+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 178 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

There are many polyamorous people out there who are not affiliated with Mormonism or any other organized religion.

Back in the 70's it was called "open marriage". But maybe that was about potentially involving a revolving door of short-term partners for each spouse (a la "wife-swapping").

The people who claim to be polyamorous these days need/want more than one intimate concurrent long-term relationship. They talk about having a "primary" and a "secondary" SO. It's all very open and accepted amongst the parties concerned, and it's not patriarchical. Often someone is married to their "primary". There is no polygamy involved (as in being married to more than one person).

To me, it's complicated enough having an intimate relationship with just one person!

I think a show about polyamorous people would be far more interesting than this one. Especially for the family dynamics and seeing how children are raised and whether the adults and children are emotionally healthy.

It's the hyprocrisy, I guess, that makes this show unbearable. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say, IMO.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

There will be a new sister wives tomorrow night at 10:00 an hour long special a follow up with the family.....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked it when Dr. Phil asked the wife why she was waiting for her philandering husband to decide for her, what was going to happen in her life. He also told her that she was a woman who deserved a whole husband, and not half of a husband. Definitely couldn't help but think about the sister wives. Dr. Phil also addressed the bad example that the wife was setting for her children by tolerating being treated like this. He also brought up the question we've addressed in her.....he asked the guy why his wife wasn't enough for him. Phil wanted the woman to ask the question. The guy had no answer for this question. He looked like a fool.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Forgot to add that Phil told him he had serious maturity issues. Kody's estranged twin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4094502;
    The guy had no answer for this question. He looked like a fool.

While watching this show, I was wondering how Kody would have responded. I don't think he'd have been able to keep his big yap shut about any of it. Although I'm not Dr. Phil's biggest fan, I'd watch to see him rip into Kody. Although he wouldn't be able to shut up, he'd look like an even bigger fool.

I also saw the ad for tomorrow's Sister Wives show - the hour-long special with an interview with Natalie Morales.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4094317;
    There will be a new sister wives tomorrow night at 10:00 an hour long special a follow up with the family.....
    The Sister Wives Special is current, and deals with all the negative publicity, so it should be REALLY interesting. . .

And it repeats at midnight, for those of you who don't have to get up in the morning.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4094936;
    And it repeats at midnight, for those of you who don't have to get up in the morning.
    I will have to take a nap this afternoon.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

What??? And miss football??? Oh, Heck No!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'll DVR it and then check back with you guys before I watch it. I will get too frustrated if it's just a fluff job trying to make Kody some sort of saint/martyr who is misunderstood.

+ Reply to Thread