+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 177 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by barbh;4093126;
    I have to say, I thought we didn't go too far. I like what I'm reading. I'm a big girl. No one is throwing around insults. We're just stating opinion. I hope, as long as it's civil, that we can discuss the parts of the show that are part of the complex draw/appeal of the show.

I firmly believe in demystifying religion, sex, politics, etc. Everyone has an opinion that should be respected. I hope again, that I've tried to show respect in my postings.
    Oh, I haven't been offended in the least by what I've read. I've been fascinated by all of the discussion thus far. I've been meaning to read up about Mormonism because I find it such a fascinating, and for some, polarizing religion. I only mentioned that perhaps we should leave the religion out of the discussions and have a separate religion thread b/c I sensed that some were getting uncomfortable with the direction the discussions were heading.

Carry on!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw on msnbc.com that the show has been renewed for a second season. Can we start a pool as to how many wives will comprise the final total?
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4093883;
    Just saw on msnbc.com that the show has been renewed for a second season. Can we start a pool as to how many wives will comprise the final total?
    well since it was 16 years between 3 and 4...I don't see a new one anytime soon..besides I think he is wayyyyyy to focused on Robyn and getting her pregnant to worry about another one right now
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm sure season two will be about Robin's pregnancy (when it happens) and the blending in of the new wife. I hope her child with Asbergers does okay with the disruption to his routine. I bet they won't show that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard the term "negotiated infidelity" today. Of course my mind went to this show. It was on Dr. Phil's show and there was a man who had been married ~10-11 years, but also had a "girlfriend" on the side for ~ the past 5 years; his wife was aware of the situation. He wanted his wife to be OK with the "triangle"; she wasn't, but she was putting up with it. These people are not FLDS, but he did remind me of Kody. I'm surprised that he hadn't decided that they should move to where polygamy was acceptable. Negotiated infidelity is when both partners are messing around with others, but with "rules". Her rule for him was that he could not share intimacies with the other woman...like spooning. His rule for her was that the guy couldn't be more of an alpha male than he was...like be more successful, be better looking, etc. They both had others in their lives; she claimed that this started because men have "needs" that they need to have met when she may not have felt like it. Of course, this whole show just left me shaking my head.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

TV Update: TLC Orders Season Two of Sister Wives - E! Online

Sister Wives: TLC has ordered a 10-episode second season of Sister Wives to premiere in March 2011. Can't wait that long for more Brown family hijinks? Look for a Kody-Robyn honeymoon special to air Sunday, Nov. 28 at 10 p.m.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4093976;
    Heard the term "negotiated infidelity" today. Of course my mind went to this show. It was on Dr. Phil's show and there was a man who had been married ~10-11 years, but also had a "girlfriend" on the side for ~ the past 5 years; his wife was aware of the situation. He wanted his wife to be OK with the "triangle"; she wasn't, but she was putting up with it. These people are not FLDS, but he did remind me of Kody. I'm surprised that he hadn't decided that they should move to where polygamy was acceptable. Negotiated infidelity is when both partners are messing around with others, but with "rules". Her rule for him was that he could not share intimacies with the other woman...like spooning. His rule for her was that the guy couldn't be more of an alpha male than he was...like be more successful, be better looking, etc. They both had others in their lives; she claimed that this started because men have "needs" that they need to have met when she may not have felt like it. Of course, this whole show just left me shaking my head.
    I watched that too - and immediately thought of Kody. The guy on Dr. Phil thought it would be okay to have two women, but the wife couldn't have two men. And I was most upset that the wife and girlfriend both sat there on stage and said "pick one". Excuse me....I'd be getting the hell out of there. ASAP. How could the wife even consider that? I could see the girlfriend doing it, since she's been doing it for the past five years....but the wife?

Utah Mormons have a distinct accent (or dialect?) - I don't know if others recognize it, but I do and it drives me crazy, so I was listening for hints of that...and there weren't any....so I figured they weren't part of the clan.

Is polygamy just getting trendy or something? Are we women that desperate? I mean, these guys are not prizes by any means. Baffles the hell out of me.

On a side note, I was thinking earlier that despite the fact that Kody is such a huge part of Sister Wives, the show could easily be done without him (or less of him) and still be interesting. The relationships between the wives and kids is much more interesting to me. But his ego is way too huge for him to step aside.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4094012;
    On a side note, I was thinking earlier that despite the fact that Kody is such a huge part of Sister Wives, the show could easily be done without him (or less of him) and still be interesting. The relationships between the wives and kids is much more interesting to me. But his ego is way too huge for him to step aside.
    That is a fantastic idea and could probably increase ratings since it seems like most people find him pretty "smarmy." We should call him "smarmy k."
    But, like you said, this egomaniac isn't going anywhere...so if we want the ladies we gotta stomach this dirtbag.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4094012;
    I watched that too - and immediately thought of Kody. The guy on Dr. Phil thought it would be okay to have two women, but the wife couldn't have two men. And I was most upset that the wife and girlfriend both sat there on stage and said "pick one". Excuse me....I'd be getting the hell out of there. ASAP. How could the wife even consider that? I could see the girlfriend doing it, since she's been doing it for the past five years....but the wife?

Utah Mormons have a distinct accent (or dialect?) - I don't know if others recognize it, but I do and it drives me crazy, so I was listening for hints of that...and there weren't any....so I figured they weren't part of the clan.

Is polygamy just getting trendy or something? Are we women that desperate? I mean, these guys are not prizes by any means. Baffles the hell out of me.

cant speak for anyone else but I wouldn't give him the chance to PICK ANYONE....I would have kicked him out when I found out and take him for everything I could get..I did it to my husband when I caught him and we had a 10 month old and I was 6 weeks pregnant

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4094026;
    cant speak for anyone else but I wouldn't give him the chance to PICK ANYONE....I would have kicked him out when I found out and take him for everything I could get..I did it to my husband when I caught him and we had a 10 month old and I was 6 weeks pregnant
    To be fair, Meri supported the possibility of sister wives before she and Kody married. She embraced it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread