+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I'm no expert, but wouldn't it make sense to have rented the Utah house all along? They could have listed that on their loan application to show more income right? So they have just been letting the house sit there with boxes and paid taxes with no income from it? Why? Just to let one child live there on the off chance she would attend college nearby in the future? Honestly, I don't understand those people.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

According to info on the web, they have been renting the house to Meri's brother and his family. It may be that they just weren't using that portion of the house. As far as Kody and Meri keeping that space available intentionally "in case" Mariah wanted to use it when she went to college . . . that would be the ONLY intentional thing these yahoos have ever done to plan for anything further ahead than later today.

Just sayin'.

And if you DO ever start understanding them, Debb . . . I'll be VERY worried about you.
    Debb70 likes this.

I wish these guys would get a clue. they talk about needing to market their MSWC. Am i crazy? aren't they advertising NATIONALLY with the TV show? I would kill for that kind of marketing, where I get paid to talk about my business for 42 minutes a week vs having to pay for it myself and hope people hear about it. It is clear to me with all the free marketing they get, and making as little as they are, it is a sinking ship.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by L144S View Post
    I wish these guys would get a clue. they talk about needing to market their MSWC. Am i crazy? aren't they advertising NATIONALLY with the TV show? I would kill for that kind of marketing, where I get paid to talk about my business for 42 minutes a week vs having to pay for it myself and hope people hear about it. It is clear to me with all the free marketing they get, and making as little as they are, it is a sinking ship.
    I laughed out loud last night when Kody said he didn't want to see t-shirts on the website - but he wants to keep the apron. Yes, because NOBODY wears t-shirts, and EVERYONE wears aprons, right?

I think if you look up "clueless" in the dictionary, you'll see a family portrait illustrating the concept.
    L144S likes this.

Thanks for that info on them renting to Meri's relatives.

The national advertising they get would cause most sites to get loads of business. For example, I suspect that the pet store in Texas that is owned and operated by the Little Couple, does pretty well. Anyone who sees them on tv would love to do business with them. And I bet that Honey Boo Boo merchandise sells well too. I'm just guessing. If the viewer LIKES the people they will buy the stuff or if they like the stuff they will purchase the merchandise, but when you don't like the merchandise and don't like the people EITHER, you're in trouble. lol
    L144S likes this.

Add in the fact that the stuff they sell is not something the general public would like - it's too polygamy-themed - and it's at least triple what you'd pay for similar stuff in a retail store, they really are clueless. Kody thinks they should ask a lot for it because it's "iconic."

If I were a fan of a show, I might spend $30 (including shipping) for something. (Don't ask me how much I've spent on Harry Potter stuff.) But I wouldn't spend a plug nickel if one cent of it would go to these grifters who have a history of bankruptcies and welfare / food stamp abuse.

I know. I need to speak up and say what I really think.
    Shoepie likes this.

They can attempt to do all the marketing in the world BUT until they drop the prices on their jewelry no one is buying a thing.

BOTH "shows" they attended did not net the kind of money they thought they were going to make.

Can I just say I have an issue with the 'name'. 'My SisterWife's Closet' . it looks to me like its misspelled. Or not the proper english.

Shouldn't it be either 'My Sister (space) Wife's Closet' OR 'My Sisterwive's Closet'.

Or maybe I am wrong. But seeing it on the banner at the trade show the spelling looked odd.

Ok I heard them talking about the T-Shirts last night but I was reading something on my ipad. What did Kody say about no T-shirt's???

Fort Fans, I have NO IDEA how those ladies are going to AFFORD those homes. And Meri with what 3,000+ sq ft and one child (who is possibly leaving). Unbelievable.

They should have purchased two lots and built one LARGE house with different wings and all pitched in toward all the house bills.

I am so proud of Janelle getting herself in shape. My only wish for her is to STOP dying her hair, leave it alone. Let its natual color come back.
    KAREN

I think Kody was afraid that T-shirts would dumb down the business! Hah! Fat chance of that happening. He thought the t-shirts would be too frumpy. That's the word he used. I don't know what's in his head. He and Janelle thought aprons would be better. How many people do you know who use aprons? No offense to those who do, but I can't see it as a big seller. Oh, it's the only clothing item on their site as of a few weeks ago.
    momrek06 likes this.

Momrek06, you're correct! It should be SisterWive's, not wife's. no big surprise, the only one that can conjugate a verb on that show is Jannell.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Kody was afraid that T-shirts would dumb down the business! Hah! Fat chance of that happening. He thought the t-shirts would be too frumpy. That's the word he used. I don't know what's in his head. He and Janelle thought aprons would be better. How many people do you know who use aprons? No offense to those who do, but I can't see it as a big seller. Oh, it's the only clothing item on their site as of a few weeks ago.
    Last week, they DID have t-shirts and tote bags. Their "iconic" saying was, "It's like herding cats." Looks like Kody got his wish and the only thing that might have earned them some money is gone.

+ Reply to Thread