+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree686Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

I was curious and went on their website... Did anyone see how much they are charging for some of the jewelry? 200 and 300 dollars... I just don't get it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    FYI - deeds have been recorded for Christine and Janelle for $443,000, and Robyn for $445,000. It'll be interesting to see how much Meri's comes in at. They must be selling a LOT of jewelry and green gunk - as well as collecting a ton of money from TLC - to pay those mortgages.

And Robyn is still listed as Sullivan.
    And just as a point of interest for folks who aren't involved in RE transactions on a regular basis--since they "built" there is a very solid chance they spent SUBSTANTIALLY more--we are just seeing what is reflected on the note that they have 'promised' to re-pay (so what they ultimately borrowed), not any of the other numbers (eg-prepaids, which are common in new construction).

Meri might have been crying but I felt it was sort of a convenience for her to put down Drake. It made me feel so bad for him. I realize people have to make their own choices regarding these matters but I couldn't help being angry at her and Grody. That dog did not seem to be miserable. I know we didn't see and don't know everything, but the feeling I got from those two was not that they were the most loving owners who regard animals as part of the family, like another child. Might sound extreme to some, and that's ok, but this is just my opinion and how we roll in my family, lol.

I lost three older dogs two years ago right around this time of year. My 14 year old male had heart disease which we were attempting to control with the use of a new medication. I don't have money but I found a way. Unfortunately, one of his meds caused so much of a stress on his kidneys that he became really sick and I knew he was suffering. On the night before I took him in for the last time, I slept next to him on a cold hard floor with my hand on his side for comfort. The next night he gave me such a loving, pleading look that I knew his time had come. He was suffering and could no longer eat much. His female housemate of almost 15 years had been behaving as if she were almost guarding him. We took him in that night, and from the moment I bundled him into the blanket I was crying so hard I had a panic attack in the car. I will miss him for the rest of my life. The female died in front of me of some massive event (stroke? heart attack?) less than two weeks later. She was "healthy". The final dog had to be put down about a month after the first one because he quickly became senile and wouldn't respond to anybody or eat. Those dogs were a crew, a family. And that's all I'm saying. We don't know the feelings of animals as well as we would like to, but I'd say they are pretty devoted to the people and other animals they share life with. They deserve every effort we can possibly give them to hold onto the life in them, barring extreme or untreatable pain and suffering. I would have done anything in my power to help them to hold onto life as long as they were not suffering, but clearly two of them were. It broke my heart, that winter.

I don't think Meri or Kody are capable of feeling what some of the rest of us do for animals.
    mindy384, elleprn and sparklete like this.

I think this show is scripted much more than we know. I feel empathy for Christine and Janelle both. I think Robin saw this as a way out of the life of poverty she was caught in. Meri has lost my sympathy too with her whining for the same thing or better. If this was a real family, things would be done for the good of the whole family and not for the individual. This is a man with four women who has polygamy as an excuse for living with them all and siring progeny. I find the whole scenario abhorrent but then it is a TV show! There really is little reality in reality TV. I see great sadness in the lives of most of these wives. Janelle and Christine especially are deeply unhappy and perhaps that same issue is what has caused Meri to seem so selfish. Jealousy is alive and well in Sister Wives.

So what did you all think of the Finale?

Did anyone watch the After Show?

My only beef is with Meri.....her only child grads high school June 2013. They will not be in their houses before Christmas 2012 and Meri WANTS 5 bedrooms? $5,000.00 over budget. Freakin' GRODY asks 'under budget' Christine to give some of her money to Meri......are.you.kidding.me! And then GRODY tries saying he was kidding. NO you were not, Grody! Sheesh!

Logan is such a great young man!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Saw the finale.

So happy Christine stuck to her guns and used all of her allotted amount of $$. She weighed the pros and the cons and either cut or downgraded some of the interior choices in order to have the outer brick that meant a lot to her. Good for her! I could not believe Kody asked her to think about giving her "extra" dollars to Meri.

