+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

One of the ladies did comment on the large number of hits, but low number of actual sales. This seems to indicate that the shopper is not liking what they see. I guess the Browns want help to put things on the site that the shopper will like. The problem is that they are not creative or talented enough to do these designs or understand the shopper.

And why do the Sister Wives think their demographic shopper is a working mother? They aren't working mothers, are they? lol

OMG! That presentation was the caliber of a group of high school students who didn't work on their project until the night before. ...and, no, it isn't ok to cry to show your passion for the product. I was embarrassed for them! They were in way over their heads.

Sure, they get a lot of lookiloos at their SWC website. Most of the folks who scan their site are viewers of the show and are merely checking it out for the heck of it with NO real intention of making a purchase. I'm sure the number of hits always increases after SWC is mentioned on the show. There's absolutely no correlation between the number of hits to the site to the total number of sales. Most of the people are simply browsing. I'm sure they don't have many repeat buyers.

How can the Brown's think their total sales will go up, along with the hits, if they don't improve, change, or manipulate the prices for the products (which they clearly aren't qualified to do)? There's a reason those hits don't directly correlate to purchases. THE JEWELRY ISN'T ALL THAT ATTRACTIVE!

Their MSWC website has not been working for at least 2 weeks!

I have been trying to access it for two days and it keeps giving me a big huge ERROR message!

I saw one poster on MSWC FB page state the website has been posting that ERROR message for two weeks!

How on earth do they expect anyone to even buy anything if they don't have a working website?
    KAREN

Perhaps they don't get the capital they want to enhance the business and it folds or perhaps they do get the capital and they are busy enhancing the site for the new reveal....just guessing what may be wrong with it............................ .it looks like it's up now.

Products | MY SISTERWIFE'S CLOSET

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Some are of the opinion that they probably have huge "fancy financing" loans on the houses, and they really want this $2.5M to pay off the mortgages . . . and the tiny amount left over would go to MSWC.

I'm pretty sure those Venture Capital folks have seen more accomplished people than the Browns trying to dazzle them with bovine excrement.

I got on their website in the last couple days. I think they're kind of missing their target market. A lot of their designs look really generic and juvenile (earrings in particular). I mean I could get those for a couple dollars at Claires probably in 3 pack. I personally wouldn't want anything with an SW on it indicating that I either watch the show or want to identify with being a sister wife (I'm not) that is also juvenile. If they had jewelry that was just pretty and creative and unique and not oozing with agenda like the SW stuff was yeah I'd consider it and not care who was selling it. But really they need to consider that they do look like a hot mess to a lot of the general public and that there are people that shy away buying stuff just because of how they present themselves.

I was actually kind of excited to see what kind of creative stuff theycould come up with initially but it's all so... buy it at Hobby Lobby and piece it together to me.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I was actually kind of excited to see what kind of creative stuff theycould come up with initially but it's all so... buy it at Hobby Lobby and piece it together to me.
    And there's that whole horrendously overpriced issue.
    causingchaos likes this.

FORT Newbie

this business will never work because of their products. I would not buy a single piece of jewelry from there because they are ugly, poorly designed or SW affiliated which i am not. If i am going to buy jewelry i want it to reflect me and my lifestyle, not them and theirs.
    If they had trendy type pieces then i could see some people buying it but its just juvenile crap. the earrings especially remind me of the 80s. With hearts and arrows, i wouldn't be caught dead in stuff like that.

What they should have said in their presentation:
    Ummm we are on this show on tlc and want to cash in on the popularity as soon as possible. We thought if we put up and website and sell over priced jewelry that our fans would just eat it up. Turns out it didn't work out so well, so we had favorite wife Robyn design more ugly pieces but at a much cheaper price. Still just little nibbles from our millions of hits. So we were thinking, how about you give us idiots 2.5 million dollars and you can basically take over because none of us really want to do this anymore.

At least that would have been honest instead of watching them try to bs professional investors.

Kody was very obvious when he said, if you invest and we arent doing a good job, you will jump in and help right?
    so he is basically wanting someone to invest a lot of money and when they are invested they will do everything they can to make the business successful so they can get a return on their money and make them some at the same time.

I'm not sure what Janelle is doing for work, is she still doing the real estate? Im quite sure she is doing something since she is the only wife with drive to succeed outside of the home.
    Christine is probably the laziest wife of them all. She is just content staying home and living off the others. I couldn't believe last season when she basically said Janelle should just work more so she can stay home and be a mom like in utah. how selfish is she
    Robyn wants to pop out more babies the family doesn't need and probably cant afford.
    Meri... going back to school? They can barely afford to send their kids to college and now she wants a piece of the family money to educate herself. It wasn't enough that she got the big house she doesn't even need but now she wants to be an unemployed student instead of getting a job and pitching in.

First of all, how many venture capitalists invest in mom and pop startups? (Or in this case, mom, mom, mom, mom and pop.) Seed funders, maybe, or angel investors. But VCs usually come in when there's a chance to make a killing on a public offering, right? I don't see My Sister Wives' Closet being traded on the stock exchange. The whole thing didn't make sense.

Second of all, Meri starting crying! I used to think she was just sensitive; now I think she's selfish and manipulative. She probably learned as a child that the easiest way to get your way, get out of something you don't want to do, or avoid the consequences of your actions is to make people feel sorry for you. Her tears are real, but I do believe it's a learned response. I wish the others would call her out on that.
    ccfromcan likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Perhaps they don't get the capital they want to enhance the business and it folds or perhaps they do get the capital and they are busy enhancing the site for the new reveal....just guessing what may be wrong with it............................ .it looks like it's up now.

Products | MY SISTERWIFE'S CLOSET
    Debb, I was on their Facebook page!

If you go to their FB page, the top comment is a picture of a MSWC Necklace!

I believe the post is dated JUNE 8th!

MSWC posts "Please tune in for tonight's premier"! Anyway they include the LINK to their website!

It's THAT link I have been using and right now that link is still showing ERROR message!

I would c&p for you but I am on my iPad!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread