+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree696Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Me too, I have actually both. Sliding doors in my CALI home and French doors in my Boston home. While the French doors are really pretty and I do perfer the LOOK of them, cleaning them is totally different.

With the Sliding doors, so easy, spray and clean away. With French doors, ugh, you have to clean each and every little tiny pane of glass. Ugh. So that is my 2 cents on DOORS. LOL.
    Wait. You mean you're supposed to CLEAN THEM????!!!!????

J/K. Though the panes of glass are a "pain" - no pun intended - in my house, at least, people usually put their hands on the wood part instead of the glass which I don't mind cleaning. When I had sliding glass doors, my kids were forever smudging them with sticky "kid hands" and they seemed impossible to keep clean.

To each their own. As my husband and I say, that's why they make so many flavors of ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG, you are bi-coastal! I'm impressed. How often do you trade places? Sounds fun!
    Oh Debb, never during the winter!!! I cannot handle the snow and the cold back East. But from April to October we go back and forth allot!!!!

And to Nana, LOL! "Flavors of ice cream"! LOL!
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

New episode was on last night. Anyone catch it? It doesn't look like their jewelry line is going to be bringing in the big bucks. I was a little surprised at how much hatred there was from society on their lifestyle. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the location of the trade show and the fact that the people in that area have such strong feelings. I was just surprised at someone actually saying she hated them. Seemed really harsh.

I watched. I am surprised, yet not surprised by the vitriol. Frankly, after reading the book, what, last summer? I am watching with different expectations then I was before. To me, and maybe I am looking for it, I think there are some very defined lines drawn in the sand. While I think the family should be aware of people on the outside who say they hate them, there seems to be a fair bit of animosity between some of the wives. And that is scary. If this household is truly united, it can stand against the people who do not agree or do not understand. But I suspect within this one family, there are still smaller parts of the whole which are not united.

Robyn just doesn't get it. She doesn't understand why her large family can't live on the meager jewelry sales and that when so many viewers dislike you, it's a problem, because they are not likely to buy your expensive jewelry.

Meri didn't seem to be her supporter either. She was the only wife not available to go for the jewelry setup. And why go back to Utah for this sales show. Isn't Vegas a better location? Why drive 3 hours to an area who isn't amused by polygamists? IMO they went there to get negative feedback so they could do their persecution routine.

Here's a recent photo of them with a friend and Kody. Janelle is looking good!

https://twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/...864448/photo/1

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think if you'll listen closely to the woman who said she "hated" . . . she was referring to polygamists in general, and gave as reasons the fact that old men marry young girls, etc. The Browns don't do that. This was more of TLC's creative editing. And the entitled attitude of these folks just makes me shake my head. Just because YOU want $450,000+ brand new houses in a private cul-de-sac, society is not obligated to buy your overpriced, narrow market, ugly jewelry to make YOUR dreams come true. Really . . . what have you done for ME?

Here's something that was purportedly written by the woman who said, "I don't have enough money, I need to go to the ATM." As you will recall, they made some type of snide comment after she left about that being an excuse, and they'd never see her again.

I just was sad to see it... I was in your last clip and was shown as the excited customer who didn't buy anything... truth is I did come back an hour latter after that and did buy the necklace for my best friend for christmas. You all signed a card for me and everything. The experience for me was fun and my made my friend feel special. Unfortunately, last night put a sour twist to the fun of it all. I came to the expo not to shop just look around so I really didn't have any money on me. I know that you can make whatever out of the clips you all take, I knew it when I signed the paper, I just didn't take you all as... well harshly put liars. Wish I bought her something else because now I'm on TV as a liar saying "I'll be back" to save face. Thanks for that.
    I'm sure "the paper" she refers to is the release form for her to be seen on camera. By the time this was edited, they knew she'd been back and spent money at their booth. To have allowed TLC to show her in this light is reprehensible. Companies that treat their customers this way don't get any return business. They finally conned someone into buying their jewelry, and they make her look like a liar on television. Nice, huh?

Not wanting to totally defend the Browns, but I don't think they can shoulder the blame for the editing on the show. What I imagine happened is that the woman chose the jewelry piece - I didn't see anything on there about her being "conned" into buying it - then left to get her money. We don't know how long she was gone. For all we know, she ate lunch during the time she went to get the money and was gone for hours. The producers probably asked Robyn, "Where's your customer? Didn't she buy anything?" Since it had been a while, Robyn assumes she isn't coming back, a common experience in retail, and makes the comment she made. Later the customer shows up - to Robyn's surprise - and they finish the transaction.

We all know enough about reality shows to know that no one on the show controls the edit. For all we know, Robyn said, when the customer came back, "Oh, my goodness! I didn't think you were coming back!" And that never made it on the air. Having been filmed twice myself for reality shows because of my bridal shop, I can tell you that you just sign paperwork and take your chances. (And two hours of filming may result in 15 seconds or less of tv time.)

Also, why would Robyn want to alienate customers by trying to make that woman out to be a liar. It sounds, from the woman's own words that her experience with the Brown women at the show was positive and I'll bet they felt the same way.

I was recently filmed for an episode of "Double Divas" and I'm shaking in my shoes because, even though I tried to accommodate them, I was NOT happy about the experience and them wanting to take over the fashion show I was in charge of. I'm a pretty nice person, but I know I gave them enough material to make me the Wicked Witch of the South, should they choose to go there. It's all in the hands of the editors.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I don't know what happened, but whoever portrayed that customer in a false light should be ashamed. Maybe the Browns will explain what happened.
    momrek06 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Also, why would Robyn want to alienate customers by trying to make that woman out to be a liar. It sounds, from the woman's own words that her experience with the Brown women at the show was positive and I'll bet they felt the same way.

I was recently filmed for an episode of "Double Divas" and I'm shaking in my shoes because, even though I tried to accommodate them, I was NOT happy about the experience and them wanting to take over the fashion show I was in charge of. I'm a pretty nice person, but I know I gave them enough material to make me the Wicked Witch of the South, should they choose to go there. It's all in the hands of the editors.
    IMO - Robyn is so out of touch with reality that to have her on what is called a "reality show" is the epitome of irony. She whines that she's not getting the support she needs to "run a company" that her own baby daddy refers to as a "hobby." Their store is for a very narrow audience (plygs and fans) who have complained since Day One that their stuff is overpriced. They now have cheaper pieces, but they still seem to think that if people don't buy things, it's blatant discrimination. There is no recognition on the Browns' part that most people try to live within a budget, and that purchasing unnecessary jewelry is not high on the list of priorities.

Who else can you think of that has been through four bankruptcies, skips town in the middle of the night, moves to a big city, and builds four huge houses totaling almost $2,000,000 - and is still not paying their bills on a timely basis? People who do things like that wouldn't care about alienating customers if it puts $1 in their own pockets. I know the Browns don't edit the show, but if they had ANY integrity they would not allow other people to be maligned for their own benefit.

I've never watched Double Divas . . . but I do hope you'll let us know when your episode will be aired!!! Maybe they'll do a spin-off show with just you, and you can expand it to include the crazy reality TV discussion board you're part of . . . and we can ALL be famous and buy new huge houses. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know what happened, but whoever portrayed that customer in a false light should be ashamed. Maybe the Browns will explain what happened.
    I agree with you, Debb. Geez.

I have not seen the episode and the repeat does not air until right before the new episode Sunday. I will watch it then.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread