+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, Janelle is on her way down in size. She's a pretty woman. Once she starts getting lots of male attention, she may see the downside to staying with Kody and end it, especially, if she falls in love.

Christine is pretty too, though she is more religious than the others. IMO, she still would have a difficult time staying if she got the right kind of male attention and fell for another man. If she had a Morman husband who was under her roof 24/7, I don't think she would be able to resist, especially if he was truly physically attracted to her. It sounds like she's never had that from Kody. He admits it.
    I agree with everything you said here, Debb!

As for Janelle, I love her 'drive' to lose that weight! I wish she would stop dying her hair.

As far as the show, I wish they would change the beginning! What Janelle says 'about not wanting any other life' (something along those lines) I really don't think she means anymore.
    KAREN

I think that Meri is not being honest about the whole surrogacy thing. If you recall back when Robin offered to be the surrogate, Meri seeemed cool to the idea. She hemmed and hawed about it forever. Kody begged her to consider. He said it was up to her, but seemed very much on board. He kept begging her to make a decision and pushed the deadline. All the while, Meri tries to be so coy about the matter. Well now, she wants us to believe that it's Kody who's putting the thing to rest. I don't believe it.
    IMO, if Kody has said, Yes, let's move forward, Meri would have said Whoa, not so fast, I need more time. She's a sly one. She tries to turn this thing around.

And doesn't she recall that she's already seen two sets of fertility doctors. Why is she now acting like she doesn't know the truth. And is it so unreasonable to not pursue the surrogacy route when you already have 14 other children? It makes sense to me, though, Meri would have us believe that this is breaking her heart. I suspect she is thrilled she has yet another reason to whine and get pity. And if someone is on the fence for a year about whether they really want a baby, I think it's reasonable to assume they ARE NOT interested.

I'm not a Kody fan, but on this matter, I see his side of it. Plus, after the pain in the butt that Meri has been since moving to Vegas, I can why Kody doesn't want a baby with her. She's too manipulative, spoiled, self entitled and demanding. I don't get that Meri is Kody's favorite anymore. In fact, he seems more comfortable with Christine and Janelle now, more so than Meri.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    causingchaos and tinderbox like this.

I don't watch this show, but I saw this article in the Salt Lake paper the other day and thought you all would be interested to know that the Sister Wives folks are about to have some competition.

New TLC show to feature "progressive" polygamous family
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I think that Meri is not being honest about the whole surrogacy thing. If you recall back when Robin offered to be the surrogate, Meri seeemed cool to the idea. She hemmed and hawed about it forever. Kody begged her to consider. He said it was up to her, but seemed very much on board. He kept begging her to make a decision and pushed the deadline. All the while, Meri tries to be so coy about the matter. Well now, she wants us to believe that it's Kody who's putting the thing to rest. I don't believe it.
    IMO, if Kody has said, Yes, let's move forward, Meri would have said Whoa, not so fast, I need more time. She's a sly one. She tries to turn this thing around.

And doesn't she recall that she's already seen two sets of fertility doctors. Why is she now acting like she doesn't know the truth. And is it so unreasonable to not pursue the surrogacy route when you already have 14 other children? It makes sense to me, though, Meri would have us believe that this is breaking her heart. I suspect she is thrilled she has yet another reason to whine and get pity. And if someone is on the fence for a year about whether they really want a baby, I think it's reasonable to assume they ARE NOT interested.

I'm not a Kody fan, but on this matter, I see his side of it. Plus, after the pain in the butt that Meri has been since moving to Vegas, I can why Kody doesn't want a baby with her. She's too manipulative, spoiled, self entitled and demanding. I don't get that Meri is Kody's favorite anymore. In fact, he seems more comfortable with Christine and Janelle now, more so than Meri.
    Had Kody given Meri any indication that he likes that they only have one child together and now that Mariah is grown we can have some special time alone, all would be well. He could have elaborated on gods will if he believes that; he almost got there. She needed loving words and confirmation that it is okay that she is unable to have more kids. Kody was very cool to her on that picnic.

Meri seems to be desperately reaching out for something positive in having only one child and she isn't getting that from anyone. She is out of the loop and feels discarded. Religion is at the base of this. Lots of kids= good, one=not so good. This isn't about a child, it is about her place in the family and Kody's love and support.

