+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

a few weeks back they are speaking about money for college and the kids....then 3-4 weeks later Mariah gets a CAR and COLLEGE....they must of gotten an advance of their pay or something....LOL

then they got to out on the town for a week(?) to get new dresses for the ceremony?

Kody wants a tree of life cake -- and if the cost was 8,500 to feed 500 people...I would love to know how much they cut that price tag down to? I cannot wait to see this cake!!

I am just in awe of how they all whine and cry about money and yet they (the adults) are spending like crazy....

Glad Truely is better and hopefully she is getting every day!

Why would they need a cake to feed 500 people? If you recall the wedding reception for Kody and Robyn, there appeared to only be under 100 people for that.

Maybe they're just running to the doughnut shop............. I also believe that Janelle is the brightest of the bunch, and she is the money train. This show is now becoming unwatchable. Kody is the sleeziest male I think I've ever seen. The dress shopping was laughable. Having Robin try on different styles so they could get an idea of what they would like. San Francisco is my Mecca for shopping and having them act like they were disappointed in the "selection" was ridiculous. They should have just gone to Omar the tent maker in Las Vegas, problem solved.
    AZChristian and lilymax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Why would they need a cake to feed 500 people? If you recall the wedding reception for Kody and Robyn, there appeared to only be under 100 people for that.
    I was shocked when the cake designer provided them with the price of $8,500 and that it would feed 500 people...at least that is what I heard...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

That's an outrageous price . . . even in Vegas. The bakery owner must be trying to really stick it to TLC. Why don't they just have the guy from Cake Boss do it as a crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    That's an outrageous price . . . even in Vegas. The bakery owner must be trying to really stick it to TLC. Why don't they just have the guy from Cake Boss do it as a crossover?
    because his prices would even be more outrageous!!!! my younger sister tried to order a simple birthday cake for my niece (they live in Jersey) she wanted it with ballerina slippers and fed like 15-20 people....he wanted over $250 for a cake like that.
    momrek06 and causingchaos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    because his prices would even be more outrageous!!!! my younger sister tried to order a simple birthday cake for my niece (they live in Jersey) she wanted it with ballerina slippers and fed like 15-20 people....he wanted over $250 for a cake like that.
    We had a high rise in Hoboken as my DH worked in NYC.

We lived one street away from Washington Street where Carlos' Bakery is located!

And this was before Cake Boss was even ever on.

YES, Carlos' prices were crazy BEFORE CB I can just imagine they would be even higher now with the demand from the show.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

But if it's a TLC crossover, they'd write it off as advertising. (Surely you don't think Khate Gosselin paid for the dress from Kleinfeld's for the vow renewal the year before the divorce.)

:-)

I just watched the most recent episode. I found it over the top disturbing. Kody states tha Truely had a "little bit" of the flu. That's like being a little bit pregnant. He should have had a close eye on her at all times. This is the result of expecting the older children to watch over the younger ones. Truely is alive in spite of these ass clowns. I've seen people of all ages admitted to our ER in better shape than Truely, and they didn't make it. These people are self absorbed and oh so stupid. Get them off TV and let them raise that family that is a result of multiplying love, not dividing it!

Even after Christine returned home, Truely continued to be ill, so it wasn't just Kody who missed it. Even Christine didn't think it was that serious until she went cross eyed. I don't get it, but I won't second guess their inability to see it in the early stages. I just never got why they thought it was the flu when she never had a fever or chills. What about that says flu? That says unexplained illness that needs to be checked out pronto, IMO.

I'm still surprised at how disconnected the other wives were. At least Robyn did show some concern. Did you notice that Janelle, who I normally like, made a comment about knowing Christine for a long time. She said it like she was referring to a neighbor or church friend. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Christine raise Janelle's kids for Janelle to work? I would think that would bring you very close together. I just didn't see it during this time of crisis. I hope for their sake there was real concern and support and it was left on the cutting room floor. Maybe we just didn't see it. If not, then they really are some hardened women.

And when Meri was telling Kody that it would be okay if he stayed with Truely and didn't go with them on the college trip, I wished he would have said," Of course I 'm not leaving my sick child to accompany you and Mariah to her college dorm. That's a no brainer."
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-29-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    momrek06 and elleprn like this.

+ Reply to Thread