+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Is there something wrong with a sliding glass door or is it just unheard of to have a wet bar and no french doors? That girl has lost it.

Any thinking person with an ounce of common sense would sit down and try to limit costs, WHEN COSTS are an issue! When your family is stretching every dollar as far as possible, you WANT to cut back, not be a diva. You say things like, cut that out, we don't have to have it now. It can be added later, if finances permit. Nice kitchen cabinets are a good investment, but the frills should be cut down, without anyone pointing it out to you. GREEDY sister, IMO.

It seems Meri doesn't understand the concept that everything is not about her. "You can't always get what you want. Sometimes you just get what you need."
    nennie likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I know Grody keeps saying, "Everyone will have the same amount of equity in their homes." But if this is indeed ONE polygamous family, they should all have 1/4 of the total equity of all the homes, regardless of the size of their own abode. (Actually, that math is odd, too. There are FIVE adults. Where's Grody's equity? His name only seems to be on one of the contracts, according to the "approval letter" episode. He probably wants to spend twice as much on unMeri's house so that if they split up, he'll get HIS share of the equity there.)

IMO, rather than each house costing the same amount, they should be looking at the total value of all the houses - allocating larger houses for those with more children. The way they're looking at it is insane, and there's no way unMeri can come out of this looking anything but selfish.

I keep asking myself why I care . . .
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I know Grody keeps saying, "Everyone will have the same amount of equity in their homes." But if this is indeed ONE polygamous family, they should all have 1/4 of the total equity of all the homes, regardless of the size of their own abode. (Actually, that math is odd, too. There are FIVE adults. Where's Grody's equity? His name only seems to be on one of the contracts, according to the "approval letter" episode. He probably wants to spend twice as much on unMeri's house so that if they split up, he'll get HIS share of the equity there.)

IMO, rather than each house costing the same amount, they should be looking at the total value of all the houses - allocating larger houses for those with more children. The way they're looking at it is insane, and there's no way unMeri can come out of this looking anything but selfish.

I keep asking myself why I care . . .
    Hmmm...interesting point. Technically, Grody will only have an ownership interest in Meri's home unless he has someone co-signed for the others (and I doubt his debt to income would be stretchable enough to allow him an interest in all 4...much less if the underwriters accpeted that). So, I wonder if he isn't as harsh with Meri over the spending because if they ever do split up its better to half more than less!

FORT Fogey

Putting their dog down took way too much time. I just don't want to watch that!

Not much more to say because the 2 shows had little content. Just build the houses and let everyone choose their own details with the rule, you cannot go over budget. That is that. No need for discussion. Meri has x amount of money and she has to decide where to spend it. Stop talking about it.

This family is disintegrating before our eyes. Christine is the most unhappy. I understand why she would be. I like her more now that I have because I see her "whining" as expressing her feelings about the basic problems in plural marriage. She is not cut out for this but is really stuck. She has been the one to stay home and tend the children while the others worked. Where would she go, what would she do? I think Janelle could extracate herself very easily, being the primary bread winner and not legally bound to anyone.

I don't like Robin and I cannot put my finger on why. She is sitting in the cat bird seat, to be sure. She has the advantage of being the one who does not rock the boat because the others do it for her and she benefits.
    nennie and lilcountriegal like this.

IMO, Robin is the favorite. She is still attractive and has kept her shape.It seems the others have let themselves go. Maybe if Kody spent real time with them, they would feel better about themselves. None of the other 3 are happy in this "marriage" If they are, they are great actresses.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    IMO, Robin is the favorite. She is still attractive and has kept her shape.It seems the others have let themselves go. Maybe if Kody spent real time with them, they would feel better about themselves. None of the other 3 are happy in this "marriage" If they are, they are great actresses.
    Robin is cherished by Kody for her lack of drama. I think he adores Janelle for her level head and earning capability. Meri has been his rock since day 1 but is irritating him at this point; that will change and change again. Christine is not happy and that does not bode well for getting the attention she craves from Kody.

Robin is the most attractive and no doubt he is more sexually attracted to her and probably Janelle the least, physcially. So I see Robin as being the favorite at this point, too.

I would not say Robin is the favorite. I do think Kody is attracted to her the most.The other ladies seem to not care much about their appearance.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Meri is dead to me...nothing she does will ever redeem her character in my eyes after MURDERING her dog because he was having accidents on the floor. I know we didn't see the entire story but these are the things I did SEE:

-Dog happily waving his tail and responsive.
    -Grody digging the grave BEFORE the vet (that was not the dogs normal doctor in LV) confirmed that he could be having some pain (there is medicine, btw). Glad we don't use this philosophy in human medicine (oh, looks like grandma is in a lot of pain--lets just off her instead of trying anything else!).
    -Meri worried more about what people thought of her and crying that folks would think of her as being mean (when she should have been concerned about the family pet she "loved" so dearly). That just about sums it up right there--she was worried about what people would think OF HER instead of the momentous decision of ending a life, her daughter's feelings, etc...
    -Grody taking the opportunity to discuss everything but the loss of a valued family member and Meri allowing it to happen.

What the hell is wrong with these people?
    xmaskat, Kitari and elleprn like this.

I agree with you, Mindy. I'm all for relieving an animal's suffering, and it's true that we didn't see much of the dog's condition, but it sure didn't look as if he were at death's door. Certainly some pain-relievers and anti-inflammatory medication could have given him some more pain-free, happy days. My dachshund mix has a degenerative spine. She's had major back surgery and recently a ruptured disk. She was treated, and now she's running around and loving life again. It's inevitable that she will eventually become paralyzed. I'm already planning to get her doggie diapers and a cart with wheels. That's what you do when you get a pet -- you take care of them until you have no other choice.

And yes, Meri was acting as if she were the victim! That spoke volumes.
    Kitari likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I agree with you, Mindy. I'm all for relieving an animal's suffering, and it's true that we didn't see much of the dog's condition, but it sure didn't look as if he were at death's door. ....That's what you do when you get a pet -- you take care of them until you have no other choice.

And yes, Meri was acting as if she were the victim! That spoke volumes.
    I was just so angry I was about to knock down a wall or something! Thank goodness I don't live anywhere near LV because I would have shown up at Meri's house and shared that one day she, too, will be old AND I sincerely hope that whomever is taking care of her horrible a*s gives her the same consideration as she extended to that poor animal! What a witch!

But, in all honesty, I'd expect nothing less from this selfish, terrible human so I don't know why I let it bother me so much. Deciding to end the suffering of a loved one is inherently the most unselfish decision one can make and obviously Meri knows nothing about that virtue. The only victim I saw was the poor dog (and his primary owner/caretaker (obviously Moriah who didnt want them to kill the dog and was obviously the only one who cared about DRAKE'S LIFE ENDING)) who had to spend his years here with that despicable woman!

In all honesty I am a bit surprised with TLC and how they portrayed this whole situation. Obviously, if the dog had cancer or something terrible it would have been mentioned so they didn't have that option to make the story more gut-wrenching/understandable but surely someone must have realized how ridiculous it was to show them putting a dog to sleep while the owner babbled on about how she hopes it doesn't make her look bad...who dropped the ball on this one?
    Last edited by mindy384; 12-18-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    elleprn likes this.

+ Reply to Thread