+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree688Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Ok, I don't think Robyn's sister is wife #5. We saw her for about 4 seconds & for all we know, she's married already. There must be women Kody can be around & not want to marry.
    According to Facebook, she's single. Just noticed that one of her sisters' last name is Jessop - same as Robyn's used to be.

And a little more vomit just made its way into my mouth.
    Realitychick, Shoepie and elleprn like this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I read this thread because it is interesting to me, but I don't watch the show. Well, the other day, I saw the show and watched for a few minutes. I was shocked! The husband, Kody, was so rude, snide, and ugly! How in the world did this man get one wife, let alone four? I guess it takes the fear of hell to get women desperate enough to put up with a situation like this because this man is certainly not enough for them to put up with so much crap. No charm, no looks, no money, no personality, no intelligence, etc, etc, etc....

The wives are certainly no lookers either, but they can all do better with a man who will treasure them individually. I feel sad that religious fear is making them settle for such a pathetic excuse for a man.

FORT Fogey

Curious time to take a vacation with the expense of renting a beach house given the struggle to afford their new homes.

Also curious that Janelle does not want extra bedrooms though her kids would benefit vs Meri and her wet bar.

The Dargers are an interesting family or should I say dictatorship! One wife referred to the Browns as chaotic bliss. I sensed some envy there.

Janelle remains the sanest of the bunch. Meri was joking about wanting a tennis court but many a truth is said in jest. She has expensive taste, that is for sure. She annoys me; I used to like her much more.

I would love to see a glimpse of them in 20 years. When my husband and I were their age we were investing money for our retirement. They are living hand to mouth and there does not seem to be long term plan. And they think they are going to send all those kids to college?

I'd prefer life with the Darger clan.

When there are 27 people trying to do something (like life) together, SOMEBODY has to be in charge. The hyper-organization can be an idiosyncrasy that has had to develop over the years, just for survival. But the bottom line is, these folks can plan things, do them effectively, enjoy themselves, and not look like a bunch of overweight, weirdly dressed wackos with a surfer-dude leader while they do them. Joe makes Kody look even more ridiculous - relationally and physically.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'd prefer life with the Darger clan.

When there are 27 people trying to do something (like life) together, SOMEBODY has to be in charge. The hyper-organization can be an idiosyncrasy that has had to develop over the years, just for survival. But the bottom line is, these folks can plan things, do them effectively, enjoy themselves, and not look like a bunch of overweight, weirdly dressed wackos with a surfer-dude leader while they do them. Joe makes Kody look even more ridiculous - relationally and physically.
    There is probably a happy medium. One of the Darger's sons made a comment that I cannot quote directly. My Dad is a big, bald _____. He didnt say tyrant but that was implied.

Funny when Meri said, I could be married to that, refering to the organization.

Ok don't really watch this show but I keep up with updates on here.
    Whoever the Darger family is it is not a dictatorship since(not sure how many wives there are) only 1 of them are legally married to (insert husband's name). The others are free to leave as they please & go after him for child support.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    There is probably a happy medium. One of the Darger's sons made a comment that I cannot quote directly. My Dad is a big, bald _____. He didnt say tyrant but that was implied.

Funny when Meri said, I could be married to that, refering to the organization.

and intimidating

Did anyone else notice how Madison's eyes lit up when the cute Darger boy said, "I'm not interested in polygamy for myself"?
    Shoepie likes this.

You know, what we REALLY need is for pikachu develop a "SW Pool" for us.

Which wife will announce the next pregnancy?
    Who will be sitting next to Grody on the couch?
    How may seconds will it take for the words "wet bar" to be spoken at the beginning of each episode?
    Who will cry first?
    Who will shoot Grody first?

Any more questions we should include?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

and intimidating

Did anyone else notice how Madison's eyes lit up when the cute Darger boy said, "I'm not interested in polygamy for myself"?
    Thanks. I missed that! I only watch with half my attention. I love it.

On another board I follow (for those totally obsesses with SW), someone thought he said, "big-balled and intimidating."

Yeah, that too!

+ Reply to Thread