+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

This show drives me nuts, but I'm the idiot that still watches... Meri is officially done for me. I am appalled at how incredibly selfish and whiny she is. What the heck is she going to do with a HUGE home and no kids... Janelle is the saving grace for this show. I think if anyone left the lifestyle it would be Janelle. She has got her head on straight. I hope the real estate thing works out for her. Robyn is clueless and I just don't understand why she gets so emotional over the "hobby" business. Other then the sister wives closet what else are they doing for money? Does Kody not work? Why is Meri not working? I don't feel sorry for any of the adults, I feel bad for the kids. I hope they all graduate quickly and move as far away as possible. One thing I noticed was how Kody disciplines, it was comical. Poor Janelle having to ask Kody for help. Kody has no idea how to discipline, sad that you have something like 23 kids and the only thing you're teaching them is how part your hair to cover your balding.
    elleprn likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

My personal belief on how to split the household money.....if you work and contribute you get to share the money. I have not watched in a long time, but the last I knew Kody did not have a job...therefore, he gets no money.
    AZChristian likes this.
    There's no place like home!

They mentioned something they do called "marketing" in this last episode. I've heard it mentioned before too. I'm not sure what kind of job it is or who does it. I suspect it's Kody's job, but he is not free to talk about it on air. If you watch it again, it's said at the part where they are describing their income. I think they are talking about Sisterwives closet at the time, but they are not describing marketing for Sisterwives closet. It's something else. Still, it couldn't involve enough income to support 4 families.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

They are part of a pyramid scheme company called LIV International.

Interesting blurb from their website: "Liv's objective is to assist thousands of its distributors to earn cars paid for by the company, become debt free and financially independent because their Liv businesses consistently earn hundreds of thousands each year." One out of three for this group.

Half of their website is devoted to a weight-loss product. Looks like the Browns don't use that product (except maybe Janelle). The other half is the green goo vitamin drink they carry around with them.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Hi All... I'm new to the board, I was looking for a sister wives discussion board and came across this one

I'm pretty sure Kody works in some kind of marketing job.. I remember when they gave him that new convertible and the wives took it for a drive.

I have been watching since the beginning and things have changed with them so much this season and I feel a lot of true colors are now being showed.

Christine is the laziest person i have ever seen and when she told Kody she couldn't do the real estate because of evenings and weekends I wasn't surprised.
    But When she said "When Janelle worked full time i was able to stay home and that worked out well" I wanted to punch her lol She actually thinks she should have everything handed to her. Then when Janelle said we will be in one of the family homes for xmas.. Christines response was "that means nothing" WOW that was rude!

Robyn is an emotional wreck lol She can't spit out a sentence without crying or tearing up.. That's just weird. I think she has good intentions with the sisterwifes closet idea. I think she should just do it alone but change it up a little to have better jewelry at better prices. Why not add some wearable jewelry sets and maybe some clothing items or something in a different direction for non sister wives fans. I think Janelle is a smart business woman and can support her with having her ideas come to life.

Meri is just greedy... She sure doesn't need a 5 bedroom home and her excuse that she would need one if she had her way is pathetic. The reality is she doesn't have 8 kids and doesn't need to suck the family finances dry because of her need for a big empty house. She doesn't even have a job to help pay for it. I think it is so irresponsible.

Janelle is and always has been my favorite. She is the only one who is realistic and if there was no Janelle the others would probably be living in a ditch somewhere. Sometimes I wish she would leave just because I feel like she deserves better. In Christine's mind it is ok for Janelle to go kill herself working non stop to provide for her and its sickening. If Janelle works 60 hours a week, her children should benefit from it instead of her having to pay the other lazy wives way.

Now on to these houses.. I have no clue how they plan on paying them or how any of them qualified for pre-approval. I will give Robyn a little credit because she is the only one who hasn't filed bankruptcy but the other wives are quick to judge her for not having her finances in order. At least she is trying to pay off debt instead of filing bankruptcy like they did.

Since these eps are obviously from Nov last year (Meri putting out xmas decorations and Kody saying its not quite thanksgiving) does anyone know if they actually moved into these houses? It wouldn't surprise me if they all still lived in their rentals

Welcome Cyn_0_. I don't know the present status of the houses. They are so confusing. I'm not sure if they will even include a reveal when the show ends for this season.

