+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Sister Wives

I'm totally in the camp that finds Kody very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I'm totally in the camp that finds Kody very attractive.
    OH, thanks. I guess there are a few of us around.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I love you guys . . . but I think I just threw up in my mouth a little about the idea of finding Kody attractive. I think he's a financially immature narcissistic surfer-boy wannabe who doesn't want (or have) to grow up. How he has ever convinced 4 women to go along with the insanity of being "married" to him is beyond my ability to comprehend.

(I know. I need to come out of my shell and say what I really think.)
    Punkin, captain, mom2 and 3 others like this.

AZChristian, why not come out of your shell a little bit more,....(laughing) I guess you all know what I think of this twerp-I think he is lower than low,...and believe he is as bad as that guy that's in jail, hence my comments about Cody's future wives. I don't know Cody or any of his wives, and I have no clue what their future holds, but.....
    sclilred1 and AZChristian like this.

I don't see Kody forcing the women to do anything. In fact, I think he gets exasperated with them that they don't go along with him. He doesn't even force his kids to think a certain way or do anything, so I think he's very different from Warren Jeffs, who I assume you are referring to that is in jail. I don't see much of a similarity, except that they are both polygamist. Even those women that have actually been in coercive situations say the Brown family is not like that.

what i cannot understand, no matter how i try, is how somebody could convince themselves that their God wants them to have multiple wives/be married to a man with multiple wives. this does not make any sense to me and never has. much about religion and dogma does not necessarily make sense to me. but the idea that man was made to have multiple wives yet women were not made to have multiple husband just seems really off. i would never be able to convince myself it was pleasing to my "god" to live a life like that.

in the end i suppose its important that we are also given free will, and the Mormons do address that. so if it pleases you to live with several women sharing one man, why not do it in your own name, and because it pleases YOU and is best for you to do so rather than claiming God wants it that way?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

IMHO, this is one of those instances where they pull out the "be fruitful and multiply" command. Back in the early Bible, men took additional wives and concubines in order to follow that commandment. One woman with multiple husbands wouldn't have the same outcome. And in modern times, we don't NEED to add to overpopulation concerns.

It's an "obey what you like" mindset. I don't think Kody does anything he doesn't want to do. Like get a real job.
    Punkin, captain and sclilred1 like this.

OH my gosh I would never compare him to the pedophile Warren Jeff's. Not by a million years or any stretch of the imagination. Kody got involved with women who at least at some point as adults believed that they wanted to be in a poly relationship.

Having been involved in non-monogamous relationships in some variation for a long time for non-religious reasons different strokes for different folks. At this point in my life I could easily have a "swinging" relationship or after some thought I really wouldn't care if my male partner had other women on the side. I would likely not maintain more than one relationship (or as I put it use my open option) because right now I'm just lacking time to get into all that. But I would hate if me or my partners were compared to a pedophile because and I have to defend Kody and the gang on that.

These are adults. Period. He's not holding anyone hostage. If these women wanted to give up their salvation and move on they could. They were of age when they married.

I don't compare monogamists to horrible people just because I don't understand their lifestyle or that lifestyle doesn't fit me. I typically don't pick on religious beliefs either even though I'm not religious. This is their belief and a relationship style that they mutually agreed on as adults. But geez oh man these people are not part of that pedophile clan.
    Imperfect1, beesknees and lilymax like this.

In trying to get into the head of the Mormon polygamist, I have to look into their history. Keeping in mind that the modern Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, no longer condons or allows polygamy, but they once did.

These polygamists trace their beliefs to what the Mormon prophets taught was God's will. The church had to abandon polygamy due to the US government declaring it illegal, but it was their teaching up to that point. So, some Mormons think that God wanted it that way and that the modern LDS church had no right or authority to change what God had ordered them to do. So, these people believe it's God's teaching. If I grew up being taught that something was God's teaching and his way, I can see how it might be a part of who I am and it might not be that easy for me to abandon it if my eternal life is determined by how I follow God's laws.

This is my understanding of Mormon history. Please correct me if needed. I am no authority, but here's a link.
    Mormonism and polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the followers may not like it or really want to do it, but if it's what you think you have to do, then what else can they do? It's not that easy to erase your moral code and religious upbringing, IMO.
    causingchaos and Photobabe like this.

First off, count me as one who thinks that Cody is attractive but because my teen years were during the hippie era, I have always been attracted to longer hair on men. My husband had long hair when I met him in 1972 (he is now half-bald!). And I don't find Cody despicable either.

Secondly, I think the polygamy idea was born out of the desire of the founders of the LDS church to have multiple wives, so they declared it to be an idea given to them from God. I know its cynical but I can't help but think there's some truth in it. Condemn me if you will.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread