+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 165 FirstFirst ... 59109149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1644
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

They didn't have cushy jobs with TLC when they went bankrupt . . . like they have now.

Also, they didn't use a traditional bank. Their mortgage came from a company which specializes in high-risk customers. The month after TLC ends their contract, they'll be living on the streets of the cul-de-sac, not in those nice houses.

I don't know the answer, but I also don't 100% trust wiki. I guess I'll ask a Mormon

This particular wiki (which I don't always believe either) was pretty much copied straight from the LDS website.

I'm not sure about mortgages and bankruptcy, but I know people who have filed bankruptcy and within a year were getting all the credit they wanted. They get new cars, credit cards, apartments, etc. It never seemed to phase them. I don't get it, but I know, because I saw it with my own two eyes. Oh, the bankruptcy should come off their credit after 7 years.

The Browns getting the houses doesn't really bother me that much. Their sense of entitlement does. They would likely be paying a lot in rent for that kind of house per family anyway. I do question why the modular or mobile home idea wasn't explored. Probably wasn't good enough for them. It seems that would have been less expensive, however, I have heard that mobile home financing is VERY rare now. Banks won't finance them. Maybe modular homes are difficult to finance too. IMO, if you are as poor as they have claimed, you don't buy houses like theirs when you are barely employed. But, if they can cut it, that's fine with me.
    Punkin, momrek06 and causingchaos like this.

I am curious about their health ins.

Health Ins is pricey if you do not have it through an employer.

Do any of them work full time and have benefits to cover ALL the kids?

Truly's hospital stay had to have been costly.
    KAREN

I've always wondered about their health insurance. I guess Kody gets one plan and all his kids are covered under it. Most plans have the family plan for one price, no matter how many there are.

I have a question. I know that Robyn changed her last name to Brown, but what about Christine and Janelle? Did they change their last name to Brown too or do they have a different last name from Kody?

There is a lien against Robyn's house for a hospital bill in Las Vegas, probably one of the older kids . . . as her ex is also named in the lien. IDK about the "real" Brown kids, but Robyn's kids apparently had no insurance when they first moved to Vegas.

According to the bankruptcy records, all of the wives use Brown as their last name.

Okay. I guess they all changed their name to Brown and Meri became a Brown when she and Kody married.

I would think that Kody could not cover Robyn's kids on his insurance because they are not legally his step children.

Re: Bankrupcy I've known a bunch of people who have filed and were given credit afterwards. Now we're not talking like good interest rates or anything but most people I know with in a year were able to finance cars and some houses. I had an aquaintance who filed every 7 years like clock work because he just never learned. Kept getting home loans. He thought a good interest rate on a house was 15%.

As for health insurance we have to remember that all these children except the one between Kody and Meri are of single parent families. I don't know what their income. I'm going to assume other than the house they live in they have very few assets like bank accounts. The women are technically not employed. With some creative accounting from their show income I'd be surprised if all the kids didn't qualify for state health care assistance.

But I also recall at the time Robyn was pregnant I think they were going to the free clinic which was also an LDS clinic and I swear during that period of time there was some discussion on the show about how they were not insured and used that free clinic basically for everything.

I recall when Robin was pregnant. I had forgotten about the free clinic though.

I don't know how the women would be able to not claim their income from TLC though.

+ Reply to Thread