+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

New season starts TOMORROW, this Sunday, 12/29/13.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Great! I'm looking forward to it. It's amazing how we can be drawn to follow all these 'reality tv' people's lives, whether or not we agree with them or like them --- At least for me, there's a tremendous fascination and curiosity about how other people live, and why they make the choices they make. (THAT part is not so easy to figure out, is it?)
    momrek06 likes this.

OMG! Meri and her daughter are two peas in a pod.

I couldn't get over how selfish and unrealistic these two were regarding the super high cost of her college tuition. Most families with one or two children would balk at that price and probably entertain other, more affordable, options. These two women don't see the forest for the trees. There are 15 other offspring in the family who will also need $$$ for college tuition!

It could be editing BUT I didn't hear the daughter (can't remember her name) utter a word about getting a job or applying for a scholarship.

If the daughter feels the need to reside in Utah in order to have a better chance of meeting a prospective plig husband then she could move there AFTER she graduates from a more reasonably priced college. Her tears didn't move me, or her father it seems, at all.

Spoiled... Spoiled... Spoiled...
    Imperfect1 and elleprn like this.

They both see themselves as victims. And when they're called to sacrifice the tears of self-pity start. Sadly, it does seem that Mariah got this from her mother.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I did not watch, Mariah may take after her mother, but her father has enabled the behavior of the 2.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Random thoughts:

Interesting when they were all in front of the therapist in a semi circle. Immediately Robyn took Cody's hand and the wife that was next to her, starting the idea of them all holding hands and being equal. Janelle was the first to step back and announce that she felt very seperate and was fine with that. Good try Robyn but you cannot fake what isn't there. The fabric of their "marriage" is crumbling. This should be interesting to watch.

I have watched off and on over the years. I remember one girl child was adamant about having a conventional marriage and was totally against plural marriage for herself. Anyone know which one? There may be more, as well.

So Mariah has to go to an expensive college, eh? That does not surprise me knowing her mother's MO. And she wants to be part of a plural marriage even though she is sitting in the middle of a mess. I guess that is all she knows.

Janelle's mother is not his favorite, that is clear. Well, it may be Christine's mother that is the pill. Hard to tell.

I wonder how the neighbors in their street feel about them.

Kody looking for the circuit box showed he is not the man of the house he thinks he is. A pile of cold waffles too, yum.

I think it would be very cool if they all got into eating less and moving more. Robyn is then only one who at a good weight.

Oh good god they are going to San Fran to bond next week. Who minds the home front with 17 children? Not Kody.

I can't recall if it's Christine's or Janelle's daughter who is certain she wants no part of polygamy. I think that Meri's daughter is the only daughter who supports it.

As Christine's mom was talking, I starting thinking there were issues of mental or substance abuse....about the same time, Christine pops up and said that her mom had gone crazy when she left the family. Too bad....she still seems off in some way. I'm not sure what is going on with her.

I was a little surprised that without being told, I couldn't figure out whose mom was who. I would have pegged Robyn's mom for Janelle's mom. And I thought that Kody's mom resembles Meri and her mom!
    momrek06 likes this.

From that dumb opening scene with Kody runnning from house to house...........just thank the Lord they are on a "Polyg Sac" because if that was in a regular neighborhood seeing him run from house to house all day long and all night long would just be very ODD.

Debb, its Janelle's daughter, sometimes she dyes her hair black and other times she has it blond. (In last night's epi she came in to one of the houses as all the Mom's were waiting to go have Kody's breakfast and she said that it was WILD and CRAZY over there).

Yes, so far it appears Mariah is the only one stating she wants 'sister wives'.

I agree, Christine's Mom, she has some deep rooted issues.

Everyone in the episode was crying except the BABIES...........what's up with that. Geez.

Mariah is a spoiled brat. And Meri allows the behavior. Its disturbing. Last season she cried and whined all season long about wanting to be in the house. Now this season she will cry all season long about wanting to go to a very costly private college.
    KAREN

When Mariah and Meri was pouring on the tears about how she HAD to go to Westminster and that there was NO other option, I just wanted someone to step in say "SNAP OUT OF IT!" That kind of behavior is just plain stupid, selfish and manipulative. NO thinking person would even consider attending a college for $28,000.00 per year when money is tight, there are other siblings in college who attend MUCH less expensive schools due to money constraints and there are MANY other siblings down the line to attend college. PLUS, the parents all have new mortgages to pay.

Unless Mariah gets almost all scholarships or grants, that idea is not realistic at all. Mariah must not care if other family members resent her for being such a diva. Here's an idea. If living in Utah is the draw, send her to live in Utah with family or friends for a couple of years while she attends a community college, dates polygamy minded boys and establishes residency. Then she can get instate tuition and transfer to a 4 year school after getting her Associate degree. She does have other options.

I did like Kody's tribute speech to the mothers right before the brunch.

The more Kody speaks, the clearer it is that the sister wives not keen on each other at all. He says he's known it for awhile. So, why is that the wives think polygamy makes them better people and is God's will for their life if it just isn't working and they aren't happy. I don't get it.

I agree with all of the above posts. Meri and Mariah are despicable. Meri immediately started to play the "since I only have the one daughter........) card. It made me sick. Unless one gets a full ride to the college of their choice, scholarships are overrated. They usually amount to a grain of sand in a bucket. Maybe it would pay for used books for a quarter. There are grants and loans that would do the trick. Paid for undergrad and grad school by myself.

+ Reply to Thread