+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

And she has poor self esteem. You live with someone who thinks you're disgusting it's hard not to think that about yourself. I'm sure on some level she's thinking if she leaves him who else is really going to want her. That's a huge scary thought for many women.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Lol not me not even for sex. Men are almost as moody as women. I would be under the jail for murder lol
    I've done it with men and women. It's taxing emotionally and hard work but for some people it's a lifestyle that just fits for them.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I have a slightly different take on Meri. I agree with all of you, but I also liked Meri very much at the beginning of Season 1 when she was a full time (?) working professional. She really seemed to have her act together then, and was much more self-confident, and less of a poor-me victim.

Now that Mariah has left the nest and Meri has had more than enough time to feel sorry for herself, I would LOVE to see her pull herself up by her bootstraps and go out and get a really interesting job - one that totally re-energizes her. I think a lot of her 'stuff' would fall by the wayside, and she would get a whole new lease on life. Sort of a second chance for a new start. (I keep trying to TELL HER this through the tv screen, but she doesn't seem to hear me!)
    candor, nanarama and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I have a slightly different take on Meri. I agree with all of you, but I also liked Meri very much at the beginning of Season 1 when she was a full time (?) working professional. She really seemed to have her act together then, and was much more self-confident, and less of a poor-me victim.

Now that Mariah has left the nest and Meri has had more than enough time to feel sorry for herself, I would LOVE to see her pull herself up by her bootstraps and go out and get a really interesting job - one that totally re-energizes her. I think a lot of her 'stuff' would fall by the wayside, and she would get a whole new lease on life. Sort of a second chance for a new start. (I keep trying to TELL HER this through the tv screen, but she doesn't seem to hear me!)
    I don't think it's just Mariah's leaving that has her in the emotional state she's in. She kept dangling the carrot in front of Kody (the possibility of fertility treatments so she could get pregnant). By the time she agreed to it (when SHE wanted to), he had a hot new wife with whom he could procreate the old-fashioned way, and probably decided that Meri wasn't worth the effort. This is a woman who was used to bossing around one husband and two sisterwives. Then Robyn shows up, and the husband is not responding to her authority the way he used to.

There's no reason she shouldn't get a REAL job and help pay some of the family's expenses now that she has no children at home. Once TLC pulls the plug (probably sooner rather than later), their tacky jewelry and green goo is not going to pay the mortgages on four houses, along with all the college expenses for the brood.

IMO, they're 14 minutes and 45 seconds into their 15 minutes of fame. Tick, tick, tick.
    libgirl2 and nennie like this.

My impressions from last night.

I would be VERY ticked off at Robyn for getting me an X-large t-shirt when I really need a 2X. That was Robyn being mean or the producers trying to manipulate the script.

And why would Janelle want to run a 5K when she hasn't trained to run the 5K? She seemed okay with just walking most of it. That's good too.

I loved how Meri was so busy filling orders for Sister Wive's Closet that she couldn't take a few hours on Saturday morning to attend!!!!!!! lol

And Robyn has a back injury? Hmm....at least she showed up for support.

I felt kind of sad for the teen daughters. "Daddy, have any young men wanted to court us?" Kody, "No, but you're only 18."

I can't wait to see the dresses they have made. They don't have the best taste. It'll be interesting.

I was shocked that all except for Robyn tasted beer! It didn't seem to be their first time, IMO. That was surprising.

When the wives were sitting around the dinner table, all taking their turn to speak with Kody on the phone and all were so uncomfortable and out of sorts about the other ladies talking to him, it hit me that these women are really messed up. Why would you be freaked out about taking to your husband on the phone in front of the other wives? They all have kids with the guy. They live next door to each other. They do group activities together. They are on national tv together talking all the time. So why freak out over talking on the phone? So bizarre. That was the most ridiculous thing I think they have ever said. lol They need to get a grip.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-20-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Robyn could be pregnant. I think that's the only reason she didn't taste the beer. Plus, she looked pregnant in a couple of the dresses she tried on. Robyn is very slim and a bit of a tummy shows up quickly on a woman with that kind of build.

Happy Janelle made it to the finish line of the race. It doesn't matter how she did it. YAY for her. I give her sooooo much credit.

These women get along a well as can be expected, I guess. However, their jealousy rears its ugly head when they hear/witness anything personal between Kody and another wife. That's why the phone conversation(s) at the dinner table were so awkward. It's pure human nature for them to feel that way no matter how much they pretend it isn't so. I could never do it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I think that all the wives are in different stages of their life with Kody.

When my youngest left for college, DH & I choose that time to travel all over the USA. Yes, we loved being empty nesters.
    (My kiddos are now out of college, gainfully employed, completely on their own, both engaged with weddings pending).
    DH travels allot for work and for so many years I was home taking total care of the kiddos.
    Now that is done, we are off together either on vacation or traveling to where he is working. We love it.

Mariah is gone. Off to college. Meri and Kody are empty nesters BUT that being said Kody still has 15 other children home (Logan and Aspyn are in college) and he has NO business
    going off on vacation after vacation with Meri.

Meri has been (to me) depressed this whole season. She is not happy about anything. She basically voices it in every episode.

So ya, while Robyn could be pregnant, Kody is still fathering children and Meri is lonely, IMHO.
    KAREN

I have this pet peeve about being able to take care of your children. I developed it watching 19 Kids and Counting. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar can't do it either. I think that if you as a parent cannot take care of your own kids WITHOUT others like siblings helping you, you have too many kids. Stop.

Last night Kody said he was able to care for them all with the help of the older daughters. It's okay for siblings to help out with babysitting at times, but it shouldn't be required so you can care for your kids, IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-20-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    tinderbox, elleprn and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have this pet peeve about being able to take care of your children. I developed it watching 19 Kids and Counting. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar can't do it either. I think that if you as a parent cannot take care of your own kids WITHOUT others like siblings helping you, you have too many kids. Stop.

Last night Kody said he was able to care for them all with the help of the older daughters. It's okay for siblings to help out with babysitting at times, but it shouldn't be required so you can care for your kids, IMO.
    ITA with you about this. I have always been really angry at the Duggar "parents", who depend on the older girls to do almost all of the work in that household. I don't believe they could ever do it themselves; yet they continue to actively pursue having more kids. Those two are nuts if you ask me.

Not sure about the Browns but I certainly hope they don't start relying more and more on their other children to raise the younger ones. If they ever resemble the Duggars too much I won't be able to watch at all, and I can hardly watch now out of sheer boredom.

These people just aren't very interesting. Weird, yes, but not interesting.

With all the discussion about Meri, I remember more and more about some of the early shows, and she was a totally different person when she was working. She is miserable now and it's not hard to see. Back then, I remember talk that she had actually chosen one or more of Kody's subsequent wives and was happy to have them join the family. Yet it would seem now she can't stand these sister wives of hers, which she used to say she wanted so much to have.

I wish they would stop having children. Kody Brown does not need any more children. He has gone forth and populated the earth, now it's time for him to raise the kids he has and try to work things out with his wives...he chose it and now he needs to live it. I suppose he can't help how he feels, but one of the things which seems obvious to me is that he needs to be more sensitive to the three wives who came before Robin. He makes his preference for Robin too obvious, or maybe I'm zoning in on the fact he's trying to make it NOT seem obvious to them.

Ok I think I cried through most of this episode. Having had a child hospitalized at age 1 and again at age 2 for illness, wow I felt all that pain Christine and Kody were going through.

Meri showed absolutely NO emotion when Kody called and said Truely appears to have a problem with her kidneys and he would be staying at the hospital with Christine. No emotion at all. Then she turns around and says that Truely getting sick has put a damper on the evening (Mariah's party). Meri, you disgust me.

Did anyone notice that the washer and dryer at Meri's house was a set of the HE machines. And then we see Aspyn doing the laundry at Christine's and she has a set of Sears standard machines. Hmmm.

Well I am sure happy that Truely is ok. What a doll when she was talking to the camera herself about princess party.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread