+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I'd be crazy negative if I was her too. I mean really Kody has openly said he basically never found her attractive and went as far as to say he was disgusted by her at one point. Then he hauls in the young pretty wife. Again in the context of the non-monogamous relationship she has essentially been replaced by someone he actually wanted and Kody's lack of skill meeting the women's needs shows.

He's not holding her hostage there. I mean she can leave if she has the guts to do so. Why be so passive aggressive when you willingly walked into that kind of relationship? It's not Robyn's fault she is unhappy it's her own fault.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    He's not holding her hostage there. I mean she can leave if she has the guts to do so. Why be so passive aggressive when you willingly walked into that kind of relationship? It's not Robyn's fault she is unhappy it's her own fault.
    Because one in a hyper-religious sect does not just simply leave a marriage.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Plus she has 6 kids with no work experience, a huge house with HER name on the mortgage, and her only source of income is apparently held by him. Two episodes ago, she was negotiating with him for more grocery money. The lady is between a rock and a hard place.
    causingchaos likes this.

There is no doubt in my mind that any money the wives receive from TLC go directly to Kody and he decides how to divvy it out.
    There's no place like home!

I'm so thankful I never found myself in their situations. Cody doesn't know enough to lead himself and yet is in charge of 4 families. I always thought it should be all for one and one for all-at leat that's what I taught my 3 sons. Too bad Cody isn't like that!!

I'm in a minority, but except for Meri, I generally like these people. They're such a refreshing change from a lot of TV programming, which casts shallow, vulgar people just for conflict. I don't think Cody's a bad guy. I think he's an optimist, which tends to cloud his judgment. Janelle's a good counterbalance to that, because she's a pragmatist. Out of all of them, they seem to make the best personality fit -- more like business partners than mates.

Meri has a victim mentality, kind of like Taylor in RHOBH. As was posted upthread, she'd never have a kid because she's lose her status as the family's victim/martyr.

Causingchaos, I'm curious what the benefits are of having multiple partners. It seems exponentially more complicated and fraught with conflict, with little upside. I had the same impression watching that Showtime series on polyamory. Just curious.
    Imperfect1 and nanarama like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Candor,
    I agree with you on some points. I don't detest the family members, in fact, I rather like most except for Meri and her daughter. I do question their reasoning at times, thus my comments on this thread. lol

I've never disliked Kody, except the season where he totally put Christine down, said he was not attracted to her, etc. It was just mean stuff that wasn't necessary. I think he cuts her down a little too much. In general he does have a fun personality, IMO. I do think he's a bit of a ham for attention and do think he isn't realistic with his resources. It's rather odd to me to be thinking about more children when in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Candor,
    I agree with you on some points. I don't detest the family members, in fact, I rather like most except for Meri and her daughter. I do question their reasoning at times, thus my comments on this thread. lol

I've never disliked Kody, except the season where he totally put Christine down, said he was not attracted to her, etc. It was just mean stuff that wasn't necessary. I think he cuts her down a little too much. In general he does have a fun personality, IMO. I do think he's a bit of a ham for attention and do think he isn't realistic with his resources. It's rather odd to me to be thinking about more children when in his situation.
    me three I only dislike Christine. Everyone else I have little to no issues with except for their financial ignorance!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

How many of us ladies would even consider being in a polygamous relationship with four husbands? Hell, NO! Only men are stupid enough to take on this kind of crazy! One on one relationships are challenging enough (although mine is perfect.) :>) No wonder there are no longer any religions that espouse Matrilinial societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    How many of us ladies would even consider being in a polygamous relationship with four husbands? Hell, NO! Only men are stupid enough to take on this kind of crazy! One on one relationships are challenging enough (although mine is perfect.) :>) No wonder there are no longer any religions that espouse Matrilinial societies.
    Lol not me not even for sex. Men are almost as moody as women. I would be under the jail for murder lol
    Punkin likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread