+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree649Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

There is no rule that says you have to be a drinker to have a wet bar. Plenty of people who do lots of entertaining have them for that purpose alone. I don't have issues with her wanting one just that the others budget is less because of it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The reason the viewers were making a big deal out of Meri and her expensive taste in homes, is because it was portrayed that way on the show AND the cost difference would have been much larger if Kody had not insisted that she reign it in. She got very insulted when Kody told her before meeting with the house people that she was over. She refused to accept it. She started crying, ran out, etc. but she did reign it in some. It was Meri who made the wet bar a huge deal. She was obsessed with it.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I think Meri has "issues" because she's the first wife, she's the only wife with 1 child, and she wants her way. If she's paying for it,why not. Meri was also obsessed w/sliding glass doors vs french doors.

everyone sees things differently, I personally would not spend a dime on something that I deem useless in my home such as a wetbar when I don't drink I would rather put the money to other uses that would benefit me more.

bunch of whiny women my goodness I would hate to see when those women get together and they have PMS....I am surprised Kody has survived this long.

As far as Meri having a wet bar, she said that she didn't want it for alchohol, she wanted it because of the counter psace for entertaining. It may not even have the actual sink, just the counter. If you will think back to the past years of the show since they've been in Vegas, most of the events and entertaining has been at her house. She likes to entertain and she also says she likes to keep her house nice. As far as the number of bedrooms are concerned, from what I heard, the layout of the downstairs floorplan that she liked - which she felt would be best to have everyone over for entertaining, had that number of bedrooms upstairs. She even said early on that she didn't need all those bedrooms but was stuck with it so she could get the downstairs plan she wanted.
    Also, I've had sliding glass doors and I've had french doors and I vastly prefer french - nothing against anyone who has sliding glass. A friend of mine told me when we were building our house that if there is something that is really important to you when you're building a house, you need to address it then. It's easier at that point than try to fix it later. And I don't know how many of you are math wizes, but I'd venture to say the extra she spent will only add a tiny amount to her monthly mortgage payment.
    I'm not a huge fan of Meri's, but I had to express my opinion on the "house" stuff.
    Shoepie, justCoz and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    As far as Meri having a wet bar, she said that she didn't want it for alchohol, she wanted it because of the counter psace for entertaining. It may not even have the actual sink, just the counter. If you will think back to the past years of the show since they've been in Vegas, most of the events and entertaining has been at her house. She likes to entertain and she also says she likes to keep her house nice. As far as the number of bedrooms are concerned, from what I heard, the layout of the downstairs floorplan that she liked - which she felt would be best to have everyone over for entertaining, had that number of bedrooms upstairs. She even said early on that she didn't need all those bedrooms but was stuck with it so she could get the downstairs plan she wanted.
    Also, I've had sliding glass doors and I've had french doors and I vastly prefer french - nothing against anyone who has sliding glass. A friend of mine told me when we were building our house that if there is something that is really important to you when you're building a house, you need to address it then. It's easier at that point than try to fix it later. And I don't know how many of you are math wizes, but I'd venture to say the extra she spent will only add a tiny amount to her monthly mortgage payment.
    I'm not a huge fan of Meri's, but I had to express my opinion on the "house" stuff.
    I agree with everything but a wet bar does have water, thus the name.

I am in favor of them all getting the house they want.

Just stop crying poor! You aren't.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Does anyone recall how many bedrooms each house had?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone recall how many bedrooms each house had?
    five

Janelle and Christine have 6 children each.

Robin has 4, 3 from previous marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I've had sliding glass doors and I've had french doors and I vastly prefer french -
    Me too, I have actually both. Sliding doors in my CALI home and French doors in my Boston home. While the French doors are really pretty and I do perfer the LOOK of them, cleaning them is totally different.

With the Sliding doors, so easy, spray and clean away. With French doors, ugh, you have to clean each and every little tiny pane of glass. Ugh. So that is my 2 cents on DOORS. LOL.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Me too, I have actually both. Sliding doors in my CALI home and French doors in my Boston home. While the French doors are really pretty and I do perfer the LOOK of them, cleaning them is totally different.

With the Sliding doors, so easy, spray and clean away. With French doors, ugh, you have to clean each and every little tiny pane of glass. Ugh. So that is my 2 cents on DOORS. LOL.
    OMG, you are bi-coastal! I'm impressed. How often do you trade places? Sounds fun!

+ Reply to Thread