AZ Christian, Thanks for the info above about that marketing business they are in. How could they make much noney doing that? Sounds odd, doesn't it?

They all are so entitled except for Janelle. If they really want to live as a large family, they should watch how the families do it on Polygamy USA. They could get some tips. Of course, it wouldn't involve each wife having a large home and most of them would need to get fulltime jobs, while one wife cared for the younger children. Maybe not ideal, but you do what you have to in order to pay the bills.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Now on to these houses.. I have no clue how they plan on paying them or how any of them qualified for pre-approval. I will give Robyn a little credit because she is the only one who hasn't filed bankruptcy but the other wives are quick to judge her for not having her finances in order. At least she is trying to pay off debt instead of filing bankruptcy like they did.

Since these eps are obviously from Nov last year (Meri putting out xmas decorations and Kody saying its not quite thanksgiving) does anyone know if they actually moved into these houses? It wouldn't surprise me if they all still lived in their rentals
    Yes, we should all pat Robyn on the back for not walking away from her $1,000 Victoria's Secret bill, as well as the thousands owed to Target and Sears. The debt counselor they met with on the show was working with her creditors to get them to eat the debt. Same effect as bankruptcy. She keeps the stuff, but doesn't pay for it.

Yes, they all moved into the houses around Christmas. In the meantime, they continue to live as though they have an inexhaustible supply of money. There's already a lien on Robyn's house for an unpaid hospital bill - probably for one of the older kids, as her ex-husband is also named on the debt. It's a matter of public record.

There is an excellent blog online about the Sister Wives show. If you google, you'll find it. Lots of recaps of the shows and discussion, focusing on this show and branching out occasionally to other polygamy news.

I was once offered a job to work at a hospital that required weekends and holidays and I turned it down and I was also 18 years old at the time...I could not believe Christine had the balls to say what she did about the real estate gig. She is a nasty person and if any wife left it would be her and I could see doing a nasty tell all.

Janelle I have always liked her she seems the most down to earth to me.

Robyn -- seriously a lien against the house? wow...that is sad! I still dumfounded about how she even could get into the house....oh wait my bad it's reality tv.

Meri -- through the years her attitude has gotten so bad and she seems just as lazy as Christine -- is it me or has she put on alot of weight? As far as the baby phase goes....enjoy this new phase of life of having a child in college my daughter is 21 and I am loving it -- there is not a day that does not go by that I don't worry it's the mother in me....but enjoy your life now. Robyn has a little one -- steal him for a few hours and spoil him and have fun....and then you can give him back....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    They are part of a pyramid scheme company called LIV International.

Interesting blurb from their website: "Liv's objective is to assist thousands of its distributors to earn cars paid for by the company, become debt free and financially independent because their Liv businesses consistently earn hundreds of thousands each year." One out of three for this group.

Half of their website is devoted to a weight-loss product. Looks like the Browns don't use that product (except maybe Janelle). The other half is the green goo vitamin drink they carry around with them.
    I haven't seen any conspicuous placement of the green Koolaid bottles so far this season. In previous seasons there was always a bottle or two shown sometime during each episode. My personal favorite was Kody carrying two bottles of green goo to the son's graduation ceremony. What? Doesn't everyone do that ??

Maybe they finally stopped trying to promote that green goo since they obviously weren't too successful at this. Although they have mentioned the "marketing" job several times in the first couple episodes. Who knows with this bunch of lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    I was once offered a job to work at a hospital that required weekends and holidays and I turned it down and I was also 18 years old at the time...I could not believe Christine had the balls to say what she did about the real estate gig. She is a nasty person and if any wife left it would be her and I could see doing a nasty tell all.

Janelle I have always liked her she seems the most down to earth to me.

Robyn -- seriously a lien against the house? wow...that is sad! I still dumfounded about how she even could get into the house....oh wait my bad it's reality tv.
    Meri -- through the years her attitude has gotten so bad and she seems just as lazy as Christine -- is it me or has she put on alot of weight? As far as the baby phase goes....enjoy this new phase of life of having a child in college my daughter is 21 and I am loving it -- there is not a day that does not go by that I don't worry it's the mother in me....but enjoy your life now. Robyn has a little one -- steal him for a few hours and spoil him and have fun....and then you can give him back....LOL.
    Regarding the bolded. A lien on property simply means that the property can't be sold or transferred without the lien being paid off first. Liens on property are usually satisfied at settlement when the property is sold.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread