+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree628Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Captain, if you read the Brown's Facebook page, you'll be surprised at how many devoted followers they have. And most of them aren't rich. ("I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV your jewelry, and as soon as my next welfare check comes, I'm going to start putting money aside every month to buy something.") Combine gullible with poor and offer a get-rich-quick scheme which will allow you to meet CELEBRITIES, and there are plenty of sheep to fleece.

Someone on our discussion board went to one of the open house presentations at Meri's house. She confirmed that most of the people were there to meet the Browns, and signed up right away to continue their "relationship" with their new BFFs.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 01-10-2014 at 10:32 AM.

I just don't understand the public's attraction to these people. I only watched one episode, the last one with the MILs, and only because I couldn't sleep and it was on in the early morning after Breaking the Faith, which I find very interesting. That show is about girls running from an FLDS cult and their deprogramming. I've only been reading this thread for a month or so and have no opinion about the sister wives except for what I learn here, but I have long felt, from watching the commercials, that Cody is an unattractive slimeball.

But then, I don't understand my own attraction to watching the housewives either. So, there's that.

A lot of us "regulars" are finding the new season boring, Punkin. So you are not alone. And most of us would agree with your description of Kody.

I've not gotten into the housewives franchise . . . but I don't judge those who enjoy it. :-)
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Maybe it is because I live in the central states, that I cannot imagine anyone making $150,000.00 a year selling crap in a pyramid scheme. Unless the person is at the very top.
    I'm not saying he does make that much, but sometimes in sales, you can do quite well.

And I know some people with a high school diploma, who have great incomes. They went to work some years ago with large companies. And even though they do not have a degree in engineering or computer science, they are invaluable to their employers and they make almost $100,000.00 per year. Granted they have been there a long time.

Also, I know mechanics who make VERY good incomes. I even knew one who did NOT graduate from high school, but it made very good money because he was an excellent mechanic for a dealership.

I wonder what the Browns say when people hear the speech about the energy, fitness products and ask them, "Hey, how's it working for your?" lol
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder what the Browns say when people hear the speech about the energy, fitness products and ask them, "Hey, how's it working for your?" lol
    They SAY, "Do as I say, not as I do."

They THINK, "Do you really think I'd put this crap into my body?????"
    captain likes this.

I read on here (but then again it may have been elsewhere) that someone posted they thought Meri's drama tonight was that Kody was late to graduation.....well yeah for Kody he was there and actually early. But in the usual Brown style, drama ensued when Meri realized the seats at the graduation for Mariah and Aspyn were not good for viewing. But I have to say I would have never selected the balcony seats for my kiddo's h.s. grad. (College yes not h.s.) I am glad she moved BUT why CRY about it and HUFF off, Meri??? Just stand up and find a seat you will be happy with. GAWD.

I loved Christine tonight! I just thought she was very entertaining! NOT one tear was shed by her! Her flash mob dance was great! She certainly loves a party!

Janelle was her usual quiet self. I thought she looked very pretty tonight! Her hair was not that fake died yellow it looked (to me) much softer.

What was that convo with Robyn and Kody when Meri wanted to change seats? Is Robyn now the family counselor? Telling Kody to just love her and love everyone??? Huh???

So everyone, what do you think, did Mystic Mona get her predictions right? Will there be a 5th wife?
    KAREN

If they do, I hope she has a full time job!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think that the mystic lady was hired by TLC to create some entertainment for the party.

I think the party was sweet, but it seemed rather odd to me. Do you suppose that the girls had other friends who didn't attend? Do they not have any male friends?

It's also odd how Aspen and Mariah were raised up so close, but they are so different. Too bad that Mariah took on so many of her mom's traits.

The behavior of Meri at the graduation was so pathetic. Something is really wrong with that woman. It's all about herself. She has no regard for what she's putting other people through. Did she stop to think that a family gatherings the other mothers and the kids are there to enjoy themselves too and to have good memories, but for Meri, she is oblivious to this fact. She creates a huge scene, get's everyone worked up so the main thing they will remember about the ceremony is Meri having a break down. Same at Christmas. She's a huge baby.

I compare it to living around an alcoholic. You never know when they are going to go off and ruin the special occasion. You have to always cater to them so they don't freak out. She's a manipulator that way. It's not fair to subject the kids to her theatrics. I hope Robyn explains that to her.

I never knew Aspen ran Christine's househould. So what's Christine been doing?
    AZChristian likes this.

I look at Meri more in the context of the poly relationship and her relationship to that relationship when I look at her reactions. She has essentially been relegated to a back burner in the relationship. She is useless and not worth a whole lot since she can't procreate any more. She's old. There's not a single thing in that group relationship that makes her even a little bit special. She's used up and an after thought. A more skilled person than Kody would be more attentive to the various needs of his wives but from what I can tell he likes his hot wife and making babies with who ever is available. This relationship is a shrine to his ego and he has little actual concern for the well being of the wives (witnessed by some comments regarding Christine at one point).

Taken in the context of a sick relationship Meri isn't a bad person just reacting badly to a bad situation. I don't know. In my experience with non-monogamous relationship they're extremely emotionally taxing. There's not a thing that is easy about them. And mix it up with someone like Kody and I think most women would likely start having similar reactions to their external environment. You sit around and watch every one else getting attention, love whatever and there you are stuck with the left overs unless you become the brat and stand up for yourself which comes off bad in that context. But it's hard as an outside observer into their own special brand of relationship to really know all the stuff that goes on psychologically and emotionally and hard to understand how that is displayed and why.

I don't see any of these women as bad women. I see them woefully unprepared for the life they've chosen and stuck with a doof who doesn't know or care what he's doing. And none of them are spring chickens. None of them are really marketable to another husband. I mean this is kind of it for them.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

I could only imagine Robyn's reaction if another wife comes to be.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread