+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

Yes, the Dargers have their issues, but I was impressed that those wives seem to understand that the greater good for the family might require them to give up some things. Like they agree to use one kitchen, since it's best for the whole family and they don't put a priority on decorating tastes, since it's more important to have the whole family under one roof. It appeared to me that the Brown's, may be far too focused on me, me, me and not sacrifice for the good of the family, including Kody.

It seemed to show that the Brown's don't seem to have much spirital or religious connection to their marriages. For all the talk, I don't see much real commitment.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, the Dargers have their issues, but I was impressed that those wives seem to understand that the greater good for the family might require them to give up some things. Like they agree to use one kitchen, since it's best for the whole family and they don't put a priority on decorating tastes, since it's more important to have the whole family under one roof. It appeared to me that the Brown's, may be far too focused on me, me, me and not sacrifice for the good of the family, including Kody.

It seemed to show that the Brown's don't seem to have much spirital or religious connection to their marriages. For all the talk, I don't see much real commitment.
    It is easy to say decor doesn't matter when you really don't care and same goes for cooking. I don't care what plants are in my garden; I have no interest in it.

The Dager family has twins and their cousin for wives. The twins are a built in connection and deeper bond than anyone can have with another. That has its advantages in decision making, I am sure.

Maybe only one of them has the skill and desire to decorate so she takes care of that. The other two just don't care. My guess is that none of them are passionate cooks so they don't mind sharing the kitchen.

It is easy to say they get along in these areas for the sake of the family but I am not buying that, totally.

Meri is obsessive about organization and probably likes the kitchen kept in order thus the conflict. The Darger husband took over that job and I have a hunch no one else wanted it!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

ITA w/you, Debb!

I liked that they all lived in ONE house. They gave up (thoughts of homes with separate kitchens) to get along for the KIDS. They wanted all their kids in ONE home. Decorating…? I loved how that one Darger Mom thought that decorating was the last thing on any of their minds and the KIDS were the most important. I am not saying the Browns don't feel their kids are less important but as you know we are all watching them build their homes and Meri's biggest concern is 5 bedrooms (when her only child is basically headed to college in a year) and wet bars and possibly a tennis court for Mariah.

Why aren't the Browns just building ONE BIG HOUSE on all those lots??? This show is becoming more and more like BIG LOVE.

As far as the one son that mentioned their "PA" being big and bald and intimidating … he has another father. Those boys are from the 3rd wife's previous marriage. So we have no clue if there is some back story with the children from the previous marriage maybe having to deal with their new life and their new father.

BUT then again I thought the women seemed a little ROBOTIC as some one else mentioned here.

I think the SW's were intimidated by the Darger's wives all being in such great shape, hair all very stylish, jewelry on …. Hmm. And Janelle, whoever dyed her hair … horrible.

I wonder what the back story is with Meri (more crying) and Janelle in the kitchen???

Oh and as I mentioned in an earlier post … they were in CARLSBAD and staying in OCEANSIDE. I used to live there and Carlsbad is such a wonderful hidden San Diego gem.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Zoning laws probably prevent building one large house in that gated community. Why not find land where a big house can be built is the question. Penn Jillette's house is huge and he lives there so there are places. It is more expensive to build a house rather than buying one prebuild with plans in place.

I tend to agree with Janelle most of the time. She seems to be the only one with any real sense! IF any of them are going to leave the nest, I believe it will be her.

What's the name of the book all of you are talking about? I may want to read it because I think it will hold the answers to the questions I have about these women and the relationships among them. Also, does anybody have the link to the their ugly jewelry website? Thanks...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The ugly jewelry website is: Welcome to My SisterWife's Closet And I keep wondering how stupid they were to not have EVERYTHING (including the "coming soon" clothing and accessories) available for the biggest shopping season of the year. Although, even with my pretty boring taste in clothes, I have yet to see them wear anything that I couldn't get at the closest Target store.

Here's the link to the book. I admit that I read it, but I got it from the library because I didn't want to waste one penny of my hard-EARNED money on unMeri's wet bar.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The ugly jewelry website is: Welcome to My SisterWife's Closet And I keep wondering how stupid they were to not have EVERYTHING (including the "coming soon" clothing and accessories) available for the biggest shopping season of the year. Although, even with my pretty boring taste in clothes, I have yet to see them wear anything that I couldn't get at the closest Target store.

Here's the link to the book. I admit that I read it, but I got it from the library because I didn't want to waste one penny of my hard-EARNED money on unMeri's wet bar.
    Thanks! I, too, hate to spend $$$ on the book....and won't. heh heh

The reason they're probably not selling ALL of the jewelry during this holiday season is because they.don't.have.the.money. to spend on gearing up their inventory. Hmmm...

Yes, they're so busy SPENDING money (bedrooms, wet bars, vacations) they have to money to INVEST in their future.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    You know, what we REALLY need is for pikachu develop a "SW Pool" for us.

Which wife will announce the next pregnancy?
    Who will be sitting next to Grody on the couch?
    How may seconds will it take for the words "wet bar" to be spoken at the beginning of each episode?
    Who will cry first?
    Who will shoot Grody first?

Any more questions we should include?
    Wet bar - Do they even drink! I think TLC might be testing this new family out for a future show as they all live under one roof there will be more to film rather than the constant couch interviews they have with the Browns. Did anyone notice Christine said they had known them for years and were very good friends and then the wife from the new family said they had briefly met 4 years ago but barely knew them.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    Wet bar - Do they even drink! I think TLC might be testing this new family out for a future show as they all live under one roof there will be more to film rather than the constant couch interviews they have with the Browns. Did anyone notice Christine said they had known them for years and were very good friends and then the wife from the new family said they had briefly met 4 years ago but barely knew them.
    The "reality" of the members of this "reality" family becomes more dubious with each episode.

+ Reply to Thread