+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 178 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1773
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #391
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sister Wives

    I don't know about the other wive'ss' sensitivity to weight. They don't seem to compare themselves with each in any negative way.

    But, I have to say, if my husband threw me in the air he'd have some explaining to do upon my landing! I think that is an overtly controlling kind of behavor. If I were her, I'd want that kind of stuff nipped in the bud.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  2. #392
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,204

    Re: Sister Wives

    Hey Poppy Fields,
    What do you mean about throwing her in the air being controlling behavior? Just curious. I thought they were playing and laughing. I didn't realize it was otherwise.

  3. #393
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4109551;
    Hey Poppy Fields,
    What do you mean about throwing her in the air being controlling behavior? Just curious. I thought they were playing and laughing. I didn't realize it was otherwise.
    Maybe it's just a personal thing for me. I have 6 brothers who would sometimes rough house with me. Being tossed around like a feather is not my idea of fun. I guess if you like being tossed in the air, it's not controlling. But if you don't enjoy being overpowered that way, it can unpleasant and unnerving.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  4. #394
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,209

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4109514;
    You know it has to bother them. Have any of them ever mentioned weight? I have only seen a few episodes.

    What I do think will wear thin with the new wife is that she seems to be very needy and high maintenance. How is she going to react when he is not able to cater to her once she falls into the regular family life with everyone else? I would think that would stress Cody out. No matter how attractive someone may be, if they have traits that are annoying or burdensom, it can make you wonder if it's worth it. If she's not really a team player, I don't see her staying happy.
    She can also be a novelty for now (or maybe til wife #5!).
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #395
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,209

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4109547;
    I don't know about the other wive'ss' sensitivity to weight. They don't seem to compare themselves with each in any negative way.

    But, I have to say, if my husband threw me in the air he'd have some explaining to do upon my landing! I think that is an overtly controlling kind of behavor. If I were her, I'd want that kind of stuff nipped in the bud.
    I don't consider it controlling (then again I have no siblings) just fun. However if my husband threw me in the air, he had BETTER catch me!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #396
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Sister Wives

    I don't watch this show simply because of my distaste for the cad Kody and his fleet of wives. But I was disgusted by seeing the honeymoon commercial. I felt so many emotions and I'm not even affected much because I don't watch.

    Here you have young vibrant Kody, carefree with no concerns since his children and home are being taken care of by the rest of the fleet. Then along comes Ms. Young, perky, never-had-babies-flat stomach. Don't they look happy and delightful???

    Then the camera focuses on the other women, left at home, sitting in lawn chairs......older, heavier, more tired, knowing "their' man is frolicking on the beach with the new and improved model.

    The commerical was enough for me to validate why I don't watch that show.

  7. #397
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,235

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4109857;
    I don't watch this show simply because of my distaste for the cad Kody and his fleet of wives. But I was disgusted by seeing the honeymoon commercial. I felt so many emotions and I'm not even affected much because I don't watch.

    Here you have young vibrant Kody, carefree with no concerns since his children and home are being taken care of by the rest of the fleet. Then along comes Ms. Young, perky boobs, never-had-babies-flat stomach. Don't they look happy and delightful???

    Then the camera focuses on the other women, left at home, sitting in lawn chairs......older, heavier, more tired, knowing "their' man is frolicking on the beach with the new and improved model.

    The commerical was enough for me to validate why I don't watch that show.
    dragonlady, I just HAD to add that one word to my version of your post, cause somehow, that additional word seems to really capture the essence of what you meant!

  8. #398
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,209

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4109857;
    Here you have young vibrant Kody, carefree with no concerns since his children and home are being taken care of by the rest of the fleet. Then along comes Ms. Young, perky, never-had-babies-flat stomach. Don't they look happy and delightful???

    Then the camera focuses on the other women, left at home, sitting in lawn chairs......older, heavier, more tired, knowing "their' man is frolicking on the beach with the new and improved model.

    The commerical was enough for me to validate why I don't watch that show.
    Very well spoken. It was very "icky".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #399
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,774

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4109857;
    Then along comes Ms. Young, perky, never-had-babies-flat stomach.
    Just for the record - Robyn has 3 kids by her first husband. But she's definitely thin, in spite of that.

    And there's no way the other 3 wives don't feel some resentment when they see the film of Kody and Robyn on their honeymoon. We keep hearing about how money is tight, yadda yadda yadda. If the first 3 don't feel something, they're not human.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

  10. #400
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,235

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4110166;
    Just for the record - Robyn has 3 kids by her first husband. But she's definitely thin, in spite of that.

    And there's no way the other 3 wives don't feel some resentment when they see the film of Kody and Robyn on their honeymoon. We keep hearing about how money is tight, yadda yadda yadda. If the first 3 don't feel something, they're not human.
    I agree with what everyone is saying about the 3 wives having to witness all of this love and attenion being heaped onto the 4th wife --- but the other-side-of-the-coin is interesting too, cause Robin has probably really gotten used to all this 'loving' attention being focused on her, especially with Kody mooning over her for all this time, and all of their dates and special private time, and the excitement of moving closer to the family and getting ready for their wedding, and now, being topped off by their private, super romantic honeymoon time. So eventually, when they come back to real life, and daily life sets in, and Kody''s attenion has to be shared between all four wives and all those tons of kids (not to mention his work and their other normal responsibilities) --- instead of solely being poured onto her alone -- and in addition, the fact that most likely the 'honeymoon' phase of their relationship will die down and perhaps peter out --- it will be a real rude awakening --- one that she may not be ready for or like very much.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 11-21-2010 at 09:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.