+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree686Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Joseph Smith and Brigham Young may have had all kinds of reasons to support polygamy, but multiple wives were mentioned in the Bible and condoned. David of The Bible had at least 7 wives. Others did too.

Why did God allow polygamy / bigamy in the Bible?

I'm not supporting the position, but only trying to look at facts.
    causingchaos likes this.

Chalking up polygamy as a reason for men to essentially have more fun really put the women who choose this lifestyle down. Whether they do it because they believe is how they get to salvation or for their religious/moral reasons or just because it's a lifestyle they understand and agree with if no other reason these women good, bad or other wise have made this choice and it's ok. If they feel comfortable with their husband having more than one lover or more than one wife or even not comfortable if they tolerate it... that does not make them bad women or bad spouses or repressed. Other than the Robin thing these women are not too deeply jealous or bothered by Kody's being with other women. I think that's pretty darn cool. Especially when I see insanely jealous monogamists around me daily. It's a refreshing change for me to stumble on this show.

I don't think Kody is the greatest at navigating multiple relationships. And I do think the women feel neglected a lot by him. But it's not exactly the easiest lifestyle on the face of the earth either and it's not like they can really talk about it with people. None of them can really sit down with the neighbor and be complaining because if they say anything negative everyone points and goes "see those relationships never work." The stress of my non-monogamist relationships was nothing compared to the stress of the public who felt their way was the only way to have a relationship.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Joseph Smith and Brigham Young may have had all kinds of reasons to support polygamy, but multiple wives were mentioned in the Bible and condoned. David of The Bible had at least 7 wives. Others did too.
    I grew up Catholic - we didn't read the bible!
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I grew up Baptist, attended a Christian school from 9th -12th grade, and was forced to read scripture eveyday except Saturday. It was pretty brutal. Oh, and we were taught that the LDS was a cult. Maybe that's why I wanted to join as a teen. Just being rebellious. lol (The regular church, not the polygamist sect.)

I do suspect that the polygamists men do follow the practice on religious grounds as opposed to lust. It would be much easier to have a mistress or affair than to have wives and families. IMO, it seems very difficult and straining on your wallet, mind and body. Lots of drawbacks and few benefits. Of course, if the benefit is being a god and ruling eternally, I get it.
    causingchaos likes this.

Saw a preview that this is coming back tomorrow. Preview showed some drama... Should be interesting... or not.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Newbie

Well, I'm obviously way late to the convo and have no idea what the current topic is.. BUT, I just wanted to pop in here and say... Cody's hair REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY needs to change. He looks ridiculous. I've heard them, including Cody refer to his hair as "surfer". BAHHAHAHHAAA!!!!!! Noooo, that's just hanging onto the last strands of a full head of hair. We always stop on the show and laugh at his hair.. yes, we're ass****s.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 06-09-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    lilymax likes this.

I admit it--I DVR this show so I won't miss it. Anyone watch tonight? I understand Robyn is all about the business, but can't understand why she doesn't see that it's mostly her thing, and Mary has a different path. she should respect that.

I thought Jennelle's face looked much softer, more young, but didn't see much weight loss on the rest. Doesn't bother me what she weighs--she is my favorite--I love her personality. Don't know if she is still pursuing weight loss by dieting or just working out.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

This family comes across as very unorganized. I mean with all of the people they have to support they need to be alot more organized/
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Does anyone actually make a weekly paycheck? I have always been confused by that and then this episode as it concentrated on how they spend (that particular week they were filming) an enormous amount of time partying.

Birthday parties and anniversary parties while Robyn complains that her working on her jewelry may get in the way of her having another baby.....ODD.

I think it's great Meri wants to further her education but I wish she had sat Robyn down before getting transcripts sent for and just was openly honest with her that she wants her DEGREE. Esp if Meri has been telling Robyn all along that she would be a working partner in this business. (Christine and Janelle have both said they would rather be part time involved in the business.)

I think Robyn should get her son officially diagnosed. Robyn states he has Apergers and Cody says he is just "quirky"!
    Dayton looks like he has a "lazy" eye. I do hope he is getting proper medical care.

Cody talking to Mykelti and her bf ... Kissing someone, (their hormones go in your mouth) and holding hands will cause you to break up. Whattttttt ODD

Meri straightening Cody's hair and Janelle putting Cody's hair into a pony tail. Eeek! Ugh!
    Meri, Cody is no Keith Urban. ugh
    KareyR2 and lilymax like this.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I recorded it last night. (HAD to watch my honey, Hugh Jackman, on the Tonys.) I'll watch it tomorrow.

I'm part of a private Facebook group where we snark . . . and the group was created with snarking about Sister Wives as our common interest (although we have branched out, and have become good online friends). It was hysterical reading all their "live" comments last night, even though I haven't seen the show yet.

+ Reply to Thread