+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree648Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

Re: Sister Wives

There are good points here on both sides about Meri trying to have another baby, but I can't forget the look on Meri's face when Robyn offered to be her surrogate. Meri looked at her like she had opened up a present that was this hideous Christman sweater that she hated, only she didn't want to be rude. It was like she wanted to puke, but didn't want to offend Robyn so she had to pretend to like it. You know?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    There are good points here on both sides about Meri trying to have another baby, but I can't forget the look on Meri's face when Robyn offered to be her surrogate. Meri looked at her like she had opened up a present that was this hideous Christman sweater that she hated, only she didn't want to be rude. It was like she wanted to puke, but didn't want to offend Robyn so she had to pretend to like it. You know?
    What a PERFECT description. I thought she was saying to herself, "Oh, great. Now Kody is going to be hounding me to do this, and you'll end up looking like Mother Teresa."
    Debb70 likes this.

Wow! I saw it so differently. I actually watched it at least 5X (like I said up thread, my daughter - actually two of my daughters - have fertility issues so I'm a bit more interested) and what I saw was a woman who was very touched by the offer. I'm in awe myself at Robin's willingness to do it especially added to the fact that she offered mere moments after giving birth.

I see other faults in both Meri and Robin, (and I'm glad I'm not the one being analyzed!) but I honestly believe it was an unselfish offer on Robin's part which was received with humilty on Meri's. Now whether Meri wants to go through with it is another story. Just my $.02!

I wonder why Meri has not addressed Robyn's offer?

OR is it that you think she would like to try herself again at carrying a baby?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Wow! I saw it so differently. I actually watched it at least 5X (like I said up thread, my daughter - actually two of my daughters - have fertility issues so I'm a bit more interested) and what I saw was a woman who was very touched by the offer. I'm in awe myself at Robin's willingness to do it especially added to the fact that she offered mere moments after giving birth.

I see other faults in both Meri and Robin, (and I'm glad I'm not the one being analyzed!) but I honestly believe it was an unselfish offer on Robin's part which was received with humilty on Meri's. Now whether Meri wants to go through with it is another story. Just my $.02!
    Nanarama, I think you bring a unique perspective, and I thoroughly respect where you're coming from. I, too, thought at first that Robyn was sincere, and maybe she was. But there are so many inconsitencies between what some of these folks SAY and what they do. I've become skeptical of pretty much anything that Meri, Robyn or Kody say.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I wonder why Meri has not addressed Robyn's offer?

OR is it that you think she would like to try herself again at carrying a baby?
    IMHO, the last thing Meri wants it another baby. She just doesn't want to admit it - to herself, or to Kody and the rest of the world. She has all that entertaining to do!!!! She has to prove how badly she needs that wet bar!
    Debb70 likes this.

Lurker here,
    really great points, I love reading this thread and board.
    Here is my question. If Meri so badly wants another child, why is Robyn's sister being the nanny while Robyn works? isn't it a sister wife job and couldn't Meri have Solomon as "hers" like Christine claims Janelle's kids? Just wondering why in the sister wife mentality, if all babies belong to the family as a whole, does it matter who the bio mom really is?

I personally think Kody is being really mean pushing the baby issue AND then saying doesn't matter to him he will have more. That had to hurt regardless of the fact I really don't think Meri wants another child. Take that money (if it exists) go take some classes and find a new job. NOTHING wrong with not wanting more children.

On the larger (same size house as everyone else,) sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should. She should go for the smaller house (large house large bills) and let life settle down. Even if she does have another baby, the daughter will be gone anyway still needing only 2 bedrooms. Be the getaway house for kids to come and visit, and a quiet spot for that huge family. You don't need 5 bedrooms so you can have a wet bar and a pantry. It feels so greedy to me.

After reading the book, I think Meri is a huge source of the dis harmony in the family. She wants equal. Someone posted above, fair and equal are 2 different things, it would be nice if somehow these ladies (meri) could come to be a grown up and know that if she cold accept her changing life she and Kody can move into a completely different phase of their marriage.

Just my 2 cents.
    Kanga and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by L144S View Post
    Lurker here,
    really great points, I love reading this thread and board.
    Here is my question. If Meri so badly wants another child, why is Robyn's sister being the nanny while Robyn works? isn't it a sister wife job and couldn't Meri have Solomon as "hers" like Christine claims Janelle's kids? Just wondering why in the sister wife mentality, if all babies belong to the family as a whole, does it matter who the bio mom really is?

I personally think Kody is being really mean pushing the baby issue AND then saying doesn't matter to him he will have more. That had to hurt regardless of the fact I really don't think Meri wants another child. Take that money (if it exists) go take some classes and find a new job. NOTHING wrong with not wanting more children.

On the larger (same size house as everyone else,) sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should. She should go for the smaller house (large house large bills) and let life settle down. Even if she does have another baby, the daughter will be gone anyway still needing only 2 bedrooms. Be the getaway house for kids to come and visit, and a quiet spot for that huge family. You don't need 5 bedrooms so you can have a wet bar and a pantry. It feels so greedy to me.

After reading the book, I think Meri is a huge source of the dis harmony in the family. She wants equal. Someone posted above, fair and equal are 2 different things, it would be nice if somehow these ladies (meri) could come to be a grown up and know that if she cold accept her changing life she and Kody can move into a completely different phase of their marriage.

Just my 2 cents.
    You're so logical in your thought processes . . . you'd never make it as part of the Brown family. LOL.

Watching Grody and all the SW on The Jeff Probst Show. It's very interesting. Did anyone else watch it?

OK so I lived in CARLSBAD, CA 2010-2012 while my husband's company wanted him in San Diego! I think that from the previews for this coming Sunday's show, the families travel to Carlsbad for vacation! Anxious to see if I am right!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by L144S View Post
    OH WOW--INCREDIBLE POINT. I hadn't even thought of this but why aren't the other moms taking care of Solomon...especially Meri? Hmmm....

Because Robyn's sister is being groomed to be the next wife.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread