+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I do recall there was a real issue with Meri and janelle when they shared a kitchen. I think Meri is closer to Robyn because they feel the other two only put up with them? Christine comes off to me as way passive aggressive at times and I like her the least.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Body language on the most recent episode was interesting. While the women were together for a "couch interview," Meri was sobbing because her only child was about to leave home. The others looked like the only thing they were thinking about was "Hmmmm . . . I need to trim my toenails and then make a manicure appointment." There was no sympathy being shown for Meri. If you look up passive/aggressive in the dictionary, you'll probably see her picture.

And, if you look up buffoon, there's Kody!
    momrek06 and tinderbox like this.

man these chicks are cooler then the polar vortex that came through. they are all trying to make it seem like they are buddy-buddy but I am not buying any of it!
    tinderbox and AZChristian like this.

I must have missed that the ladies are trying to make it seem they are buddy buddy. Granted, Meri made some touching, tear filled comments about how the other wives had been good to her daughter, but, IMO, the show focused on how they don't get along. The wives' mothers have commented on it. The trainer friend of Kody's and his old friend mentioned it. And recall the female friend who is married to Kody's old friend questioned as to why the wives would be so petty as to be bothered if Kody showed any affection to the other wives. Even Kody talks about their lack of a good relationship. I just thought they had given up the act.

And recall when they showed them at the counseling resort? I think only Robyn felt comfortable. And someone please remind me what the ladies said when Kody was trying to get them to commit to staying together as a family if he died. Didn't they balk at that?

They are planning the commitment ceremony, but only Kody seems to be into it.

I wonder how many of them would go looking for another plural relationship if something happened to Kody.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I wonder how many of them would go looking for another plural relationship if something happened to Kody.
    IMHO . . . 0

Meri has to be the queen bee, but she's too old to start over as a first wife. Janelle is tired of footing the bill for all those people who don't have real jobs. Christine has learned that she can't control whether she maintains her ideal level (3rd wife, with no 4th). There aren't enough rich plygs around who would be another financial step up for Robyn, and she won't ever voluntarily have less.
    causingchaos and nennie like this.

There reallly isn't any reason that Meri isn't working full time, IMO. In light of their financial woes, I would think she would want to. And the fact her daughter wants to attend a very expensive school. What's her excuse? If money is no issue, I get it, but when you are in dire need of funds and just last season they spoke of worry of not having grocery money.

Did you notice how Meri picked Westminster colors to make Mariah's graduation quilt. So unfair. What if she doesn't go there and she's at a school with different colors. It'll just remind her of what she doesn't have.

And why can't Christine and Robin work too and trade off on child care? They could switch times or days and keep the other one's children while the other one works. Most of their kids are in school most of the day anyway. It's just two not in school right? It could work if they wanted it to work.

They couldn't film this crazy tv show if they worked and IMO I think they want the $$$$'s to come easy.
    dreamonia likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

They all claim to work on "My Sisterwife's Closet." Meri often tweets that she's working on a backlog of orders (I think 3 constitutes a backlog for them), and Robyn (when she's not getting a mani/pedi) professes to be doing marketing, etc. Christine has always been the stay-at-home mom who took care of all the kids.

The reason these folks were so broke before the show was because they think the world revolves around them, but the world didn't get the message.
    causingchaos and nennie like this.

The only one of the group who has ever seemed remotely able to manage money and understands the importance of it is Janelle.
    tinderbox and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread