+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 177 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4083540;
    Which one of them will end up on DWTS?
    NOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4083540;
    Which one of them will end up on DWTS?
    all of the women will wind up on DWTS and they will be sharing one male dance partner
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4083697;
    all of the women will wind up on DWTS and they will be sharing one male dance partner
    THAT is funny!!!! Touché redsox girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4083697;
    Love it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4083542;
    THEY ARE ALL ON OPRAH TOMORROW. (October 14th)
    I am sure it will be nice and heartwarming.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can see the 4 of them dancing with an arm around each other (all at once), and him dancing facing them, leading.

This is just gross.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've never watched this show but did watch them on Oprah. Figures the one day I can watch it this week this is what was on. So I decided to check out the thread here after going through a very uncomfortable hour for me.

The women just oozed insecurity on Oprah except the new wife who just oozed a mistress vibe (it's the best way I can put it) and then Kody...well really what can I possibly say.

This lifestyle makes me particularly uncomfortable knowing how when it goes bad (as in essentially buying/selling child brides etc.) it goes bad. That and the wives who say they enjoy this arrangement but show very little enthusiasm for this arrangement.

I used to not be that good at monogamy and had open relationships and participated in swinging. But now that I've grown up and gained some self esteem and all that jazz I just can't fathom disrespecting myself like that. And essentially this is just a one sided open relationship. I love myself way too much to purposely put myself through pain like that in the name of religion or to keep a man or any of that. And I think when I see these things it breaks my heart that these women put themselves through pain (which they admit to) and unhappiness and just go along thinking this is how it's supposed to be.

I'm glad I don't watch this show. My Oprah hour was just about enough of that for me.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4084182;
    I've never watched this show but did watch them on Oprah. Figures the one day I can watch it this week this is what was on. So I decided to check out the thread here after going through a very uncomfortable hour for me.

The women just oozed insecurity on Oprah except the new wife who just oozed a mistress vibe (it's the best way I can put it) and then Kody...well really what can I possibly say.

This lifestyle makes me particularly uncomfortable knowing how when it goes bad (as in essentially buying/selling child brides etc.) it goes bad. That and the wives who say they enjoy this arrangement but show very little enthusiasm for this arrangement.

I used to not be that good at monogamy and had open relationships and participated in swinging. But now that I've grown up and gained some self esteem and all that jazz I just can't fathom disrespecting myself like that. And essentially this is just a one sided open relationship. I love myself way too much to purposely put myself through pain like that in the name of religion or to keep a man or any of that. And I think when I see these things it breaks my heart that these women put themselves through pain (which they admit to) and unhappiness and just go along thinking this is how it's supposed to be.

I'm glad I don't watch this show. My Oprah hour was just about enough of that for me.
    I really do not think the child bride analogy is part of the equation here. Also, some of these people grew up with polygamous parents and were quite content with the experience. Kody's kids seem to be, too.

I watched them on Oprah today, too. These women do not ooze insecurity, by my lights. I got the opposite impression. I think they all had other options, and chose plural marriage. That wouldn't be my choice, and I really cannot dwell on the aspects of sexual intimacy between the wives and their husband. Then again, I can't focus on the sexual intimacy aspects of anyone else's relationships. That's just me. I really can't go a there in my imagination, nor do I want to.

There's only 1 episode left. The show literally puts me to sleep. Their lives are that boring.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I fell asleep during this Oprah. This life style bugs me for all the reasons I have previously listed (mainly the patriarchy, etc) but I don't think these people belong in jail. Those kids look like they are well looked after, and as much as I would never live that sort of life, I don't think prison is the answer. They put themselves out there so maybe the authorities felt bound to act. If these people get charged, they should charge everyone. Not going to happen.

Kody still creeps me out. The women are what keep me watching.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I had the feeling that Oprah was trying to keep the focus on the women. And Kody didn't seem real happy about it.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread