+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 176 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1757
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just watched last night's episode.

I hereby nominate Kody Brown as "self-absorbed, condescending, rude and insensitive person of the year for the entire world."
    I still have to watch!! Tonight for sure!!

BUT I WILL VOTE NOW.....lol......checking off the YES box!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

I found last night's show with the family trekking 1,400 miles off to Kansas to meet another polygamist family rather strange. The Browns emphasized they did not know them (wonder how they even found them), yet in today's era of phones, emails, texts, Skype and social media I would have thought some initial contact would have been made beforehand. To take this trip in three vehicles with so many children in winter conditions made no sense. What was the rush that they couldn't have waited for nicer weather, other than it was spring break for the kids? To pull into camping grounds in complete darkness is absurd.

The Kansas "family" consists of one wife with nine!!! children and the other woman with none, certainly indicating possible fertility problems. I have concerns for this new family who are now "out" to the public and what problems it might cause them at home, particularly for the children in school. They all seem like lovely people, down to earth, and their children were adorable. The children are obviously being raised with good values and manners, the only strange exception being having to go thorough role call as in Sound of Music. I wonder if the family is auditioning for the next TLC reality series.

I can't see Wife no. 2 of that family they visited hanging around much longer if she can't have kids. It must be awkward, by the way Wife no. 1 explained it. It was painful to watch her discuss her nine kids, with wife no. 2 having none.

Did they say what part of Kansas the family was from?
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Springfield, "Misery" . . . not Kansas. The Lamberts they went to would have been the one in Ozark.
    momrek06 likes this.

Punkin: I thought the same thing! Unless he was trying to pull off a Japanese Warrior look, or maybe copy Truly........... And the way he described the Seder was totally incorrect. Butchering the Hebrew prayer was even worse. It made no sense at all. Such a Douchebag Bafoon!!
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    I'm still recovering from that show, wow! First of all, did Kody actually have the gall to tell viewers that everything the Brown family has touched turns to gold? That they have the Midas touch and that's why investors should give them money? Talk about believing your own press.

Don't they ever watch Shark Tank? Channeling Mr. Wonderful: Your business only gets interest because of your current low-level fame. As soon as the TV show is gone, the interest in the business is gone. You have a large segment of society that is biased against your lifestyle and would never purchase from you. Plus, I can go to craft shows every weekend of the year and see comparable jewelry for much lower prices, and I'm not having a lifestyle agenda shoved down my throat there. You have no sales, your conversion rate is horrible and your only solution to those issues is to get more money. My money. I love my money. If I gave it to you, it would die. I can't allow that to happen. For that reason, I'm out.

And, oh boy, that presentation. Robyn gets the ugly cry (nice bit of self-awareness there Robyn), Meri acts like she's reciting a memorized speech, Kody does his usual bouncing off the walls over-the-top smarmy sales pitch, Janelle sounds competent but relied on the "I can get you that answer" and "it's in the package" attitude a bit too much, and Christine tells the investors that if they gave them too much money, they (the Browns) would get lazy and not put out as much effort. Unfortunately, I fear that this is all a set-up by TLC to keep interest and the Brown's will get their money (from somebody) and Robyn's Closet will keep on going. And we'll see more ugly man jewelry on Kody every week.

At least TLC is following the formula. Find an odd family living an odd lifestyle, highlight their struggles, make them rich and famous, show us an odd rich and famous family doing rich and famous people things like traveling, getting $2.5 million from investors, sending their kids to expensive schools, oh, and throw in some ceremony or celebration with an arduous time constraint. Show one of the "stars" saying the time honored phrase "I don't know if we're going to get it done in time." And, cue Robyn's tears.

OMg.. I was crying with laughter while reading your post! I love your style, and yes, you NAILED IT!

(still reading the thread, hope to see more of these gems!)
    KareyR2 likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I thought the parents seemed to have realized that being at odds with each other was not good for their franchise right now. They sucked it up and pretended to be on good terms. I get it. They focused on their great kids and that's okay with me. I like the kids, for the most part.

I will say that for the first time I saw how in the beginning they were crazy over Kody in a romantic way, except for Janelle, who said it was more of a friendship.

I thought the ending was pretty weird. A guess they consider it a cliffhanger to see if Robyn is pregnant or not.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Thanks Maveno, that's very nice of you. But the credit has to go to the Browns, they give us so much. Take this last episode (or the last one I saw, can't keep them all straight). I couldn't believe I was watching four adult, relatively intelligent women tell us, with straight faces, that one of the most wonderful things about Kody was that when he gives you the googly eyes you know they are just for you. And all four of them said it!!! Ladies, get a grip. There ain't no body parts on Kody that are just for you. By definition, the four of you share it all, including the googly eyes.

And it sounds like Kody was the belle of the ball at polygamy functions. Every low-self-esteem brainwashed from birth girl wanted to be his wife. But that shrewd Christine, she called her shot and waited until slot #3 was open. Of course, it sounds like she also thought she would be the last wife, the one who completed Kody and the family. Hey, you win some you lose some. But, heeyy, at least the hair matched the face, or the face matched the hair. Whatever shallow, Kody-ego-stroking comment she made. And those sly producers left us hanging on future family additions. Fortunately, I can do Robyn math:

Kody + money from investors = baby. Let's hope they give it a name of significance, like Dolla Bill Brown. But they'll probably go one of two ways: an obscure Biblical name like Apphia or a city in Colorado like Boulder. Boulder Brown sounds pretty good actually.

Just wait until the 5th wife comes along and see how Robyn behaves.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread