+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Googly eyes! That was too much. lol

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

This show is one hot mess, a train wreck, but like a train wreck, I seem unable to turn away or not watch. On tomorrow night's show it is more interviewing with them. I wonder what Christine seems upset about and leaves for a minute.

I can not stand Kody, Robyn, or Meri. I tolerate Christine and like Janelle. I can't believe that Janelle is the only one working. Does she have to contribute to the whole family, or can she keep her pay cheque for herself and her family. Does Kody work at all? I don't think I have ever seen that addressed. I missed when Robyn came into the family....sounds like there was some jealousy with that. Sorry I missed it. I do like some of the kids and enjoyed the episode about them. But I so hated the episode where Kody spoke to some of them about kissing spreading their hormones etc!! That was hilarious. Anyway bottom line, I hate that I watch this show, as I don't agree with anything about their lifestyle, it sickens me in fact, but I can't seem to not watch. I also watch My 5 Wives, and don't really like it any better. Thanks

Karey
    Last edited by KareyR2; 07-26-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Kody + ponytail. No. Just no.
    Maveno likes this.

Yeah, that ponytail thing is horrible, IMO.

The thing with Christine getting up and walking out for awhile was seemingly triggered by something to do with Kody and Robyn discussing another baby. Apparently, Christine is so insanely jealous about it, that they had to table that discussion. I used to like Christine, but the more I get to see of her, the more I think she might just be really crazy. She sure seems to be a big baby. I'm about over her. I think she was ignored when Kody first courted Robyn and she's never gotten over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, that ponytail thing is horrible, IMO.

The thing with Christine getting up and walking out for awhile was seemingly triggered by something to do with Kody and Robyn discussing another baby. Apparently, Christine is so insanely jealous about it, that they had to table that discussion. I used to like Christine, but the more I get to see of her, the more I think she might just be really crazy. She sure seems to be a big baby. I'm about over her. I think she was ignored when Kody first courted Robyn and she's never gotten over it.
    Christine has been jealous about Robyn since day one. I thought things had gotten better but, apparently not.

I'm fairly sure Robyn is currently pregnant and I cannot get over how insecure and immature Christine is feeling about this. Imagine walking off the set because she can't handle the fact that one of her sister wives (Robyn in particular) is pregnant! She made a complete fool out of herself.

BTW, Robyn looked totally out of sorts about it. Can you blame her?

Christine has to live with all that awkwardness that Kody never found her attractive at the get go too. It's one of Kody's big failings is that he just seems to ram through these relationships without a care in the world. So not only is Christine so not attractive to Kody but now he's procreating with the hot wife. Who has always been the hot wife. You know?

For all any of us really know Kody may not have touched Christine in a long time. Or shown her any sort of intimacy. (but who knows on that part)

For all of Kody's faults and I know there are many, I still have to hand him one thing. He has a couple of very high maintenance women in his life and he seems to attempt to keep things together. It seems that Mary and Christine are so dependent on him for their sense of self. Robyn is that way too, I think. Janelle is the independent one, but the others are just so high maintenance. I don't think one husband/one wife could make them happy. IMO, for all their boasting about wanting a family, not just a man, they do want a full time man. It's an odd lifestyle for people with their dependency issues.
    causingchaos likes this.

I've always contested that some of these women are not suited for this lifestyle and didn't think about it. Janelle does well in this because she's always had her own life, her own thoughts and so on. There is a high degree of needing to rely on yourself to meet your emotional and other needs in this lifestyle and the people like Christine who has a high degree of need to feel special or Meri who is pretty much the same just don't meld well into this kind of life. When I was seriously into open relationships I watched people wash out all the time because they couldn't adjust their thinking.

But I'm going to lay some of this back on Kody too. He chose these women. Part of his obligation in this relationship is working with these women through these issues. Not necessarily being at their beck and call but like seriously addressing these issues. I get the impression of him that he kind of tries a little to smooth things over and then runs off to where there's less drama but he's got all these ticking time bombs in the air because of it. He's not skilled at negotiating all of this and it contributes heavily to the issues. I get the distinct feeling too that because Meri and Christine are problem children that he almost avoids them emotionally. Instead of having meaningful time with them he's there physically but his head is anywhere but there. Which then in turn goes to make all their stuff worse.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar

I think he did a fantastic job of finding meek women. They all are, imHo. What better picks to have as your 4 wives? Week, emotionally needy, & no real direction in their own lives at the time of him "marrying" them. Just to marry into polygamy and procreate. Like getting more hens for the coop... to lay more eggs.
    Punkin and PIMguy like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I think he did a fantastic job of finding meek women. They all are, imHo. What better picks to have as your 4 wives? Week, emotionally needy, & no real direction in their own lives at the time of him "marrying" them. Just to marry into polygamy and procreate. Like getting more hens for the coop... to lay more eggs.
    Great point. I also just put it together in my little head (and maybe I'm wrong), but isn't Kody the only one who was not born into polygamy? It sounds like all the wives were children of polygamists, but Kody was a run of the mill Mormon. Seems like he saw a lifestyle that would stroke his ego and he found the meek women that know nothing else to use for his purposes. He plays the "put upon" husband who has to gallantly manage chaos but I have no doubt he enjoys having four women (and counting?) who "dig" him.

I don't know if I have ever heard the "who has babies" thing explained. Are they like the Duggars and they just keep going at it and see what happens or do they make a decision about who has babies and when? If the later is true, then I assume it is Kody making that decision and I could see how any of the wives would be upset when Kody decides to have a baby with a specific wife. There could be no other feeling than rejection if your husband chooses to have a baby with another wife despite your ability and willingness to have one also. Boy, the more I think about this lifestyle the more I have to wonder why any man would choose it.
    causingchaos likes this.

+ Reply to Thread