+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I'm not sure if it's ON Demand or not. Why can't they repeat these shows throughout the week instead of only on Sundays. ??

Last night's show proved to me that these women aren't all that loving toward each other. They put up with one another!

It was obvious that Meri loves the extra quality time she spends with Kody. She said it herself. Their child is grown and away from home quite a bit so her "quality" time with hubby is extra special. It seems she has come to like living miles away from her sister wives and doesn't necessarily embrace the fact that they will all soon see what's going on around them.

Christine's non support of the jewelry line (Robin) was harsh. Man, that woman is mean spirited. I agreed with her, in principle, but her jealousy of Robin hasn't diminished at all. Christine is transparent!

Janelle has realized she's better off without these other women. I think she's questioning why she continues on with this lifestyle. jmo

Robin is pathetic! She doesn't see the forest for the trees...about anyone or anything.

That said.. I cannot BELIEVE these people have these four brand new homes. How the heck were they able to pull this off? Unreal.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

One idea I've read on line (which makes more sense than anything) is that the builder is funding the houses, and they have interest-only loans for at least a couple of years. So the Browns will pay higher-than-market interest to the builder, then they'll default. The builder will get the houses back (with maybe a little appreciated value) and can sell them when the market is improved. No way will they be in these houses more than 10 minutes after the TLC money dries up. They have a history of bankruptcies, and there is info on the web about more current situations which indicate they have no money for what some of us consider basic expenses.

Last night it really hit me how out of touch with reality and how entitled some of these women are. It's so annoying.

I wish that the real estate lady would have explained to Christine that just because you work for 6 days in a row, doesn't mean you work a long shift. It may be that you would have to do some work during the weekend, such as check voice mail or emails, return calls, run by a property, show a house, etc. It might be that you only work an hour or so that day, but you have flexibility throughout the week. That could be time she could spend with the kids, when they get home from school.

And why doesn't Christine have child care during the day? Robyn is home. She could care for the Christine's younger ones. And it appears Meri is not working either. So when Christine was all negative about how she just couldn't do real estate, it sounded like a cop out to me. Listen lady, if you have no rent money, you have to work at something.

All the poor mouthing they do, yet they are shopping in a speciality shop for more Christmas ornaments. ????Really? Just what you do when you are low on money.

Then I got more annoyed when Meri has to whine, because her daughter has to drive a beige mini van to high school. Lady, some high school students don't have a vehicle. They drive their parent's car or take the bus. How entitled can she possibly get? I give up.

I was quite annoyed watching this week's show with the women attempting to sell their jewelry at a trade show away from home. I've visited their website several times over the past few months and found overpriced, very unattractive jewelry that I can't imagine most women wanting to purchase and wear, or give as a gift. I don't think they ever thought about who is their target market nor about the poor designs of the jewelry. Is it designed for the general public or for fellow sister wives who are few and far between? For one, their prices are way too high. They would have done better manufacturing and selling jewelry in the under $25 range rather than in the hundreds of dollars. Their expo effort was doomed from the start with the cost of renting the booth and travel expenses to this very small community vs. a larger city expo with more attendees. These women do not use good judgment at all. The money they took in is far from profit once the cost of the jewelry manufacturing is taken into account and expo expenses.

As far as the houses, there were several references this week during their show indicating that although they had been preapproved or qualified, the deals were still not signed, sealed or dellivered, leading me to wonder just what type of financing they have for these homes. It sounded like some type of "creative financing" has taken place rather than solid bank loans which will in the future result in a quick loss of these homes when they're unable to pay the mortgages or even interest-only loans for a few years.

I wholeheartedly disagree with Kody that each woman should have had one-quarter of the group's home budget when there is such a disparity between the sizes of the four families. Why a woman with one child (Meri) should have a budget equal to someone with many more children makes no sense to me. Logically the more children, the more space and furnishings are needed.

This entire "family" lives a la-la-land type of existence lead by a man who has four females wrapped around his fingers, unable to function in any normal manner, but yet believing in their way of life. What they see in Kody and their lifestyle is beyond my comprehension.
    elleprn and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    One idea I've read on line (which makes more sense than anything) is that the builder is funding the houses, and they have interest-only loans for at least a couple of years. So the Browns will pay higher-than-market interest to the builder, then they'll default. The builder will get the houses back (with maybe a little appreciated value) and can sell them when the market is improved. No way will they be in these houses more than 10 minutes after the TLC money dries up. They have a history of bankruptcies, and there is info on the web about more current situations which indicate they have no money for what some of us consider basic expenses.
    Thanks for this juicy information, AZ! That explains a lot.

I went to their online store. Oh wow, nothing much there and what is, is ugly. I only watched the first show this season as it conflicts with other stuff I watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I was quite annoyed watching this week's show with the women attempting to sell their jewelry at a trade show away from home. I've visited their website several times over the past few months and found overpriced, very unattractive jewelry that I can't imagine most women wanting to purchase and wear, or give as a gift. I don't think they ever thought about who is their target market nor about the poor designs of the jewelry. Is it designed for the general public or for fellow sister wives who are few and far between? For one, their prices are way too high. They would have done better manufacturing and selling jewelry in the under $25 range rather than in the hundreds of dollars. Their expo effort was doomed from the start with the cost of renting the booth and travel expenses to this very small community vs. a larger city expo with more attendees. These women do not use good judgment at all. The money they took in is far from profit once the cost of the jewelry manufacturing is taken into account and expo expenses.

As far as the houses, there were several references this week during their show indicating that although they had been preapproved or qualified, the deals were still not signed, sealed or dellivered, leading me to wonder just what type of financing they have for these homes. It sounded like some type of "creative financing" has taken place rather than solid bank loans which will in the future result in a quick loss of these homes when they're unable to pay the mortgages or even interest-only loans for a few years.

I wholeheartedly disagree with Kody that each woman should have had one-quarter of the group's home budget when there is such a disparity between the sizes of the four families. Why a woman with one child (Meri) should have a budget equal to someone with many more children makes no sense to me. Logically the more children, the more space and furnishings are needed.

This entire "family" lives a la-la-land type of existence lead by a man who has four females wrapped around his fingers, unable to function in any normal manner, but yet believing in their way of life. What they see in Kody and their lifestyle is beyond my comprehension.
    Given what AZ said above, I cannot see this show surviving much longer. I no longer watch.

I will keep track on this thread because it sure seems their fracturing is not far off.

What I just cannot get is how they qualify for financing when they have no job. I guess they put down TLC reality star as their job. I guess that if they each earn at least $100,000. per year by TLC, they will qualify to buy their house...so what's the hold up? Why are Christine and Janelle ready, but Meri and Robyn are not? Especially, when Meri and Kody are buying jointly, since they are married. It's so confusing.

I also find it very odd that Meri gets up and runs with her daughter every morning at 5:00 a.m., but she complains about her weight. How is that possible?
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What I just cannot get is how they qualify for financing when they have no job. I guess they put down TLC reality star as their job. I guess that if they each earn at least $100,000. per year by TLC, they will qualify to buy their house...so what's the hold up? Why are Christine and Janelle ready, but Meri and Robyn are not? Especially, when Meri and Kody are buying jointly, since they are married. It's so confusing.

I also find it very odd that Meri gets up and runs with her daughter every morning at 5:00 a.m., but she complains about her weight. How is that possible?
    Because Robyn's credit rating was/is in horrible condition. She is taking time to try to clear up some of the problems before her score is recalculated. I have no idea why Meri is having a tough time.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Meri also has a bankruptcy in her past . . . and since she and Kody are both listed on her house, and neither of them seem to have jobs . . . they may be seen as poor credit risks.

Here's what I think would be a fair distribution of the family pie:

Adult share: 50% of total income (divided between the 5 "adults"). This would cover housing expenses.
    Kids share: 50% of total income (divided by the number of children, and each child's share is given to their mother). This would allow more money for food, education expenses, clothes, etc., for the larger families.

It would break up (per "wife") thusly:

Kody: 1/5 of adult share. Period. Technically, he has no mortgage, utility or other payments. This could pay for his car insurance, vacations with wives, sneakers, and hire someone to iron his shirts.
    Meri: 1/5 of adult share, 1/17th of kids share
    Janelle: 1/5 of adult share, 6/17th of kids share
    Christine: 1/5 of adult share, 6/17th of kids share
    Robyn: 1/5 of adult share, 1/17th of kids share for Solomon, an adjusted amount reflecting child support (if she receives it) for children from her first marriage

But, boy oh boy, this would ROYALLY make Meri angry. If things are going to be distributed unfairly, she only wants it to be unfair to everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread