+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 176 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Fogey

Re: Sister Wives

Sister Wives is not the first time Kody & Co. have been featured on TV. In March 2009, they appeared in a BBC story about polygamy.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Quest to legalise polygamy in Utah

I had met the Browns a few hours earlier at the Utah State Legislature where they had joined a campaign to legalise polygamy.
    The campaign is called Principle Voices...
    So Kody & Co. are involved in the campaign to legalize polygamy, and lo and behold, they now have a "reality" show for the world to see how nice and normal they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;4077327;
    Sister Wives is not the first time Kody & Co. have been featured on TV. In March 2009, they appeared in a BBC story about polygamy.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Quest to legalise polygamy in Utah

So Kody & Co. are involved in the campaign to legalize polygamy, and lo and behold, they now have a "reality" show for the world to see how nice and normal they are.
    I knew it! Shame on TLC for this. I have a good mind to stop watching the channel all together. I don't watch it much now as it is, usually just an occasional Duggar episode.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4076764;
    Just wait. If they can be found, TLC will be signing them up
    Bite your tongue! I just wanted to point out that not all people object on a moral level. Being in a 24 year monogamous marriage I will admit it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I actually find the women kind of compelling and am trying to understand how seemingly intelligent women can't see that they are being, well, oppressed (Imo, obviously). Interesting that the one daughter says she definitely will not live this lifestyle and they are okay with that. That surprised me, and I am happy about that.

I just find Kody really "pervy". He is just way too giddy about the new, hotter, younger wife. I hope we can see more of his personality or I'm really just going to turn this show off. I can watch my teenage son if I want to see that kind of behaviour

It seems as though Kody is a "special needs" child himself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4077071;
    NOT ME...I know the man...lol...the 11 wives is nothing..it doesn't count all the side pieces he always had to have...in the 20 yrs i have known him he has never been faithful to anyone and I expect this next one will be no different and it doesn't count the ones that he have lived with briefly before moving on to the next...I actually feel sorry for this girl..but since his first 3 wives which i am one of are the only ones to have children with him i stay out of his personal life...makes it much easier to co parent...but i told him several years ago...we both know what a man ho you are..don't get married again...lol
    Well...I suspect he is not much different than Kody...only Kody keeps the wives and just adds a new one whereas your ex divorces them and then just adds a new one. They are the same kind of man...the kind that cannot be faithful or happy with one woman.

Too funny Canuck!! As the mother of teenagers i can sooo relate to that.

I can't keep track of their girlfriends from one week to the next. It's kinda scary.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Just like the fictional Bill Henrickson on Big Love! Kody's a Klone.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fan

I hadn't even heard of the show and had to pop in here to see what all the fuss was about. Holy multiples. Multiple kids, multiple wives. I lived in Africa for several years where polygamy is an everyday event. Ultimately having more than one wife was about power rather than love. In the Christian part of the country I lived in (Cameroon), a village fon (village chief) could have as many wives as he could get. It was about getting the shiny new toy to put on display. In the Muslim area having more than one wife was also about displaying wealth. Though most men had only one wife, the ones who had more than one would often have one or two wives for the village and one or two as the town wives. The town wives were usually the younger, more recent wives. From the woman's point of view, if the wives get along it is a big social support system. It also helps to share the housekeeping burden. There is friendship and a sense of family. Neither men nor women are raised with an expectation of a Western style marriage based on a union of two people who focus on each other.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Thank you for finding this!

Reality check: this has nothing to do with some nice, normal adults who choose to live a different lifestyle. This is about an agenda. "Put on a show to help our agenda to get something that most people find morally and ethically wrong more palatable, easing them into the idea of changing the laws - which is what we were ultimately trying to do in the first place.(**chuckle, chuckle** "suckers") "

FORT Fogey

It turns out there's a reason the show has downplayed the religious aspects of the Brown's family life.

'Sister Wives' Features A Lot Of Wives But Little Faith

Bill Hayes, president of Figure 8 Films, which produced "Sister Wives" for TLC, said placing the family's faith in the background was a deliberate decision made by the producers.

"We decided not to go there because the story was more about their family, not about the religion in any way shape or form," Hayes said. "(Religion) is such a complicated thing that if you touch on it one time you have to go, go, go with it. You cannot do that in a show like this or everyone gravitates to that and forgets about what an interesting family life they have."
    I call BS on Hayes' explanation. How can you ignore the family's religion when it's the reason they have the "interesting family life" that's the basis of the show!!

Hayes said the family also requested that their faith, like their sex lives, be kept out of the series as much as possible.
    Of course they wanted to downplay their faith. Because...

Reality check: this has nothing to do with some nice, normal adults who choose to live a different lifestyle. This is about an agenda. "Put on a show to help our agenda to get something that most people find morally and ethically wrong more palatable, easing them into the idea of changing the laws - which is what we were ultimately trying to do in the first place.(**chuckle, chuckle** "suckers") "

+ Reply to Thread