+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Sister Wives

I did notice that when Robyn FINALLY made her grand entrance to the graduation, Meri took Solomon and was interacting beautifully with him. It was striking to me, as we've so rarely seen her smiling or happy about anything lately. But she bounced him up and down, and then when he was facing her, then when he was sitting on her lap facing outwards, she was playing with his feet almost as though she couldn't keep her hands off of him.

It really surprised me, because I'm firmly in the "she doesn't want another baby" camp. She sure does seem to like Solomon though . . . so, yes, WHY does Robyn need a babysitter? Unless they're both "at work" together. Probably sitting around in a restaurant with Grody, dreaming big dreams and planning furniture arrangement in the new houses, and laughing at how gullible Janelle was to share her inheritance with the family.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    There are good points here on both sides about Meri trying to have another baby, but I can't forget the look on Meri's face when Robyn offered to be her surrogate. Meri looked at her like she had opened up a present that was this hideous Christman sweater that she hated, only she didn't want to be rude. It was like she wanted to puke, but didn't want to offend Robyn so she had to pretend to like it. You know?
    Deafening applause from me. Perfect and I agree!! She does not want a baby.

I just can never watch more than brief snippets of this show. I think it is so demeaning to women but I guess it is their choice of lifestyle. I wouldn't share my shoes let alone a man. I can't imagine being anyone's sloppy second let alone the 5th now possibly 6th. That is so weird...sisters sharing a husband. Geeze Louise their kids would be 1/2 siblings as well as 1st cousins.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I just can never watch more than brief snippets of this show. I think it is so demeaning to women but I guess it is their choice of lifestyle. I wouldn't share my shoes let alone a man. I can't imagine being anyone's sloppy second let alone the 5th now possibly 6th. That is so weird...sisters sharing a husband. Geeze Louise their kids would be 1/2 siblings as well as 1st cousins.
    Kody has 4 wives who are not related. They call themselves sister wives; they are not blood relatives.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Kody has 4 wives who are not related. They call themselves sister wives; they are not blood relatives.
    Technically correct, Shoepie, but Kody's father is married to Janelle's mother, so they're actually step-siblings. And Janelle USED to be married to Meri's brother, so they were at one time sisters-in-law. And it looks suspiciously like Kody may be eyeballing Robyn's little sister as a potential #5.

Yuck. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Jeff Probst asked them yesterday how any of them can be HAPPY sharing one man and Christine immediately yelled out "Kody does NOT make me happy" and she repeated it.

She went on to say SHE makes her own happiness and then everything else comes after SHE has made her OWN happiness.

I actually thought that was interesting.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Technically correct, Shoepie, but Kody's father is married to Janelle's mother, so they're actually step-siblings. And Janelle USED to be married to Meri's brother, so they were at one time sisters-in-law. And it looks suspiciously like Kody may be eyeballing Robyn's little sister as a potential #5.

Yuck. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Oh good god.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think PA may be referring to what we saw in the previews with the family where the guy is married to 2 (twin?) sisters and a third woman as well.
    One thing I did note abut this dude's setup is how attractive all 3 of his wives are--WOW! Nothing against the Browns (well, really, the ony one I think is worth a lick is Janelle) but these gals make their group look pretty sad...and I wonder how it makes Kody (who seems to be obsessed with all things 'external') feel...?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I think PA may be referring to what we saw in the previews with the family where the guy is married to 2 (twin?) sisters and a third woman as well.
    One thing I did note abut this dude's setup is how attractive all 3 of his wives are--WOW! Nothing against the Browns (well, really, the ony one I think is worth a lick is Janelle) but these gals make their group look pretty sad...and I wonder how it makes Kody (who seems to be obsessed with all things 'external') feel...?
    I agree that Janelle is the start of the Brown family. Below, link to man who married twins and their cousin.

| The Sun |Features
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-01-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Sister Wives

Ok, I don't think Robyn's sister is wife #5. We saw her for about 4 seconds & for all we know, she's married already. There must be women Kody can be around & not want to marry.
    Imperfect1 and nanarama like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread