+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I recall when Robin was pregnant. I had forgotten about the free clinic though.

I don't know how the women would be able to not claim their income from TLC though.
    You'd be surprised the interesting things people do to bury income and assets when applying for state programs. I see it pretty much on a daily basis with the population I work with and nothing ceases to amaze me. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they one family member (Kody) earning the income on paper.

I figure they are getting something like a medicaid program. In Oklahoma it is called Sooner Care. With the amount of kids they have I am sure they qualify all except Meri. It depends on what their salaries are from the show and that may be too much and disqualify them. BTW how many kids does each of the other ladies have.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I figure they are getting something like a medicaid program. In Oklahoma it is called Sooner Care. With the amount of kids they have I am sure they qualify all except Meri. It depends on what their salaries are from the show and that may be too much and disqualify them. BTW how many kids does each of the other ladies have.
    I believe Janelle and Christine each have 6 and Robyn has 4 (3 from her previous marriage) and Meri has 1.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I would guess that Kody gets the TLC check in his name. Since three of the wives aren't really married to him by laws of the state, which would be who they'd go to for help for food stamps and the like, they are considered to be single moms. The only problem I see with that is child support. Would the state not ask whether the father of all these kids is known and is he paying support, and if not, then why?

It will probably remain a mystery. But i would hate to be their accountant.

I agree with whoever said the women don't seem to want to be sister wives anymore. These women are not what I would call close. Everytime I happen to catch an episode, I always think how odd it is to hear their voices at the beginning of the show talking about how happy they are in their sister wife situation, and it just doesn't jive with the way they act, speak and look on the show. None but Kody seems happy to me, and Robin seems to be trying to hold them all together almost desperately at times.

eta: what happened to Truly? did she wind up with kidney failure from an infection of some kind? I missed the beginning of that episode and only caught the last part.
    Last edited by lilymax; 02-16-2014 at 04:18 PM.

I don't think they really know what caused Truely's kidney failure. I think they believe she had the flu and it was a factor. I have read that a doctor talked about it, but I must have missed that part.

I think that last night Kody finally told Meri to change her attitude. I actually agree with him. He told her to get a positive attitude instead of being so concerned about their lives after the celebration. She's so negative. And her daughter was saying the same thing her mom was saying....Negative nellies. I also noticed that Janelle's son, Hunter, is also quite negative. He seems to be the most disagreeable of all the kids.

Making their own dresses had to be scripted. It wouldn't have been that difficult to go buy a dress. I do think the dress maker has really tried though. Of course, Meri has to be the most difficult client ever. Christine's dress looks like she is playing Juliet in the play. lol
    In the previews, Robyns' dress looks odd, IMO.

Buying a modest formal long dress in plus size is not easy. Why didn't they go to Kleinfelds? Heck everyone goes there LOL
    AZChristian likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Buying a modest formal long dress in plus size is not easy. Why didn't they go to Kleinfelds? Heck everyone goes there LOL
    Shoot buying any formal dress in a plus size that doesn't not look like a tent with breasts is next to impossible.

IF they are going to buy formal wear then a two piece long skirt with jacket style top would look much better. At least you can kind of make it a tailor fit.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

buying what they consider a modest dress would be hardship. They want modest and ugly apparently too, lol
    AZChristian likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

You forgot wait until the last minute. It is not like they have known about this for a year.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread