+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 176 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

  1. #301
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4090284;
    Number 3 aint going anywhere!!!

    Number 1 seems miserable. I think she will go soon.

    I think number 2 is content with the lifestyle and I have the impression that she does not need Kody financially. For some reason, from a comment she made, I think she contributes to the family's finances. I could be wrong.
    Do you think Kody likes big women, or the first three wives got bigger over the past twenty years?
    I don't think you are wrong at all...in fact I think #2 wouldn't give a rats behind if Kody ever visited her bedroom again...she loves her job...seems she works like 12 hours a day or more..she even stated that someone else would take care of dinner for her children and that someone would even be there to watch them if she just wanted to go out to a movie alone...I agree she is the most contented of the bunch and perfectly happy with the situation..

    #1 confuses me the most...she seems to agree too and even picks the women out ..she picked Robyn....but then it seems like when it hits her she wants to change her mind and back out...I truly think that the only reason she ever agreed to the plural marriage in the first place was because she was unable to bear children...and I know from friends a big part of any Morman faith is family and children...I think she will stay for now...when her daughter turns 18 IDK if she will stay or not

    #3 is just a loony bin all the way around...lol...she is very possessive of Kody and even though she says she is happy with the situation...she wants attention and lots of it...I think thats the main reason she had another baby..she wants the attention that came with it...

    as for #4...I am not sure yet..will they add on to the house so she moves in...because if she keeps a separate residence, I can see that causing serious problems...she doesn't seem to fit in yet but maybe it will change will just have to wait and see if they show another season
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  2. #302
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4090423;
    Mormons consider their church to be Christian. Think in terms of "celestial marriage" rather then celestial heaven. Their doctrine is completely unique in Christian churches, describing the highest level of heaven to be attainable only by couples married and sealed in their own Temples.

    Personally, I consider myself to be a Christian. However, I've found no church/sect that defines heaven in anything other than self-serving terms. My personal belief that being "saved" is the only promise you get as a Christian, and that we don't get to second-guess God on the particulars of what that means in terms of the experiential. More importantly, we don't get to define who is "saved." That would be in the domain of a higher authority than the human.
    TY, after I posted, I was questioning whether the Mormon faith is within Christianity. Purely from a lack of knowledge but also from some knowledge of other Christian faiths like Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist and Presbyterian.

    I am very interested in learning more about many organized religions.

    Personally, I have a problem with extremely patriarchal religions. We humans are composed of males and females, so religions/spirituality that recognize that in their deities resonate more stronger with me.

    I think it would be painful for me to watch this show, and just from reading here, I think those women are brainwashed. And that is even more troubling because they are raising children who may get brainwashed.

    Just my 2 cents!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  3. #303
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Sister Wives

    One thing I think is important is that wives 1, 2 and 3 were all friends from childhood. These ladies are not strangers to each other. (As for Robyn, I'm not sure how close she was to the other wives, but they were not strangers, either.) As far as Meri chosing Robyn, I think she was grasping at straws to keep Kody happy - probably because she was in denial about her own unhappiness, and that didn't help, obviously.

  4. #304
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Steffiej;4090625;
    I am J.D.'s friend #2. She is right on the money with her information. I agree with her that all of this seems normal to those who live in Utah and have grown up around this idealogy and I love how fascinating it is for all who are out of state.

    Listen to J.D.....she is wise.
    Hahah, friend #2! I didn't know you joined in here - thanks for the back up!


    At the risk of airing my dirty laundry in here....I was married for about 6 years to a "devout" mormon (from 1998 - 2004). He went to church every week, paid his tithing and did all the things that made him look like the optimal Mormon husband. (I think I may have mentioned him upthread.) Our main disagreement was over the church. He wanted to be sealed in the temple, but he was still sealed to his first wife. I was uncomfortable being the "backup", and didn't put any effort into becoming one of his wives.

    However, I later discovered he had been having affairs (I discovered ten other women - but who knows how many others there were) during the entire marriage - and yes, I called them and told them they were seeing a married man. Not one of them knew it.

    He did go to our bishop and other leaders, and I think he discovered the punishment would be quite severe for adultery. Plus his family was big in the church - and they wouldn't want anything to put a black mark on their name (especially their errant son). By that point I just wanted out, and I stipulated to an annulment. His justification: "If I was never married, I couldn't have committed adultery." (Huh?) Although the whole ordeal went away rather quietly - his parents were not happy, and he has since moved to the east coast - with his third wife. Fortunately, he has no children.

    This is how I read Kody. He changes or alters reality to suit his pleasure or dissatisfaction - such as the conversation with Meri during their dinner.

    It's complicated, and I'm not surprised TLC can't show the entire story - there's just too much. I guess that's why their focus is more on the family than the religion, even though the religion is quite interesting.

