgments cause I think it could be kind of fun, for example, for me to have multiple men at one time in my life --- until I start to think about how much each of those men would be hurting and jealous of the feelings I have for the others.

Kody kept trying to justify his polygamy through comparisons with certain animal species being polygamous, but sorry Kody, I don't think that the animal wives get jealous and hurt the way human wives do, so your comparisons just don't cut it. There's really no way to make this kind of arrangement okay for everyone, cause even in the case of Janelle who herself admitted that she and Kody never had a 'romantic' relationship and were instead, more like best friends, and in addition to that, that she was much more independent and self-reliant than the others and that she intentionally distanced herself --- even all of that couldn't prevent her from being somewhat hurt by having to share Kody, and by not having had that romantic connection that he and the others have had.

The ONLY thing that I will give Kody credit for, is that he does not seem like the stereotypical polygamous husband that I've seen on other documentaries -- who are often much older men taking very young wives, and don't seem to be in love with them --- who they are totally domineering in their relationships, and just on a total power trip. Kody on the other hand, for all his faults, really seems to love his wives, and he has chosen women of appropriate ages, and women who aren't glamour girls or arm candy --- and he seems to genuinely love his kids, and seems to be a pretty good guy, all things considered, although, he IS like a kid in a candy store who is totally oblivious to the real world!

(By the way, I had to chuckle at his comment that "I have 4 wives. . . nothing scares me except poverty!!!)

+ Reply to Thread