+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 176 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4089460;
    I think the basic fact, for whatever reason, is that Meri is the only wife and has given her husband permission to have 3 long term affairs and consents to live with his mistresses and their children. I couldn't do it myself, and find it a strange practice if you love someone, but if I had made the mistake of being the first one to marry Kody and didn't want to divorce him for whatever reason, I'd encourage him to sleep with other women just so I wouldn't have to. He's creepy, immature and would get on my nerves after about 2 seconds. Plus she gets a built in babysitter, she doesn't have to do all the household chores and gets extra income from the other working women. And a guilt trip to Mexico. She is the one who will get all the legal benefits as well. I also get the feeling she's ready to call it quits. I think the older these women get the more they are going to realize that the polygamy lifestyle is just not conducive to self worth as a woman in this day and age, and once they get past the having babies and needing the "community" of the other women for household stuff they don't need the lifestyle as they once did. With age comes wisdom!

The jealousy is plain to see in all the women, and we are only seeing the tip of it. I think there is a lot more there than any of them want anyone else to know. It's human nature.

Kody is just into having his cake and eating it too. You can see the lust in is eyes everytime he looks at Robyn. I'm sure the other women see it too.

As for Robyn, I think she has her own agenda that has nothing to do with religion, finding her "soulmate" (which she only gets a quarter of his "soul" and that is subject to deminishing in the future) or "sister-wives". She seems sketchy to me. Which may make her the perfect mistress of them all for Kody.

This show makes me laugh out loud. I consider it pure entertainment. I can not take anything about it seriously when they all contradict themselves all over the place and I'm suppose to believe they are all in it for the love of a creepazoid like that Kody guy.

My favorite on the show is the daughter with the short dark hair who said no way will she ever share a man. She's a rebel!

Oh...and in no way do I view gay marriage as having anything to do legally with polygamy. To me we are talking two individuals versus multiple individuals. Totally different in my opinion.
    Good post! I agree with all of it, except that I think the main motivation for these women to enter into polygamy is for their love for God, not Kody. They believe that they are doing this for godliness and that they get to heaven through their spouse. It's all about celestial heaven. By downplaying their religion, TLC is really downplaying the entire reason that this situation exists.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4089837;
    Good post! I agree with all of it, except that I think the main motivation for these women to enter into polygamy is for their love for God, not Kody. They believe that they are doing this for godliness and that they get to heaven through their spouse. It's all about celestial heaven. By downplaying their religion, TLC is really downplaying the entire reason that this situation exists.
    Exactly! They aren't entering polygamy because they want to share their spouse but beacuase they feel that is the thing they HAVE to do!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

And in Celestial heaven a woman gives birth to babies whose souls will be filled here on earth..... I think it might have been Irene Spencer, wife of Verlan LeBaron, who might have said that if celestial heaven meant birthing baby after baby, she might not want to be there.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Still wondering about the education. Am hopeful, but not confident, that I will get an answer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Question... Have they shown the episode of the actual "wedding"? The last episode I saw was about the wedding preparations and dress purchasing. I checked my DVR for the date of the next show and, for some reason, only repeats are being shown by my cable company. What's up?

The finale was last weekend with the wedding. they did not show the "actual" wedding, they kept it off the air because they said it was a private family ceremoney. I don't know if it's coming back on, but I for one hopes it does.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4089846;
    Exactly! They aren't entering polygamy because they want to share their spouse but beacuase they feel that is the thing they HAVE to do!
    Because they believe it's the right thing to do.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4090069;
    Still wondering about the education. Am hopeful, but not confident, that I will get an answer.
    I'm not sure, prhoshay. I know it was mentioned on one episode that one of the girls wanted to go back to the polygamists' private school because she wanted to join the military. (At least that's how I remember it - I've been known to get my facts wrong - but I know they've had at least one conversation about it.) I'm not sure it was resolved on that particular show or not. Kody just basically laughed it off like he does with most things.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4090190;
    I'm not sure, prhoshay. I know it was mentioned on one episode that one of the girls wanted to go back to the polygamists' private school because she wanted to join the military. (At least that's how I remember it - I've been known to get my facts wrong - but I know they've had at least one conversation about it.) I'm not sure it was resolved on that particular show or not. Kody just basically laughed it off like he does with most things.
    I think that one of the older (oldest?) girls intends to go to Annapolis, then enter the Navy and study medicine. Therefore, according to Kody, she has to return to public school where she'll earn a diploma. Otherwise she would have to earn a GED, because their private school isn't accredited by the state to grant diplomas. Their private school is really a group of home-schooling families. Annapolis is a very tough school to get into, requiring letters of reference from Congressmen, and high GPA's, SATs, etc. They might not consider her high school education to be adequate if she does not graduate from an accredited HS.

I think that for admission to a first tier school (or to one of the US academies), having a diploma may be a slight advantage. But in no way are you precluded from admission with a GED:

Colleges That Admit Homeschoolers FAQ (Learn in Freedom!)
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-25-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4090199;
    I think that one of the older (oldest?) girls intends to go to Annapolis, then enter the Navy and study medicine. Therefore, she has to return to public school where she'll earn a diploma. Otherwise she would have to earn a G.E.D., because their private school isn't accredited by the state to grant diplomas. Their private school is really a group of home-schooling families. Annapolis is a very tough school to get into, requiring letters of reference from Congressmen, and high GPA's, SATs, etc. They would probably not consider her high school education to be adequate if she does not graduate from an accredited HS.
    Oh, okay, I remember that now. I knew it had been addressed, and now that you posted the facts, it makes sense. I think I was too consumed with Kody's dismissive attitude than anything else. Thanks for clearing that up! (Good thing you all have much better memories than I do....what a confusing place this would be! )

+ Reply to Thread