  5. #305
    FORT Newbie RSTARMARGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4090409;
    Actually, it's marriage, not necessarily plural marriage, that is required by Mormon doctrine to reach the "celestial," or highest level of the 3 levels of heaven. So, being single wouldn't be an option for those who want to attain that level. This is still true today.

    The teachings regarding plural marriage were abandoned by the Church of LDS before the turn of the last century. Fundamentalists, or the FLDS, correctly cite political coercion as the reason for the abandonment of this teaching. For Utah to attain statehood, the Church of Latter Day Saints had to formally abandon and eschew the practice of plural marriage, along with its teachings that plural marriage sealed a man and his many wives (and dozens of children) together as a family in the highest level of heaven. FLDS still hold with the old doctrine, abandoned by their former church (in their opinions/testimony) solely for political reasons.

    At least, this is my understanding of their teachings, and the history of this church. If you are married (even to only one spouse), you can attain celestial marriage in the 3rd level of heaven where men can be gods. Women however, cannot. They can be eternally married to one, though.
    As a practicing Latter Day Saint (NOT FLDS/Polygamist)...I just want to say...yes the Men can be Gods, but not without his wife. It is a partnership and essentially the wife is God right along with him. We believe in a Heavenly Father (God) and Heavenly Mother. That's why families, and marriage between a man and a woman is so important.

    While it may seem sexist, I don't think it's unlike just men and women being married. Hopefully while they fulfill different tasks in the home, they are both equally important to their family and work together. I personally wouldn't want to be a single parent...or a single God.
    Last edited by RSTARMARGS; 10-27-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: quote didn't show up right
    R MARGS

  6. #306
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by RSTARMARGS;4092243;
    As a practicing Latter Day Saint (NOT FLDS/Polygamist)...I just want to say...yes the Men can be Gods, but not without his wife. It is a partnership and essentially the wife is God right along with him. We believe in a Heavenly Father (God) and Heavenly Mother. That's why families, and marriage between a man and a woman is so important.

    While it may seem sexist, I don't think it's unlike just men and women being married. Hopefully while they fulfill different tasks in the home, they are both equally important to their family and work together. I personally wouldn't want to be a single parent...or a single God.
    Question... do you worship a female deity then? I mean if they are co-Gods? And what about Christ... he never married? IS he not in celestial heaven? I am just curious because things are never explained out to people.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #307
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4092391;
    Question... do you worship a female deity then? I mean if they are co-Gods? And what about Christ... he never married? IS he not in celestial heaven? I am just curious because things are never explained out to people.
    I think it's appropriate to reiterate here, that the 3 levels of heaven and the belief that marriage (conducted and sealed in a Mormon Temple) confers godhood on men, is an LDS teaching unique among Christian churches.

    Many Christian theologians do not think that the Church of Latter Day Saints is, essentially, Christian in doctrine.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-27-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  8. #308
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4092391;
    Question... do you worship a female deity then? I mean if they are co-Gods? And what about Christ... he never married? IS he not in celestial heaven? I am just curious because things are never explained out to people.
    a wierd hobby of mine is learning about other religions...I got started years ago when I was writing a paper for a soc class and I know that there are several religions believe that Jesus might have been married..I put the empahasis on might because this is not what I was brought up to believe..but I do know that most Mormons believe this and this is the big basis on marriage and family which is very promident in their beliefs.....

    IDK if Jesus was married or not but I do know that there are many more books that were written for the king james bible..these scrolls are guarded by a group of men who decide what is put in the bible and what isn't and they decide what we read....I have always wondered if there were books there that could prove one way or the other if Jesus was married or not and I have to wonder what else is there....I have been told that the book of Mormon has been based on some of these scrolls which makes me wonder if they know something we don't....lol...I have a real bad habit of over anyalizing things and over thinking things...so these maybe questions that I alone wonder about
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  9. #309
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,680

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4092452;
    IDK if Jesus was married or not but I do know that there are many more books that were written for the king james bible..these scrolls are guarded by a group of men who decide what is put in the bible and what isn't and they decide what we read....I have always wondered if there were books there that could prove one way or the other if Jesus was married or not and I have to wonder what else is there....I have been told that the book of Mormon has been based on some of these scrolls which makes me wonder if they know something we don't....lol...I have a real bad habit of over anyalizing things and over thinking things...so these maybe questions that I alone wonder about
    Silly you, haven't you read "The Da Vinci Code"? That's proof that Jesus was married!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

  10. #310
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: Sister Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4092480;
    Silly you, haven't you read "The Da Vinci Code"? That's proof that Jesus was married!!!
    LOL!!!! Sadly there are people who believe it is non-fiction!!!!!

    I know the whole "becoming a god" belief is unique to the Mormon religion and is not held as a belief in Christian religions. I wonder if there are any other religions, not neccessarily Christian, that believe in this doctrine.

    So good old Kody could be a god? Mmmmm......
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.