+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

This show got to me too!m I was surprised that Meri showed how selfish she was...I "think" a sick child "trumps" a college going away....and Cody "should" stay to see about Trulie,...not go on the college drop off?! Really? How thoughtful for Meri to give her permission to Dweeb to stay and be with Trulie-altho' he didn't seem to stay at the hospital much. Maybe the sisterwives know this about him...that he can't handle the heat in the kitchen!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The only heat he seems interested in is in the bedrooms.
    nennie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The only heat he seems interested in is in the bedrooms.
    As long as it is Robyn's
    nennie and AZChristian like this.
    There's no place like home!

I'm not sure if the producers sat it up that way, but I thought it was odd to see Christine at the doctor with Truely while Kody is off buying Mariah a car and then napping...what? The child had been sick for 5 days. I don't want to judge, but when a child is not acting right and is just lying still day after day, you get them to a doctor. Plus, she wasn't eating or drinking.

They said Truely had the flu that led to the dehydration and kidney shutdown. I've never heard of having the flu, but no fever, no chills, etc.

Sorry, Meri that Truely being in critical condition put a damper on Mariah's going to college party and trip. And although Meri told Kody it was okay for him to stay behind, it was like she didn't really mean it. I think that if Kody said, No, I'll come along, she would have jumped on it. She honestly didn't seem to have any real concern for the child or appreciation of the situation. Robin did and Janelle did a little, but I didn't see the kind of concern I would have had. I think I showed more emotion in my living room last night, that Meri did. It's pathetic.

It's odd how Meri can cry and cry about anything from a wet bar to a good seat in an auditorium, but the life of her sister wife's daughter leaves her blank faced. And when Kody was describing Truely's condition she continued to wipe down the stove top like she was getting a report on the weather.

I bet they paid for Mariah to have a private dorm room. Did you see how crowded it was with the bunk beds? I bet Mariah needed more room than that.
    I don't know they could have stuffed all Mariah's belongings into that room with another girl's things too.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-27-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Meri really makes me sick she is so selfish and had no feelings what so ever about truly did she even go to the hospital.

I wonder if Meri really knows what a poor light this show is putting her in. Maybe she is just that selfish.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I wonder if Meri really knows what a poor light this show is putting her in. Maybe she is just that selfish.
    I often see comments online about "it's just the editing." I have always maintained that it's hard to edit comments that were never made. Production crews go for the easy edit . . . Meri doesn't very nice, or warm, or fuzzy . . . so they just shoot the real Meri and that's what we see.

Kody - comes across as a buffoon.
    Christine - comes across as a bit of an airhead who likes to make easy choices.
    Janelle - seems to have a brain, but would rather ride the money train until it runs off the rails.
    Robyn - seems to be the smartest one of the bunch, in a wily "this is where the money is - for now" way.

Hmmmmmmmm......I'm not so sure about Robyn being the smartest one in the bunch. She didn't seem to understand why all the wives and Kody didn't want to put all their time and energy into a business that made them little if no money.

Did I miss something? Did they ever say where they got the money to send Mariah to Westminster? When Meri talked about how excited Mariah was about going, it made me a little ill. Especially as Aspyn was at home doing laundry for Christine's household and crying her eyes out over her sick little sister. Granted, there was nothing Mariah could have done to help Truely in her condition, but showing them being lighthearted wasn't a good idea, IMO. It was obvious that Meri was more interested in this being a great experience for Mariah, rather than the well being of Truely.

Notice I said "in a wily way" . . . honestly, if she were REALLY smart, she'd never have moved into that mess. But she sees only today. She has a big house, a man who ignores his other responsibilities to cater to her, and people who help her throw away money on her stupid ideas.

Wily.

I just watched about 5 minutes of the San Fran shopping trip. Really . . . they have LOTS of clothing stores in Las Vegas with less-ugly clothes than they were trying on. And if they REALLY wanted modest formalwear, they should have gone to Salt Lake City.

Yeah, that shopping trip to San Francisco was a total waste. If they really wanted to bond, the location wouldn't have mattered. Just go someone closer. As far as the clothes go....I haven't been impressed with their taste in fashion. I hope they get some help. I hope they understand that a full figured lady normally needs a structured fabric, not some flimsy thin stuff.

I was surprised to see that Meri seems to be the largest of the wives in last night's episode. Even Janelle appeared smaller than she did. Mariah was almost as large as her mom. It's difficult to believe that they get up and run every morning as Meri has reported.

+ Reply to Thread