+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have read there has always been tension among the wives, but I think it became worse when Robyn came along.
    They freely admit to tension in their book. Generally speaking it really doesn't look like they ever were cohesive really as one giant happy family. And even some of their 1:1 relationships with Kody seemed generally always strained. It just never made sense to me why they keep adding children or wives to something that just wasn't really working.

I noticed in the previews:

Click to see Spoiler:
    It appeared there was a scene in the future where Mariah is graduating from high school and Kody is late. TLC must be running out of ideas. They must have forgotten that Robyn was late for Logan's graduation and Matt Roloff from Little People Big World was late for his kids' graduation too. lol So lame.

There was definitely a change in the relationships between the women with the addition of Robin. I noticed it back in the beginning days of the show. At the first it seemed to me that they did have rather peaceful relationships for the most part, but that quickly went downhill when Robin became involved.

I suppose some of the earlier harmony was acting for the sake of the show, but some of the closeness did seem real to me. Now they are just a big mess of people who don't really belong together, except for the kids. The poor, poor kids. Aren't they always the ones to suffer somehow?

What is this with Meri and her daughter and school? Did I hear correctly that she somehow gets an equal share of money to run her household even though there are only two people in her little world? And is somebody suggesting that each other wife sacrifice some of her money as well so that PlygBrat can go to the expensive college of her choice? I must be hearing things!

What a complete and utter clusterf*ck!

I wonder how in the world they are even going to afford to send all their college age kids to college at once, even to a state school. How can they do that AND run their own households with only Kody and Janelle working. Even with the TLC income, it just seems impossible. Including Logan, I think there will be 5 in college now or in the next year, including Mariah! And Hunter is right on their heels turning 18 in 2014.

Sister Wives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lists the ages of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I have read there has always been tension among the wives, but I think it became worse when Robyn came along.
    I believe there have always been issues between wife #1 (Meri) and wife #2 (Janelle). Wife #3 (Christine) joined the family, was the stay at home mom, had a bunch of kids, and she happily took on her position as the "newest" wife in the family.

Then came wife #4...Robyn. Immediately, all hell broke loose with wife #3 (Christine) because she was suddenly replaced as the youngest, prettiest, newest etc. wife. Because of that, I believe Christine is the wife who has the biggest issues with Robyn. She's out of her mind jealous of Kody's relationship with his brand new wife. Christine's world isn't what it once was because her position in the family has changed....big time.

Meri has befriended Robyn (I think she knew her before she began dating Kody) but I think she's the only wife who actually has. Janelle takes ALL the other wives with a giant grain of salt.

I think Kody does prefer wife #4 (Robyn) and I only watch the stupid show. I can't imagine living it! Just look at the gifts he buys for her compared to the other wives. It's so darn obvious! (Not monetary differences but his thought process in selecting the items.)

I agree with you tinderbox. Christine has that whole issue with being replaced especially by someone who looks like Robyn and then rubbing salt into the wound with all that coming out that Kody had periods of time where he wasn't particularly attracted to her either.

Janelle I think could take or leave the family too. She has had periods where she wasn't really involved with the family at all and I always had the impression she wasn't particularly interested in the other wives. I think she does get annoyed because she is the only one in the entire family that has any concept of money management. And I think she is most capable of walking off and supporting herself if needed whereas someone like Christine is emotionally and financially attached at the hip to this mess.

Meri I've never particularly minded like so many people here do. I thinks he hopped on this crazy train and she has had to deal with a series of wives she can't really get along with other than Robyn. I just don't think she is that social butterfly sort of person. But I think Meri and Janelle are kind of on the same page of this is just how he is even though they don't even particularly get along either.

As for the college stuff I just can't see anyone even the family getting worked up about this. Unfortunately because Meri is actually married to Kody they have a family income to deal with for financial aid situations. But even public schools no normal person in the middle or lower class can afford to go full time and pay outright for it. There will be financial aid involved somewhere. I went to a private school coming from a poor family for undergrad and then a public school for graduate school. The private school offered a stank load more funding options in grants and such than any area public school (absolutely no grants). It dropped the price of it well below the price of public school. The cost of college is shocking in general. Public school is not an affordable option either. But reality is if that's where she wants to go she can do like the majority of other college students do and start signing up for loans. She shouldn't be relegated to any category of school because of the family's financial means. The family does not have to pay for her to go anywhere. She's a big girl and an adult. She can do what all the rest of us did. So I don't see Meri or her daughter as bad people for wanting her to go to that school. The family has no obligation to pay for her there are other options.
    nanarama likes this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Westminster is my alma mater! It's a great school - but I don't know what about it makes it necessary for this young lady. It's not a poly-school. Then again there are a lot of things about these people that confuse me.

I have a theory about Westminster. It's just speculation. I wonder if Mariah knows someone from years ago, either a girlfriend or boy she liked, who is going to Westminster. Maybe she has it in her head that she will go there too and they will be together. That's why is doesn't seem to make sense, but she is so obsessed about it.
    J.D. likes this.

I am having a problem with this whole sham of a show. (Yet I watch). A few thoughts: I would personally pay someone to shave Kody’s head, no matter how it had to be done. He is so smarmy it makes my skin crawl. Janelle run quickly away from this mess. You have so much to offer; Merri and her despicable behavior has burned all bridges with the other sister wives. Robyn is no longer interested in being her friend. By the way, Robyn looks like there’s been a few too many “uncle dad’s “ in her family tree. Spending $10,000 on a venue for a “recommitment” ceremony is disgusting. That would be well spent in a college fund. The ever suffering Merri, oh what to do, what to do now that she is going to be an empty nester. How about mothering the 600 other children in your “family” that you espouse to care so much about. Truth be told, none of the other children like her, nor do they want to be near her. Christine, really, begging for more grocery money? That’s just sad. Yeah Kody, you’ve done a great job of managing your wives.

It seemed like Kody's old friend and the buddy who is a personal trainer were teasing Kody, because they are the man and decision leader in their homes, but Kody seems to run around doing everything his wives tell him to do. He was rather defensive.

I suspect the tour to the reception venue was just for the cameras. I suspect the whole commitment reception is just a storyline by TLC. I can't imagine those women really want this. Wouldn't it make more sense to put money, time and energy into rebuilding the relationships instead of throwing a party. Who are they trying to fool? Nobody buys it, except maybe them.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread