+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 275 FirstFirst ... 173223263264265266267268269270271272273274275 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2741
Like Tree1760Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I thought Tony's dance style was rather rough and violent (Kody also threatened to dislocate a shoulder or tear a rotator cuff in HIS "swing" dance). Also wasn't a fan of watching men beating the bride pinata to death (again, so violent). But Mykelti sure seems crazy about him. No accounting for taste!

Poor Meri just sitting there staring into space and saying nothing; that was pitiful to watch! She sees her future, and so do I. Each time a child marries, the mother of the bride is in the spotlight, and Kody has a little "second honeymoon" with her. Each of the other three wives can look forward to, what, six or seven of those blissful episodes? Meri: goose egg.
    I hear you and it could be a sad situation for Meri. However, it's a whole new world. Who's to say her daughter won't enter in to a same sex marriage and have children one day? There could be bliss around the corner for her, too.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I hear you and it could be a sad situation for Meri. However, it's a whole new world. Who's to say her daughter won't enter in to a same sex marriage and have children one day? There could be bliss around the corner for her, too.
    I've never really followed this show. I did read on FB that Meri sold her home and bought the B&B - so I guess she's finally out of there.

To add on to what's been mentioned here, I also read that each of the five principals were receiving $180,000 (some contract) and that when TLC canceled the show for low ratings, Kody was so desperate he offered to take $180,000 for himself alone to keep it going - such a sweetie.

FORT Fogey

Let's just say it's not the same; she and the other wives have nothing in common anymore. It's almost as if the three of them are "married" to Kody and part of the family and she's not. Fifth wheel much?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Let's just say it's not the same; she and the other wives have nothing in common anymore. It's almost as if the three of them are "married" to Kody and part of the family and she's not. Fifth wheel much?
    I kind of agree, and would even go one step further and say that only 2 of the wives are married to Kody, because Janelle has always been a kind of a 5th wheel too, in a way. She has always implied (and even 'said' - in one of the tell-all episodes) that she and Kody have had more of a platonic relationship, and not a romantic one. And in addition, Janelle has always been the most independent of all the wives, and has kept herself the most separate. So, she's always been in the position that Meri finds herself now, EXCEPT that Janelle does have all of her kids' issues that she can share with Kody, and Meri really doesn't have that.

I basically FF through this week’s epi.

But what I do want to comment on is Tony’s absolutely OBNOXIOUS dancing. WTH.
    He does not have a CLUE how to dance and all those standing around applauding him.......

Why is his hair so ODD. At the wedding he wore his hair in a wierd comb over style and yet most
    times he has his hair combed up straight on his head.

#yawn
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I kind of agree, and would even go one step further and say that only 2 of the wives are married to Kody, because Janelle has always been a kind of a 5th wheel too, in a way. She has always implied (and even 'said' - in one of the tell-all episodes) that she and Kody have had more of a platonic relationship, and not a romantic one. And in addition, Janelle has always been the most independent of all the wives, and has kept herself the most separate. So, she's always been in the position that Meri finds herself now, EXCEPT that Janelle does have all of her kids' issues that she can share with Kody, and Meri really doesn't have that.
    I know what you mean to say, but "platonic" is defined as "intimate and affectionate, but not sexual." They have six kids. That ain't platonic. LOL.

I think they're more like friends with benefits.
    aramcobrat likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    True, but Janelle is happy with her "buddy" status; it's a unique relationship with Kody that has always worked for both of them and which she still enjoys. Additionally, she has ALL THOSE KIDS which will ensure her plenty of time in the spotlight with him for years to come -- unlike Meri who never even wanted to share him with one wife or, truth to tell, more than one kid.

Quote Originally Posted by bristlecone View Post
    I've never really followed this show. I did read on FB that Meri sold her home and bought the B&B - so I guess she's finally out of there.

To add on to what's been mentioned here, I also read that each of the five principals were receiving $180,000 (some contract) and that when TLC canceled the show for low ratings, Kody was so desperate he offered to take $180,000 for himself alone to keep it going - such a sweetie.
    So.... She sold her "family" home on the cul de sac to a stranger?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    So.... She sold her "family" home on the cul de sac to a stranger?
    Meri tweeted the other day that she has a business in Utah, but is still married and still lives in Las Vegas. I've not seen anything to indicate she sold the house in the cult-de-sac. Besides, Kody is still half owner, and I can't imagine he'd go alone with any plan to sell it to a stranger.
    I'm Paula.

I just watched the dance scene - holy crap. Tony is ridiculous. He is so aggressive, throwing her around, and she keeps having to yank her bodice up (this is why I'm a big fan of straps or sleeves on a wedding dress). I think HE THINKS he is Dancing With the Stars material, but he has no idea what he's doing. And Christine called their dancing "sweet" - huh??? Yikes.

Also, how long was this wedding? They had that venue from first thing in the morning until well into the night. Is that normal? (I'm not a wedding person, so I don't know...)

One last comment: Tony calling the wedding "magnanimous" - lol. What?

One really last comment: I hope you guys start watching Seeking Sister Wife. I wasn't going to bother, then I did, and now I'm hooked. I'd be really interested to hear what you all have to say about it.
    Last edited by Teri313; 02-14-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread