+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree560Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

ps--much love to your little girl candor! It sounds like she has a great family and is VERY loved so I'm sure she is happy and working through the setbacks with your support!

That was the most horrible thing, to kill that poor sweet dog for no reason whatsoever. I guess doggie accidents on Meri's carpet are grounds for murdering a defenseless animal.

We just lost one of our beloved cats just a few weeks ago . She was 15 years old and had contracted Feline Aids when she was a baby kitty. Thankfully she lead a long, healthy, and happy life with our family. When her disease kicked in, her health deteriorated so quickly. I've never seen anything like this. It was so sad, we miss her terribly .

I don't know all the details about the dog situation Meri's case. But I can empathize with putting an animal down due to incontinence. I did it twice with elderly dogs who had other health issues. And once I didn't do surgery on a cat which would have left him incontinent for the rest of his life and opted to put him to sleep as well. For formerly clean animals it is an absolute miserable existence to live in their own pee smell all over their living space.

People's personal choices with their animals are just that personal. Not everyone views their pets as part of their families and some people view them as just pets or less than that (just barn cats or just working dogs for example). My pets are part of my family but they are pets. I can understand Meri taking a point of view like that.

Also realistically this is a family with financial issues. Surgeries and ongoing treatments such as meds is not a cheap endeavor. And the retort always is if you can't afford a pet don't get one. I can empathize there too. I had a dog on daily, life saving medication for his entire life until the day he died (a stroke left him completely incapacitated and I had to put him to sleep too or watch him die slowly unable to move). It wasn't cheap and I was extremely poor but I gave up stuff like groceries to keep him alive for years because no one wants to adopt a sick dog. The daily costs of a dog aren't that bad. But there are some freak health things that people need to make a choice on as they come. Some people can afford to do anything for their pet. For some people this will bankrupt them. This is choice people also make with their own health care. Some people can and will do anything and for others it will bankrupt them. My cat that I put to sleep, his bill was quickly approaching $1200 for that health issue.

So I guess I have lots of reasons to not like Meri but I can really empathize with this one.
    Hyper, Shoepie, nanarama and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

^^^^ Well said, and I agree.

FORT Fogey

I understand Meri wanting an equal share in the money for her house; I get that now. She is putting in just as much work as everyone else and there is resale value to consider, as well. As for her having a hard time with her extras, just shut up and choose what is most important. Her whining about it is not going to create more money. She has to come in on budget; there is no other option. So, Meri stop talking about it.

I thought it ridiculous of Kody to say, just choose anything; it doesn't matter. Well, it does to her. Some people don't care about the details. From what I see of the interiors of their homes, Meri's is the only one I could live in. I care about the details but have no trouble staying within a budget either.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-19-2012 at 08:38 AM.

When this show began, I adored Meri. Now, not so much. However, I do have to say, I completely disagree with her being lambasted on the dog decision. One camera angle showed the dog trying to get up from a laying position and you could tell it was painful. I dont think they shopped around for a vet to tell them to put him down... I think they drove to Utah because they still consider that to be their home and they wanted him laid to rest there. They live in Vegas, their home is Utah. You cant judge a family's feelings for a 12-15 year old animal in a 20 minute segment on a television show. So the dog was still wagging his tail.... we had a dog hit by a car who still attempted to wag his tail while we rushed it to the vet. Meri is many, many things.... but I doubt animal abuser or insensitive to animals is one of them.

...And yes, Meri was acting as if she were the victim! That spoke volumes.
    As I've mentioned before but feel the need to say again, because it bugs the heck out of me,.... Mary craves attention. She is seriously the most emotionally needy of the bunch and IMO she's getting worse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    When this show began, I adored Meri. Now, not so much. However, I do have to say, I completely disagree with her being lambasted on the dog decision. One camera angle showed the dog trying to get up from a laying position and you could tell it was painful. I dont think they shopped around for a vet to tell them to put him down... I think they drove to Utah because they still consider that to be their home and they wanted him laid to rest there. They live in Vegas, their home is Utah. You cant judge a family's feelings for a 12-15 year old animal in a 20 minute segment on a television show. So the dog was still wagging his tail.... we had a dog hit by a car who still attempted to wag his tail while we rushed it to the vet. Meri is many, many things.... but I doubt animal abuser or insensitive to animals is one of them.
    Dogs wag their tails to communicate strong emotions. Fear, anxiety are among the many reasons.

Why Do Dogs Wag Their Tails? : Dog Guide: Animal Planet.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

given how these shows are done I can't imagine that if the dog had serious health issues they would NOT have mentioned them...also, why didn't they discuss how they had already evaluated medicine or other options--theres a good chance its because THEY DIDNT. And as for the financial side--they are BUILDING FOUR FREAKING BRAND NEW HOUSES and Meri is worried about her french doors...I betcha you can buy a heck of a lot of medicine with the money going into her upgrades.

I stated from the beginning that we don't know the entire story but we can infer a lot from the details...Meri is selfish, we didn't hear about any of the other problems or see anyone actively seeking a solution, the daughter/other owner thought the idea of putting the dog down was ridiculous (and she seems mature enough to at least concede that if he was in a ton of pain then it would be worth considering to HELP him..also, she wants to be a doctor so she must have given some consideration from that angle as well), and they started digging the grave before even finding out what the vet would say (what if he had suggested a course of medication?). Obviously we will never know the whole story but I, like many others, noticed these things and feel like it is absolutely outrageous.

And, no, if you can't afford pets, children, anything then you should be responsible and make sure those that can't defend/take care off themselves are protected...I don't see Meri ever being unselfish enough for this....

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

FYI - deeds have been recorded for Christine and Janelle for $443,000, and Robyn for $445,000. It'll be interesting to see how much Meri's comes in at. They must be selling a LOT of jewelry and green gunk - as well as collecting a ton of money from TLC - to pay those mortgages.

And Robyn is still listed as Sullivan.

+ Reply to Thread