Meri truly doesn't see the forest for the trees. She's being selfish and utterly ridiculous considering her life circumstances and the blinders are firmly in place! ....and I believe Kody was correct when he said Meri only brought Robyn into the meeting to use as back up.

I love Janelle. She's the only person with a working brain out of all five of them. (I also love her kids....especially Madison and Logan)

As much as Kody bothers me, in general, I felt his frustrations when dealing with all the choices his wives had to make regarding their new homes. My husband would have probably been on the edge just with me. heh heh

Meri thinks that turning on the water works will get her sympathy. And that if she acts confused or insulted, the fact she is over budget will be ignored. What a piece of work. It was about her her and how she wanted her house the way she wanted it. She had no patience for getting upgrades later on. It was just so sad and pathetic. Meri went from being my favorite wife to my least favorite. How the rest tolerate her is beyond me.

Did you catch what Kody said when he was trying to convince Meri he still loved her? He said he would love her until the end of time. Well, they always say their marriage is for all eternity, because they believe they will live as a family in the afterlife forever. Hmmmm......

I too was really annoyed with Meri last night. She ended up almost $5,000 over budget and said she would pay for that out of pocket. Isn't her personal money in essence the whole family money? It doesn't appear that any of them have jobs, so I don't see where Meri is getting $5,000 of personal money to use to pay for her upgrades. The fact that she is insisting on a 5 bedroom house is completly absurd. I'm sure if she really wanted a wet bar, after the house is built she could have a carpenter come in and add one into her kitchen. Or, how about having the kitchen designers put more counter space in. That seems to be all that she is really looking for. Meri needs a 3-bedroom house at the largest. She is so selfish and irrational and becoming very difficult to watch on this show.

Honestly, Janelle, Christine and Robyn would all probably insist on a smaller house if they were the ones in Meri's position. None of them had a problem keeping their houses under budget. This whole family is just crazy. Also, there seems to be more and more talk of Robyn's sister. I never thought much of her, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Kody brought her into the family. It seems that Robyn is the only one willing to have children at this point and Kody seems to think he needs to have a lot more.

In the book from what I recall (which is getting slightly fuzzy now) they do not pool their financial resources. The women all have their personal money which they get from their "jobs" or whatever they do for money (which is still a mystery to me). Then they kind of divide up the bills. Like one does all the phone bills etc. The pooling occurs when one of the wives is having a hard time making ends meet basically. So one can't make a mortgage payment one month Kody would go to another wife who has an abundance or to all the wives who have abundance and ask for money.

Realistically these wives live emotionally and financially separate lives from each other so really if one wanted to leave they would not be that tied into the family and the family wouldn't be that affected at least financially by that choice.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    I too was really annoyed with Meri last night. She ended up almost $5,000 over budget and said she would pay for that out of pocket. Isn't her personal money in essence the whole family money? It doesn't appear that any of them have jobs, so I don't see where Meri is getting $5,000 of personal money to use to pay for her upgrades.
    I think Mary is getting an unfair rap in regard to the size/value of each house. It's not only about who needs more bedrooms. First of all, Mary does have personal money that she can use for her "over budget" portion. In all fairness to her, for all the many years prior to their moving to Las Vegas, Mary worked full time. In fact, Mary and Janelle were the only two wives who had jobs. Christine stayed at home and watched the kids, and I don't think that Robin worked either (not to mention the fact that Robin had a ton of debt). Mary always contributed most of her earnings to the family. Equally important is the fact that because Mary only has one child, her expenses have always been LOWER than the other wives' expenses, BUT in spite of the fact that her expenses were considerably lower than everyone elses, she still always CONTRIBUTED most of her money to the family's shared account. In fact, on several occasions, she and Kody have mentioned that. So in my mind, she has earned the right to have a house that is equal in size to the other wives.

+ Reply to Thread