+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 165 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1644
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #381
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,961

    Re: Sister Wives

    Well, there ya go. You would think it would be disruptive to the other patients, but whatever. We were actually discussing it because she was talking about upset family members not allowed in due to hospital policy. There should be a happy medium.

  2. #382
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: Sister Wives

    Originally Posted by RSTARMARGS
    I think any religion that helps someone be a better person, and love their fellow men is a great thing. I can relate to anyone who believes in a higher power and believes they will be held accountable for their actions on this earth. That's what makes us better humans I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbh;4095246;
    It's interesting that you say (write) that. I tend to agree with that concept completely. However, I've heard some people who were atheists wonder why "we" feel so good that we "do good" because we're obeying the "will of our god." (definite paraphrasing here!)

    The argument they make is that they (atheists) do things right (i.e., not steal, murder, etc.) because they have values and morals based on their own reasoning.

    It's a very very interesting argument to me. Is their system better because they do right without a "moral imperative" imposed by some "greater being"? It's really given me cause to think.
    I agree...if you are only being good because you think you will be held accountable some day (e.g., by your god) then are you really a "good" person?

    I also think that in the larger sense of Christian Mormons qualify. I've known (evangelical) Christians who think Catholics aren't Christians, so clearly there are some mixed beliefs on what qualifies you to call yourself a Christian---e.g., what if you only follow the behavioral teaching of Jesus but don't accept the divinity aspect?

    This show certainly brings up a variety of questions!

  3. #383
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: Sister Wives

    Folks, please take the general discussion of religion to the thread that was created in Current Events.

    Please keep this thread focused on what happens on the show.

    Thanks!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  4. #384
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,718

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4099370;
    Folks, please take the general discussion of religion to the thread that was created in Current Events.

    Please keep this thread focused on what happens on the show.

    Thanks!
    Sorry, was catching up on the thread after being away, didn't realize the religion thread had opened.

  5. #385
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4099109;
    Actually it's pretty common now in many hospitals across the US for large groups of people to come into the labor room (while waiting for the mother to get fairly close to the time of delivery --- although most of them are asked to leave during the actual delivery) and then again, after the baby is born. When my first grandbaby was born, there were about 10 of us waiting with the mom in the labor room, and back again as soon as he was born.

    On the Sister Wives show, I remember the whole gang going from the car(s) into the hospital, but I don't remember a shot of them all actually in the room with Christine. Did they show them all in the room itself?
    I didn't see the other wives in there, did anyone else? I doubt the hospital would keep the other wives out, if Christine had been fine with them being there, because it is really common these days. I went in with my best friend while she was in labor, and watched the delivery, along with her husband, and her daughter. The other family members were at the hospital and in the room until she was just about to deliver. So, I guess I am wondering if the wives keep the delivery of their children just to themselves, individually, and Kody alone.

  6. #386
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: Sister Wives

    Interesting. Looks like Sister Wives is having a Honeymoon Special on Sunday night Nov. 21st. That should be cringeworthy!!!!

  7. #387
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,586

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4109237;
    Interesting. Looks like Sister Wives is having a Honeymoon Special on Sunday night Nov. 21st. That should be cringeworthy!!!!
    I saw a preview for it. If that was my husband (plural wife or not) having that much fun I would be pretty p----- off! And how sad how the one wife is saying how he must miss them all.... didn't look like it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  8. #388
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,822

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4109354;
    I saw a preview for it. If that was my husband (plural wife or not) having that much fun I would be pretty p----- off! And how sad how the one wife is saying how he must miss them all.... didn't look like it.

    Don't you know it! Women are sensitive about weight. When I saw hubby tossing the new wife up in the air on the beach, I got this funny feeling that the heavier wives are not going to like this. It's just human nature. It's almost like in your face, I'm thin and light as a feather kind of thing. Maybe they will try to fatten her up. LOL

  9. #389
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,586

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4109450;
    Don't you know it! Women are sensitive about weight. When I saw hubby tossing the new wife up in the air on the beach, I got this funny feeling that the heavier wives are not going to like this. It's just human nature. It's almost like in your face, I'm thin and light as a feather kind of thing. Maybe they will try to fatten her up. LOL
    I thought the same thing! It was like "look how light my wife is, I can throw her in the air!" and then there sit the other three wives who has hasn't been airborne in awhile, ie, new wife is young, thin, sexy and fun... older wives not so much!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #390
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,822

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4109498;
    I thought the same thing! It was like "look how light my wife is, I can throw her in the air!" and then there sit the other three wives who has hasn't been airborne in awhile, ie, new wife is young, thin, sexy and fun... older wives not so much!
    You know it has to bother them. Have any of them ever mentioned weight? I have only seen a few episodes.

    What I do think will wear thin with the new wife is that she seems to be very needy and high maintenance. How is she going to react when he is not able to cater to her once she falls into the regular family life with everyone else? I would think that would stress Cody out. No matter how attractive someone may be, if they have traits that are annoying or burdensom, it can make you wonder if it's worth it. If she's not really a team player, I don't see her staying happy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.