+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

I suspect Kody will spend MORE time with Meri in her empty nest. There haven't been a lot of indications that he's into the whole "parenting" aspect of having children; all he wants is to procreate.

I can just see Kody and Meri hanging out at the wet bar, being quiet and not answering the doorbell if any of the other wives or children come calling.

Kody actually said who he will be spending his "time" with. He told Robyn that she was too beautiful to cook. I have never heard him even compliment one of the others, but then I seldom watch. I will admit to watching last night, there was nothing on and I was too lazy to find a movie.
    There's no place like home!

That comment of too beautiful to cook i think was based on some comment in the first season about how he hates her cooking. I remember something about a salt an pepper shaker as a gift? he also followed up with a similar comment on the last show that he doesn't like her food.

It might be but if you watch you will see he is very affectionate with Robyn and you do not see it with the others.
    nennie and Debb70 like this.

Meri is such a cry baby time to grow up.

After reading the book it's hard for me when I catch episodes of this show at my mom's house to not watch it and be kind of judgey about their family situation.

At the end of the day I don't think Kody particularly likes Janelle and Christine (suddenly doubting that i have their names right). I think he likes Meri as kind of that first love sort of person but Robyn is his hot mid-life crisis sort of person. He reminds me a lot of this guy I knew who had a wife that was his age and she was frumpy but he he loved her in that first love sort of way but he really liked his his hot 20 year old mistresses too because they were new and fun to play with. I see that kind of dynamic with Meri and Robyn. I don't even count the other two as having relationships with him because in the book it really doesn't feel like they have much of a relationship with him. I could see how this whole arrangement would make Meri absolutely miserable but she's already kind of committed to it.

And I also feel at the end of the day other than Janelle not a single one of them has any adult capability to handle financial matters at all by any stretch of the imagination.
    nennie likes this.

The contractor nailed it, IMO. He said that Kody is as follows with his wives:
    Janelle, serious, down to business
    Christine, jovial, kidding around
    Meri, annoyed or frustrated
    Robyn, like newlyweds

I bet those comments ticked Meri off.

I don't think Robyn is the most attractive at all. Actually, Janelle has turned out to be, IMO.

Kody is so clueless. You don't go on national tv and say that romance is awkward with your wife (Janelle) of almost 20 years. How rude and ridiculous. I guess Janelle is used to it. You wait until she loses even more weight and turns more heads.

Did you see the bottom of Janelle's fit when she hopped up on that bed in the store? Oh my. Why would they be so black. She wasn't bare foot. lol

Meri and her daughter was so self centered that it boggles the mind. Why can't they ever be happy for others and let them own selfish needs be put on hold for a little? I wish someone would tell Meri that flat to her face.
    mindy384 and gadmus126 like this.

He really comes off as almost loathing christine and janelle in the book. And janelle has always been her own person which is why I've always kind of liked her. She could take or leave the family and I think he knows that.

While Kody is a real heel a lot of the time, at least he told Meri straight to her face the truth about her and her daugther being such cry babies when things don't go their way. He does seem to really be done with that behavior. However, the family still had to cater to Meri and postpone their family Christmans celebration until Jan. 2, in hope that Meri would have her new home ready by then. I'm not sure why they found it fair to the little kids to do this. And weren't the kids back at school by then? So ridiculous. It's as if Meri ruins everything. She and her daughhter act like 4 year olds.
    elleprn likes this.

I was flipping channels and saw where Kody was thanking God for providing the houses.....in truth he should be thanking TLC. I will bet that within 5 years all the houses will be in foreclosure...any takers?

+ Reply to Thread