+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 171 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Newbie

Re: Sister Wives

ok, i know this is a really bizarre question, but do polygamist families worry about STD's? It just seems like something that could be a problem with having multiple partners.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4088254;
    I've only watched a couple of episodes she my impressions may be off base, but I get the feeling brining in Robin could be a huge mistake.
    Bringing in her specificially, not simply bringing in another "wife".

I think Kody's disgusting. He's like a little kid who suddenly had all his birthday's come at once. I get the sense that Robin will upset the balance of a family that seems to have worked reasonaly well so far.
    I agree completely Fluff... It does appear that Robin herself is already making waves, not that there is a 4th wife in the mix. I think a 4th wife who was better matched to the other wives personalities, thought-processes, and beliefs (and I don't mean just the acceptance of plueral marriage as being beneficial and God's plan or whatever the reasoning behind it). Robin is too agreeable w/ what Kody wants I think and the fact that she is already hiding things from the sister wives and completely disregarding their routines, and even heirarchy so to speak, and putting herself first after falsely befriending the other wives and behaving as if their suggestions and imput was important to her. I think she is manipulative and Kody is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. The guy already has an inflated sense of self w/ the 4 wives and all and now this new wife is yes dear-ing him to death. He must REALLY think he is something else! ICK!! I think he is disgusting too Fluff. I don't think Meri is going to fall for her stuff, and also believe that she may one day soon end up leaving the family. If she doesn't leave it's going to because of Christine and Janelle and her bond with them not because of Kody and Robin.
    Does anyone know where Robin's children's father is and what he thinks of them calling another man dad? I really didn't like Robin coaching her kids to call him dad and the other wives mama meri, etc... and yes, I agree that her kids should be her #! priority especially the boy w/ asberger's.
    I also think that if Kody has choosen to have multiple wives and all these children that he should be able to support them all. The wives talk about the benefits of pleural families, but to me the only one getting it all is Kody! Each of the wives is making sacrifices and giving up something in order to be in this lifestyle, but Kody is sitting back and raking it all in in my opinion. My best friend and I have a super close relationship, close as sisters you could say and we have always been there for each other to help with homes, kids, parents, everything these women share. The only difference is she doesn't have sex or children with my husband! My hubby who like alot of men jokes about having multiple wives hahaha, but he even says this jerk is the only one getting anything out of this relationship.
    I don't get what they see in this selfish ass. I Bet if the wives came to him and said we are taking other husbands he would flip his lid and spout for hours why it is wrong.
    I know it is their choices to make and that's cool, I guess it isn't for me to understand..
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911;4088553;
    I don't get what they see in this selfish ass. I Bet if the wives came to him and said we are taking other husbands he would flip his lid and spout for hours why it is wrong.
    Obviously Kody would be cool with it because he believes "love should be multiplied, not divided."

...as long as it adds partners for him....

I was wondering about STD's too....

As far as Robin's first husband goes supposedly Star Magazine has an article on him and he was upset that the kids were put on tv. I haven't seen the article I just read a paragraph from another site.

I do think Robin will stir up the pot and the feelings I get is that Kody is really, really digging her and is very attracted to her. It will be no time before she is expecting another child from him.

I don't get the lifestyle, I want my husband for myself and myself only, but if they are happy doing what they do more power to them. Though I have a feeling Meri and Christine are gonna be the ones that Kody will have to be careful with. I do feel with Christine there is gonna be alot of jealousy brewing, Meri looks like she kinda had it after 20 years. Janelle I get no vibe from.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4088582;

Though I have a feeling Meri and Christine are gonna be the ones that Kody will have to be careful with. I do feel with Christine there is gonna be alot of jealousy brewing, Meri looks like she kinda had it after 20 years. Janelle I get no vibe from.
    I think the original three wives are close and Robyn is an outsider. She is younger, thinner and attractive. Kody is crazy about her, she is new and exciting to him.... what woman wouldn't feel threatened?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4088248;
    I have watched it since the beginning. There are a few parallels with Sister Wives, don't you think? Especially megalomania vis a vis Bill and Kody,

Yes, I wonder if Kody and his wives watched Big Love and got the idea of coming out of the closet so to speak. That's what Bill and his families did last season. Maybe watching Big Love makes me doubt just how great that lifestyle is. Big Love shows the warts and all. I can see how dealing with each wife and all the kids and trying to keep everyone happy would be exhausting. I can certainly see the parallels between the fictional family and the realy one.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4088643;
    I think the original three wives are close and Robyn is an outsider. She is younger, thinner and attractive. Kody is crazy about her, she is new and exciting to him.... what woman wouldn't feel threatened?

I agree with you 110% on the threatened part....I know I would be a little of everything, threatened, jealous. sad that he is spending alot of time with the new woman...I know they will get over it they have been through it before.

I do find the show fascinating and the dynamics of the relationships are so different from each woman. Kody is a different man with each woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4088561;
    Obviously Kody would be cool with it because he believes "love should be multiplied, not divided."

...as long as it adds partners for him....
    that was funny Mindy. must have been hard to say that with a straight face.

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4088582;
    I was wondering about STD's too....

As far as Robin's first husband goes supposedly Star Magazine has an article on him and he was upset that the kids were put on tv. I haven't seen the article I just read a paragraph from another site.

I do think Robin will stir up the pot and the feelings I get is that Kody is really, really digging her and is very attracted to her. It will be no time before she is expecting another child from him.

I don't get the lifestyle, I want my husband for myself and myself only, but if they are happy doing what they do more power to them. Though I have a feeling Meri and Christine are gonna be the ones that Kody will have to be careful with. I do feel with Christine there is gonna be alot of jealousy brewing, Meri looks like she kinda had it after 20 years. Janelle I get no vibe from.
    Thanks for the info. I will have to check out that article. Just cause she "married" someone else doesn't mean the kid's dad isn't their dad anymore, at least in my book, and I wouldn't be happy if I was him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What was with all of the 'ugly' brown at the wedding?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread