+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Ok I am going wayyyyy out on a limb here but do you think Meri's issues with Janelle from the beginning is because although Meri married Kody first, it was Janelle that got pregnant right away and had Logan before Meri had Mariah.

Also as I was looking on wiki, Christine also became pregnant before Meri and Christine had Aspyn before Meri had Mariah. (I believe it was the same year but Aspyn is older than Mariah).

Just pondering a thought as to why Meri had/has issues with Janelle. Deep rooted jealousy. Hmmm.
    Shoepie likes this.
    KAREN

I got the distinct impression from the book that what happened with Meri and Janelle from the start is that Kody just sucks at negotiating poly relationships. And that really they do this out of obligation more than an interest in polyamory/plural marraige. Meri and Kody were all lovey and happy when the three of them lived together and it seemed Kody was completely oblivious to the fact that he was neglecting Janelle. Like he was happily married with Meri and well here was another another wife he really didn't have interest in. She was your stereotypical "third" in a poly relationship. Then I got the feeling that in order to repair this mess he said "Oh ok I'll get another one and that will fix everything." Like someone trying to fix a pet problem almost. Just keep getting more pets and eventually they'll just fix each other.

My contention based on watching him on the show is that he was never someone who was particularly skilled at working these relationships and his apathy toward Christine and Janelle in the book is overwhelming and at times borders on disdain (with Christine). He was fine being married to Meri and they probably could have lived happily in mongamy because at the time of their marriage they shared the same values of not particularly caring about stability or any of taht stuff. Just kind of pack up, quit the jobs and go sorts of people. The wives they married not so much.

I don't think it's jealousy on Meri's part and I really don't think the kids come into play much if at all. It's just they never worked as a family period and no one really cared about Janelle or Christine and their resentment and hurt probably causes some problems. Christine is obviously higher need for Kody's reassurance and attention than what can realistically work in a poly relationship and more than what he's willing to give. So really this is just not a functional lifestyle for these people but they keep beating the dead horse at least on TV.

I get the feeling when they weren't on TV and honestly living completely different and separate lives they were kind of happier people.

I recall Christine talking about what a great marriage she and Kody had until Robyn came along. It seems odd considering the details that came out last season on the show and the material revealed in their book.

FORT Fogey

I would like to see a season of them doing a version of Biggest Loser. Most of them need to lose weight and the others could get in shape. It could help their dynamics and give us something different to watch other than the constant complaining about money.

this is the most mixed up bunch of people/marriages I have ever seen...I don't think anyone of them are happy...well except for Cody....he gets to go to a different home every night lol I don't think he respects any one of them personally.

I loved how he told Meri that he was gonna have more children...I think he needs to cap it personally and work on the marriage aspect...geez dude. I think he thinks his only job is to make babies and these women are dumb enough to keep letting him.

I just saw that honey boo boo makes 20K per episode so these people must be getting the same amount (per person) I just thought it was interesting.

I cannot believe I get sucked into the show each and every time it comes on....

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would like to see a season of them doing a version of Biggest Loser. Most of them need to lose weight and the others could get in shape. It could help their dynamics and give us something different to watch other than the constant complaining about money.
    I would love to see Janelle and Christine on TBL...TLC should consider offering it bc it could bring another market of viewers back to SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I recall Christine talking about what a great marriage she and Kody had until Robyn came along. It seems odd considering the details that came out last season on the show and the material revealed in their book.
    See that's my problem between the show and the book. There's inconsistent stuff on the show and then certainly between the show and book there are even more inconsistent things. Unless she really in heart believed that Kody ignoring her was a great marriage. I mean to a degree in the book the women talk about the marriage as religious thing being great. But on a personal level not so much (but never come out and say gee this sucks).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I would love to see Janelle and Christine on TBL...TLC should consider offering it bc it could bring another market of viewers back to SW.
    Meri, Mariah and some of the other kids would benefit, as well.

The whole thing is just weird. The more I read the more my intuitions about them make sense. I always felt a disdain from Kody to Christine. He seems totally uninterested in her and Janelle in any romantic or emotional way. He seems irritated by both. He seems to care more about Meri and she seems to me to be working him. Robin is probably learning from Meri. I think he is physically into Robin but not as much as he used to be, maybe. I get the feeling from Kody that if he could, he would just be married to Meri and Robyn and wouldn't even notice or care that the other two were not there.

I can't for the life of me figure out why these people want their families exposed to the world the way they are. No way could anybody buy that these families are happy and loving all the way around. I think mostly about all of those kids, and how it must make them feel, or how it may make them feel when they get older. No amount of money in the world can be worth this kind of exposure.
    AZChristian likes this.

I guess the Browns suffer from the same condition other celebrity fame whores suffer from. They are like those people on Housewives, Jersey Shore, Kardashians, etc. They not only love money, but the attention. Could it be? Do you think that Christine or Jenelle would be doing it if they didn't have to? ????

+ Reply to Thread