+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

They may be tired of each other, but the problem with them splitting is that their future for eternity is all tied to Kody. Their link to the afterlife is with their husband and children. Of course, I've never figured out how all that works when you are divorced and have kids from a new forever husband. I guess they could get unsealed from Kody, but that would mean they would have to find another husband to get them a spot in the celestrial kingdom. I'm not being silly. I do think this is their faith and it is a big part of the decisions they make.
    momrek06 and causingchaos like this.

All very good points, Debb and no I don't think you are silly at all!
    Was Robyn in a plural marriage before marrying Kody? If so, I am wondering if she had to get 'unsealed' from her former husband?

Now tonight.
    My thoughts are that I feel this show should have not been a televised show. The loss of Kody's brother and father and honoring them was very special but I feel they should have chosen to keep it just for themselves and not a TV viewing audience.

Now I am so sure Meri's former employer has to realize at THIS point that she is a polygamist after all it's like Season 5 for the show. I am sure the former employer has probably seen an epi or two. Oops and lying to her who pregnant Christine was!!! Hmm! Why even take Christine to her office if the Brown's did not want to be 'found out'??? Hmm!

TRUELY IS A DOLL!

I think this was the first time in a longgggggggg time that Janelle sat next to Kody on the couch! Every week it seems to be Robyn and Christine!
    KAREN

I thought this episode about the deaths of Kody's brother and father was very touching. Everyone seemed to be really hit hard.

I tried to follow the story of how Janelle married Kody just months after Janelle's mother married Kody's father as Wife no. 2. Anyone know if there were any other wives to Kody's dad?

And then Kody's mom is named Gienelle (sp?) or something like that, which is similar to Janelle........very interesting.

I was a little shocked when Janelle talked about arguing with Kody's dad and her telling him to go to hell and him making a smart remark back.......hmmmm......I didn't know they talked like that.

I think there are differences in the beliefs, to some extent, of the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints which I'll called regular Mormons, and the type of Mormons the Browns are. They go by polygamists, but that's not technically their religious faith. Are they Fundamental Mormons? It seems like that is what the Warren Jeffs group is. Oh well, maybe I need to read their book to figure this all out.

I'm pretty sure women and men who are single in this life aren't believed to be left out of heaven/celestial kingdom by regular LDS, not sure what these people believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I'm pretty sure women and men who are single in this life aren't believed to be left out of heaven/celestial kingdom by regular LDS, not sure what these people believe.
    I used to think that too, but I later read that your degree of status in the celestial kingdom is determined by certain factors and marital status and children do count. I'm no expert, but I was shocked when I read this. I'll see if I can find a link.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

According to the Mormon "wiki" . . . (bolding added)

According to revelation from the Lord, only those who have been married and sealed in the temple (whether in this life or vicariously or during the Millenium) can attain the very highest realm of the Celestial Kingdom. In agreement with the Apostle Paul's teaching that "neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:11), Mormonism teaches that marriage is not only divinely instituted, but eternally necessary and significant. Neither a man nor a woman can attain the fullest exaltation by themselves. Mormonism also teaches that since not all people have the opportunity to marry in this life, opportunity will be given them during Christ's millennial reign after His Second Coming. Additionally, Mormonism teaches that only those in the highest realm of the Celestial Kingdom will remain married and be able to form an eternal family. These are those who have made eternal marriage covenants on earth, rather than covenants that cease with death.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks for the information.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I must say, though. If I was Joseph Smith and an angel gave me gold plates with all these revelations on them, I'd be real sure not to lose them. SMH
    Punkin and snappymilo like this.

Two religions invented right here in the U.S. of A., Mormonism and Scientology.
    elleprn likes this.

FORT Newbie

Re: Sister Wives - Obtaining Mortgages after filing Bankruptcy

How is it that three out of four have filed bankruptcy and were eligible for a $400k mortgage?? Normal people are not eligible. Why are they the exception?

+ Reply to Thread