They need a basic 101 communication/conflict resolutioin workshop! I wanted to scream, just say what you are feeling Meri!!

I never got the feeling that she was into the surrogate plan. She thought she should be so she acted the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I don't watch this show, but I saw this article in the Salt Lake paper the other day and thought you all would be interested to know that the Sister Wives folks are about to have some competition.

New TLC show to feature "progressive" polygamous family
    I saw perhaps 5 minutes. For women who claim to be so happy they appeared to be very emotionally...unhappy. One 'wife" wanted to discuss adopting a child & another one wanted to discuss possibly having anoter chld in the future. Very strange people wanting to adopt a child when they are technically breaking the law. They are dead broke & may plan to sue the state of Utah to allow plural marriages & the right to adopt as a family.
    Does TLC really think we want to see & support this??? Before you say well I did watch it...I was channel surfing because of Sunday Night Football being in a rain delay.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I saw perhaps 5 minutes. For women who claim to be so happy they appeared to be very emotionally...unhappy. One 'wife" wanted to discuss adopting a child & another one wanted to discuss possibly having anoter chld in the future. Very strange people wanting to adopt a child when they are technically breaking the law. They are dead broke & may plan to sue the state of Utah to allow plural marriages & the right to adopt as a family.
    Does TLC really think we want to see & support this??? Before you say well I did watch it...I was channel surfing because of Sunday Night Football being in a rain delay.
    I watched most of it...and the adults certainly came off as very strange. Maybe it was that they were nervous around the cameras. The wives seemed very anxious...and then one would voice a concern, and in the next moment insist that it was ok, they really didn't mind. Honestly, I prefer the Browns just because the women are not so Stepford-y - and Kody is not such a creepy supreme-leader type as this Brady guy. The show made me very uncomfortable. It certainly did no favours for the polygamy cause.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

One plural family tv show is enough for me personally -- but my tivo ran a few moments into the new show and I did not like it....seemed way to set up with the good mornings....I will pass.

two hour season finale next week -- I think the seasons are becoming the same for me...I don't know if I can watch it anymore kinda boring and the sister wives "tell all" actually tell nothing at all.

FORT Fan

I watched My Five Wives. I didn't think there could be someone creepier than Cody but I guess there is. There's something not right about this family. The women looked so unhappy and seethed with jealousy. Whats with all of these stupid women? He was the only with a smile on his face.

Shoepie, Meri could use you as her publicist. I haven't read anyone put her in such a good light in a long time. You make some good points. I still don't care for her though. Perhaps she does need some encouragment on the matter, but I don't think she's the type to get some and move on. She will never get enough. That's my take on her anyway....and she used to be my favorite!

Robyn needs to understand that people may never get her point of view and if they don't it's okay. She seems to be the most immature about life in general. She got so upset that the other speakers didn't get her or that others may listen to them more so than her. She needs to get out more.

The ladies opposing polygamy seemed to be deeply damaged and in need of therapy. They were just venting as if they wanted someone to go punish the people who hurt and betrayed them. Sad really.

Sometimes just showing compassion for those victims goes further than making your point. I think Kody and Janelle got that. I think Christine was overly sensitive and used this as an opportunity to get some Kody attention.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Shoepie, Meri could use you as her publicist. I haven't read anyone put her in such a good light in a long time. You make some good points. I still don't care for her though. Perhaps she does need some encouragment on the matter, but I don't think she's the type to get some and move on. She will never get enough. That's my take on her anyway....and she used to be my favorite!

Robyn needs to understand that people may never get her point of view and if they don't it's okay. She seems to be the most immature about life in general. She got so upset that the other speakers didn't get her or that others may listen to them more so than her. She needs to get out more.

The ladies opposing polygamy seemed to be deeply damaged and in need of therapy. They were just venting as if they wanted someone to go punish the people who hurt and betrayed them. Sad really.

Sometimes just showing compassion for those victims goes further than making your point. I think Kody and Janelle got that. I think Christine was overly sensitive and used this as an opportunity to get some Kody attention.
    Janelle is my favorite and has been for a long time. I used to like Meri, too but find her difficult now. There was something about that picnic that really hit me. All she wanted was an, "I love you honey, if you have another child or not. I love us together just the way we are." Something like that. Kody is a dickhead.

+ Reply to Thread