+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 178 FirstFirst ... 74124164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1773
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Newbie

Re: Sister Wives

Hi Debb 

Re what makes Kody smile all the time, how about we consider what makes men frown a lot too, hahaha! Although that is a bit misleading as nagging women sure make men frown too ... Oh dear I'm getting in deeper & deeper, hahaha!

Yeah the current episode here in Aussie is the actual commitment ceremony, so yes I saw the Mariah college fees thing but no I haven't seen the venture capital eps.

Well if Kody has a job I wish they would at least show him either going or coming home. I mean he was able to mind all the kids for the San Fran fiasco, no questions asked, no "I've taken time off work" etc.

Oh, then you are in for some great new episodes of this latest season. Hearing them discuss how Sister Wive's Closet could really be a money maker is quite amusing! lol

We do get to see more of the kids this season and that's nice.

Ref. Kody smiling.....I'm not sure if Kody is getting all the loving he wants anymore. He seems to be closer with Janelle, but his status with Meri and Christine is questionable. He seems okay with Robyn, but even that situation has some blips it seems. IMO, the grief the women seem to bring Kody outweighs the benefits. And it seems that if it's sex he wanted, an affair would be less complicated. Of course, maybe it's just that his ego needs the multi wife status. We know he has an ample ego.
    Punkin likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Legally, three of his current relationships are already just extra-marital affairs. And they seem to be VERY complicated. LOL.

FORT Newbie

Yes he does have a big ego but perhaps it became even more inflated with each new wife. However all that extra wife nagging could also bring him down somewhat but I haven't noticed him looking too troubled thus far.

I loved just about all of Big Love with the exception of the homosexual scenes which I had to keep fast forwarding through. And I have just recorded Outlaw Prophet to get more insight about that side of polygamy.

FORT Newbie

Well I finally got to see the commitment ceremony ... Overall I was impressed by the children, they are a pretty good compliment to their parenting. So I take it back a bit, maybe the ceremony was a good idea for everyone in the family after all.

But I also just watched the Warren Jeffs movie ... Ooohhh dear! Unfortunately the Browns are definitely in the same camp in terms of religion, sure there may be shades of fundamentalism BUT while they stick with the polygamy they are supporting the wackos too.

When will you guys down under get to see this latest season? Are you a season behind in most American series?

From what I've seen from the Browns, they are just as appalled by the Warren Jeffs type situation as I am. In fact Kody is a very open minded person. The fundamentalist Jeffs type groups are not. Kody says this lifestyle is not for everyone and he doesn't promote it as such. I assume they both believe in the Book of Mormon, but I don't see them as similar.

I loved Big Love!
    Imperfect1 and sparklete like this.

FORT Newbie

Well they have started express screening a few shows now e.g. game of Thrones because they realised they were just encouraging illegal downloading by delaying.

That Mormom plural wives theory sure is "out there" although I did a bit of researching & found that they do have strong grounds for also refuting that Adam Smith ever agreed to it, that it was only introduced by an elder who then sort of more or less took over (pls excuse me if I have got that muddled up).

Yes, there are differing opinions within the various Mormon sects as to the details of polygamy. I'm no expert either. I do know the modern, mainstream Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints denounced it long ago, basically because of pressure from the United States government.

In the next season you'll meet some nonMormon polygamists.

Interesting info on Game of Thrones. We get Downtown Abby later than it's aired in England. I always wait to see that though.
    PruJoy likes this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PruJoy View Post
    Yes he does have a big ego but perhaps it became even more inflated with each new wife. However all that extra wife nagging could also bring him down somewhat but I haven't noticed him looking too troubled thus far.

I loved just about all of Big Love with the exception of the homosexual scenes which I had to keep fast forwarding through. And I have just recorded Outlaw Prophet to get more insight about that side of polygamy.
    What Big Love are you talking about?
    My eyes perked up when you said you fast fowarded thru the homosexual scenes.. because, really. You'll fast forward through that- but muddle yourself up in polygamy & a Warren Jeffs movie? I apologize in advance for not knowing about Big Love..but, do you know a homosexual or do you know a polygamist? I'm genuinely curious.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    My eyes perked up when you said you fast fowarded thru the homosexual scenes.. because, really. You'll fast forward through that- but muddle yourself up in polygamy & a Warren Jeffs movie? I apologize in advance for not knowing about Big Love..but, do you know a homosexual or do you know a polygamist? I'm genuinely curious.
    My daughter is gay (and happily married to her gay partner, who she's been with for about 15 years) and they have 2 little children --- They're an extremely happy, NORMAL family. I also have a couple of distant relatives who are gay, and I know of quite a few other people who are gay.
    Punkin and Maveno like this.

+ Reply to Thread