+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree623Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I was flipping channels and saw where Kody was thanking God for providing the houses.....in truth he should be thanking TLC. I will bet that within 5 years all the houses will be in foreclosure...any takers?
    I was thinking he should be thanking not only TLC, but the UAB church back in Utah. This family has to be getting more financial support from somewhere (other than TLC) since the adults don't have real jobs. Perhaps their church kicked in some funding?

I agree with you that they won't have the homes once the TLC show is cancelled, and their main "stream of income" is gone. How could they possibly afford them? I really don't even see how they are affording them now even with the TLC money. It can't be that much to support 4 huge house payments plus all the utilities, taxes, and insurance for these homes. How is it possible they even got into the homes in the first place since none of the adults have a real job?

I find it amazing that several of the teenagers have jobs, or work during the summer months, yet the adults can't be bothered.

The crazy clan is back! Oh my goodness where to start? Let it not be said that I didn't try to hang with the Browns, but the last episode put me to sleep many times so I only caught the end of it. Basically I am so tired of hearing mostly Meri use the phrase "the homes", that I could vomit if I hear it again. So maybe falling asleep was a good thing, since I was so sick of hearing about how they wanted to be "in the homes" by Christmas. I want to know how these people plan on paying for "the homes" as much as anybody does. I had actually expected that Meri would get in before Robin, who seemed to have some bad credit. Didn't know about any bankruptcies or foreclosures though. Which was it? Oh well...sooner rather than later I would bet it will be a foreclosure or something of that nature so what's the diff?

And the question of the decade, which must be on everybody's mind who has one, is this: why are "the homes" and "getting in the homes" so important to these people when these women can't stand being near each other (except for Meri and Robin and I won't even touch that one!) and clearly would kill one another if they lived in the same four walls? I have no idea. I wish somebody could explain that to me. I think these people are doing and saying a lot for show, and really don't have a clue as to their own desires and needs.

Oh and about the jewelry....it's not going to bring in any income. Janelle knows this, so why don't the rest of them? I saw the stuff. It's not anything special and even if I were a plyg wife, I wouldn't buy any of it.

The only thing I can figure is that each wife and Kody gets at least $100,000. per season to be on the show. So, they can list this as their income for loan purposes. Even though they aren't in a typical job, this income is much more than an average employer with no college education would get, even if they worked 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. I'm not sure how much the average real estate agent earns in Vegas. I guess it varies greatly depending on many factors.

Oh, I forgot that I read somewhere that Kody has a job in some marketing capacity. It was mentioned on the show once too, but no details were given.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Scuttlebutt on the web is that the builders are probably holding the mortgages for now, with a 3-year, interest-only clause. Once the 3 years are up and the payments increase, they'll lose the houses due to non-payment. Then the builder can re-sell in what will hopefully be a stronger market.

Kody, Meri, Janelle, and Christine have all filed bankruptcy in the past. When Robyn's first husband divorced her, she "agreed to keep peace" that she would take on a lot of their accumulated debt. The fact that a lot of it was for purchases at Victoria's Secret and other retail stores would seem to indicate that she liked to buy champagne on a beer budget. There is already a lien against her new house for an unpaid medical bill in Las Vegas. It's all a matter of public record.

The AUB church is only about 10,000 members. IMO, those folks wouldn't be happy about their tithe money going toward buying four McMansions and a lavish lifestyle for a "family" when the church leadership was not happy about the Browns going on TV as representatives of polygamy. I think they're building their lives in Las Vegas on a base as firm as a house of cards. It's not "if" it will crumble; it's "when." Given their oft-tweeted pictures from Disneyland and other trips (not on the show, so not paid for by TLC), they seem to have continued with a "spend . . . don't save" mentality.

From what I have seen personally with people that I know who filed bankruptcy, they get pretty much any credit they want. I know people who have filed and within one year, they get new car financing, new furniture, rent apartments, cell phone contracts, etc. I'm not certain about getting a mortgage though. Apparently, it didn't hurt the Browns.

Meri is just a pitiful, useless human being. She already has a HUGE, outrageous home to live in and she is the one responsible for not turning in her paperwork...she is the one to blame. But the real problem is the fact that she is totally okay with asking others to suffer because she is not happy, particularly little kids who have a special connection with holidays and feels no remorse or embarrassment about her selfishness.
    Last edited by mindy384; 08-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    From what I have seen personally with people that I know who filed bankruptcy, they get pretty much any credit they want. I know people who have filed and within one year, they get new car financing, new furniture, rent apartments, cell phone contracts, etc. I'm not certain about getting a mortgage though. Apparently, it didn't hurt the Browns.
    Mortgages are harder these days. I have a few friends who have filed bankruptcy one of those people files every 7 to 10 years like clockwork. None of them had any issues getting lines of credit to buy cars, ATV's, credit cards, store credit cards etc soon after bankruptcy. One continually took out personal lines of credit at various banks as well. Now this isn't to say that the interest rate is cool. When one came to me and was bragging about the low interest rate he got on a home loan and I asked what it was and he said 11% when the interest rates were very low I was like "are you serious?" That house has been lost in foreclosure by the way. None of them had any issue getting one let alone multiple cell phones either. Or car or house insurance.

Anyhow, from what I witnessed your credit score suffers greatly with these things but all in all we are a society that runs on credit and thrives on living beyond one's means so filing has never really stopped any friend of mine from immediately turning around and running up any debt they could after the fact.

FORT Newbie

I generally don't have sympathy for the sister wives, but something about Meri struck me this week. She is about to enter an exciting time in life--A time that husband and wife typically reconnect (or shoot each other!) after their children leave the home. Instead, she's thinking about how her role within the family will change and how she won't fit in. You would think that Kody will want to be in a home where it's peaceful and quiet, but unfortunately, I could see him losing focus on her.
    Shoepie likes this.

He has lost focus on all the wives except Robyn. Once her newness wears off or she gains weight, we will see him looking for another wife.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    He has lost focus on all the wives except Robyn. Once her newness wears off or she gains weight, we will see him looking for another wife.
    Where are they going to put her? lol

+ Reply to Thread