+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

But, then..... ahem, bizarre is as bizarre does. And I wouldn't put these folks too far from the FLDS. Men can justify any pairing through their "religion".

There have been several remarks about Kody getting a new wife, is something in the wind?
    There's no place like home!

I think the new wife rumor is them trying to combat their competition, which is the new show of the guy with 5 WIVES also on TLC.
    momrek06 likes this.

Interesting couple of shows last night! Here are a few random thoughts.

1. There is NO WAY Robin just happened to have a spare dress hanging in her closet! I don't blame her for buying a dress, because the one being made was a hot mess, but why not just admit to the purchase?

2. I wasn't there, but the ceremony seemed quite long. Wonder about the actual time frame.

3. Kody clearly lost his cool with the picture taking. That's what happens when you're the husband of four women and must pose for fairly formal family pictures on an important day....with guests waiting. Picture taking takes forever! Too bad, Kody!

4. Why did Kody waste so much precious time hanging the lights? I know, from hanging Christmas lights, how time consuming and aggravating it can be....and I don't climb up four houses when doing it. I'm sure his talents could have been used elsewhere.

5. During the tell all show, I thought Meri still seemed to be pulling away from the family a bit. Anybody else think her new "best friend" is putting a bug in her ear? Hmmm...

6. I love Janelle!

7. Meri pays for most of Mariah's college tuition! Good.

8. I believe the wife who is most invested in the marriage is Robin. No doubt in my mind!

9. Christine has really grown in the last year. (Truly's health issues most likely helped her see the light.)

10. It seems almost all the teenage kids want nothing to do with being involved in a future plig marriage. It was interesting to hear Mariah's present thoughts on the subject. She hasn't totally backed away from the idea but it seems she's more open to the alternative. I think the longer these children are away from Utah the less interested they will be.

Good points Tinderbox. Mariah actually is attending school in Utah, but the school has few if any other polygamist family students. I'm sure she'll be influenced by the regular LDS students, but that's what college life is about. Learning new things, living with people who are different and trying to broaden your mind is what's so great about college. I do find it difficult to believe that a female medical doctor would be a sister wife.....I just can't see it.

I haven't watched the interview show yet. Too many things on last night.

It's funny how I relate to Kody when he gets frustrated with his family sometimes. Like with the picture taking. I am usually the one who can't understand why someone can't just stand there, look in the right direction and smile. It boggles the mind at how many people over the age of 12 who can't do it. Granted, little kids can be cranky and protest, but with older people it's ridiculous. Normally, I keep my cool and try to help them focus.
    I'm the same way when practicing a play. Some people can't stand in the right spot and say their lines. I'm talking about adults and teens. You have to instruct them to do it numerous times and still they can't seem to do it. I'm not sure why some people are like that. ADHD maybe?

It seemed that the dress situation was staged drama, IMO. I don't sew well, however, I grew up in a home where people did and I've never seen it take that long to sew a dress. Even without a pattern, it shouldn't have taken that long to make those dresses. I found it very hard to swallow.

I actually think the lights looked really good. I'm not sure if it was worth the frustration though.

Every function in which food is served, needs a person at each table to ensure that the guests are not picking up food with their fingers and touching other's servings. I noticed Truely do it and a grown male guest! Grosses me out and I'm always amazed at how many guests who don't understand that you don't touch other people's food. I recently attended a function where there served this delicious punch. I wanted more, but as I walked to get more I saw a guy use his dirty cup to get a refill and he stuck the laddle so far down in his cup that it touched!!!! Yuck.

I did see the part where Kody got upset about Solomon still sleeping in his bed. I wonder how long her other kids slept with her.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.

I don't think Kody wants to sleep with the other wives that is why he wants the child out of Robyn's bed. I did notice she is not in any hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I don't think Kody wants to sleep with the other wives that is why he wants the child out of Robyn's bed. I did notice she is not in any hurry.
    No please do not even go there. Please. This is not going to happen. Robyn's kids are HIS kids. Period.

Unnecessary.

Can we drop the "Kody taking one of Robyn's daughters as a wife" discussion. Please.

TY
    nanarama likes this.
    KAREN

I never said anything about Kody wanting one of Robyn's kids. I was talking about Solomon the baby is still sleeping in the bed with Robyn and Kody does not like it.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I never said anything about Kody wanting one of Robyn's kids. I was talking about Solomon the baby is still sleeping in the bed with Robyn and Kody does not like it.
    I am sorry, captain! I so misread your post thinking the discussion of one of Robyn's daughters joining the SW's was back as it was discussed a few pages ago.

Your wording had me reading your post all wrong.

Now I have re read it a few times and I understand what you are saying.

Ya, that is a problem with Solomon.
    KAREN

I wish the show didn't always put me to sleep so reliably. I wanted to see what those dresses wound up looking like. I couldn't seem to stay awake for any scenes including a good look at any of them. I didn't know Robyn didn't wear one of the homemade ones though but am not surprised; they all looked horrible early on.

Did any of the dresses turn out decently at all? I liked the color of Janelle's but that's all I could really tell.

+ Reply to Thread