+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 176 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

On the other show about polygamous people I recall them discussing birth control like it was a dirty little secret because it wasn't supported by their families and it was a choice those women had made that wasn't necessarily in line with the religious beliefs they adhered to.

In both families here the whole having and who is having a baby discussion seems to be a larger family issue that involves a degree of discussion between all the sister wives. And in either case it always seems to result in hurt feelings. Though I bet too the pregnant wife gets all sorts of attention not only from Kody but the other wives so it is a nice position to be in in the family. I mean really for the most part Meri had been put to pasture long ago when she couldn't have more kids.

If I were Kody and only interested in procreating with the new wife to keep the peace better (so it didn't look like I was only interested in the hot wife) I would be discussing as a family healthy and uncomplicated pregnancies and which of the wives is mostly at their age to have an uncomplicated pregnancy because as the leader of the household it would be irresponsible for me to put any wife in that position because I want to grow the family. But Kody isn't a thinking man like that. He lets the women bumble around instead of taking a leadership role.

Well, I think Kody was pretty blunt when he told Merri last season that he did not want to pursue fertility measures with her to obtain a pregnancy. She had whined about it for ages and would not commit, so he made the decision that it wasn't right to keep toying with that idea. And I think that Janelle has already stated that more children are not in her plans at all. That leaves Robyn and Christine. From what I've seen of Christine, she's not up for open discussions about much of anything that involves Robyn.

FORT Newbie

Well I just want to say that it is kind of sickening when you see just how ridiculously happy Kody is, like a pig in a mud pond, esp when compared with how messed up the wives look (as someone commented quite a ways back, they sure don't reflect the happy opening piece).

There is only one reason a man can look like that ALL the time ...
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PruJoy View Post
    Well I just want to say that it is kind of sickening when you see just how ridiculously happy Kody is, like a pig in a mud pond, esp when compared with how messed up the wives look (as someone commented quite a ways back, they sure don't reflect the happy opening piece).

There is only one reason a man can look like that ALL the time ...
    Do tell.....what's the reason? lol
    PruJoy likes this.

Stupidity?

A Big Welcome, Prujay!! We always get so silly happy when we find new people to play with!!
    PruJoy likes this.
    Tell me again about the day you brought me home and I was all cold and hungry and you became my forever human... It's my favorite kitty bedtime story.

Yes, welcome Prujoy. I'd love to hear your theory.
    PruJoy likes this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

Maybe because he doesn't ever have to cook.

LOLOL ahh...ha.ha.. ha?
    Punkin, Debb70 and PruJoy like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

Oh dear I just wrote a MASSIVE reply & then it got lost on its way to being posted ... Phhht!!! I don't think my iPad likes this forum, it won't let me put in even a teeny, weeny avatar, lol!

But I can remember a few things ... Thank you for the very nice welcome! Plus I'm fr Australia & we are about 2 months behind you in the series.

Another thing that irks me is the MONEY, pls show me where they get the money! I mean those are BIG new homes & fitted out with all mod cons such as spa baths etc. Although I must admit, the homes do sound pretty hollow due to minimal furnishings so it appears the money only just stretched to the homes themselves. And we don't see any adult heading off to work in any of the current episodes, sooooo whose paying the mortgages?

If TLC is bankrolling their lifestyle well it makes the show less & less real doesn't it. And they end up staging events like the recommitment ceremony. For goodness sake they couldn't have fitted any more hollow gestures in there if they tried. People who really support & care for each other sure don't need to mix coloured sand.

One more thing, what's with Kody saying he didn't want any of his children to go into student loan debt & that he didn't believe in debt ... Yet he's sitting in one of those 4 mortgaged homes???
    causingchaos likes this.

FORT Newbie

Oh gosh, it finally did accept my fav snoopy pic, yay!
    Debb70 likes this.

I like your avatar Prujoy! Nice to meet an Aussie!

I'm trying to go back 2 months in time to figure out which episodes you are seeing now. Have you seen this past season yet where the Browns are discussing ways to raise capital for their family business, Sister Wife's Closet? Apparently, they aren't making much money off of that venture yet. I also think that Jenelle and Kody work in regular jobs, but that's about it. The issue of how they afford what they afford has always been a big topic around here. It is a frustrating question and one we may never figure out.

Have you seen the part about where Kody and Meri's daughter Mariah wants to attend Westminster College, that has high tuition costs? That's pretty ridiculous.

So, why do you think Kody is always looking so happy?

+ Reply to Thread