+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 172 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4079943;
    There is a good deal of discussion of Utah's unique bigamy statute upthread.
    I know, I've been following this thread for awhile. I think nothing will happen, no arrest, no investigation... the show will go on as we count wife after wife......
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4080132;
    I know, I've been following this thread for awhile. I think nothing will happen, no arrest, no investigation... the show will go on as we count wife after wife......
    TLC has said they'll continue with the show even if he is incarcerated. Hey, they might even prefer that!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Kody & Co.'s church didn't support their choice to do Sister Wives, but they haven't been asked to leave the church.

'Sister Wives' -- Backlash in Polygamy Community | TMZ.com

We're told before Brown decided to do "Sister Wives," he went to his Utah church for its blessing, but the main man -- called the "community leader" -- would not give Kody the thumbs up, because the law squarely outlaws bigamy and the church didn't want the heat. The community leader told Kody to make the decision himself ... and Kody chose to be a TV star.

As for members of the church, we're told they're all down with polygamy but split on one of its families flaunting their lifestyle on TV. Some church members feel it's too risky -- the old waving-the-red-flag-in front-of-the-bull thing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

1 wife...the rest, breeders, no matter what they try to call them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4080519;
    1 wife...the rest, breeders, no matter what they try to call them.
    No I call them girlfriends! Mistresses!

FORT Fan

OK, I have made up my mind... I hate Kody. Today's episode, he was talking about getting the first wife pregnant while wife #3 was delivering her sixth baby. Oh, and he went home to get "her stuff" and had to see the girlfriend and kiss up on her before he went back to the hospital.

This guy has no class, no tact and is just a really self-involved man.

direct quotes, after his #1 wife asked about him imagining her with another man....
    "The vulgarity of the idea of you with another man, with another husband, with another lover... I just can't imagine it. it sickens me. It seems to go against God and nature."

If he can see that that is hypocritical (and he admits that it "seems" that way), then what is he doing?
    Last edited by barbh; 10-11-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by barbh;4081404;
    direct quotes, after his #1 wife asked about him imagining her with another man... "The vulgarity of the idea of you with another man, with another husband, with another lover... I just can't imagine it. it sickens me. It seems to go against God and nature."

If he can see that that is hypocritical (and he admits that it "seems" that way), then what is he doing?
    That conversation between Meri and Kody was very telling. It was surprisingly frank, and I was surprised that it was as open as it was, and that it was allowed to be shown to the public. I think it sums up the reality of much of what is going on in these polygamous marriages. Meri may be very familiar with the multiple-wives lifestyle, but she is being HURT by it. Her feelings are hurt, and I was glad that she was open enough to share it with Kody (and apparently this was not the first time that she has tried to tell him).

Kody's reaction was so interesting because after he talked about imagining her with another man, and the vulgarity of it, and how the thought of it sickened him --- it was as if for a split second, he ALMOST got that if she was doing what he is doing, that he would be very upset by it, and therefore she is justifiably upset by him being with other women. At that moment you could almost see him catching himself before he truly acknowledged that what he is doing IS vulger and unnatural, and more importantly, that whether these women "chose" this lifestyle or not, it still hurts them to experience their husband loving other women in the same way that he loves them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4081523;
    That conversation between Meri and Kody was very telling. It was surprisingly frank, and I was surprised that it was as open as it was, and that it was allowed to be shown to the public. I think it sums up the reality of much of what is going on in these polygamous marriages. Meri may be very familiar with the multiple-wives lifestyle, but she is being HURT by it. Her feelings are hurt, and I was glad that she was open enough to share it with Kody (and apparently this was not the first time that she has tried to tell him).
    I have to admit, his language was extreme, and it surprised me and actually made me happy. That he can claim her actions would be vulgar, while what he does is not is just amazing self-denial.

I don't usually get all judgmental, but this conversation between them just amazed me.

The conversation between Kody and Meri was strange to me. You mean to tell me this couple has been married for 20 years and they never had that particluar conversation? Ever? They wait until they are on a TV show to say all this stuff to each other? I found that kind of surreal and maybe scripted by TLC. This is a reality show and I don't completely trust how 'real' these shows are. And I can't get over the fact that Meri, who has jealousy issues, was the one who encouraged Kody to get together with wife #4. And now she's hurt and jealous. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4081883;
    The conversation between Kody and Meri was strange to me. You mean to tell me this couple has been married for 20 years and they never had that particluar conversation? Ever? They wait until they are on a TV show to say all this stuff to each other? I found that kind of surreal and maybe scripted by TLC. This is a reality show and I don't completely trust how 'real' these shows are. And I can't get over the fact that Meri, who has jealousy issues, was the one who encouraged Kody to get together with wife #4. And now she's hurt and jealous. I'm confused.
    I also think it is scripted. I mean really it took them all this time to have this conversation? I think if it were me, we would have discussed it MANY years ago!
    And as for the jealousy, do you not think that if you went into a polygamous marriage you would be SHARING your husband with other women?????

+ Reply to Thread