+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Sister Wives

FORT Fogey

Re: Sister Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess we may never know where their financing is coming from, but I don't think TLC would buy houses for all four wives or even one wife. We now know they didn't pay for the Gosselin home. And even if they did get the houses free, they still have to claim the value as income and pay taxes on it. That would be very difficult to do if you don't have any money.
    Yes, this makes sense. Something happened. The only way I see this show surviving much longer is if one of the women leave or a major upheaval happens. And I am all for that!

Did any of you see Brokeback Mountain? In this one scene, husband and wife are in bed and wife insists on husband using protection. Husband says, "Don't you want to have my baby?" (they have one already) and wife says, "I'll have them if you support them." OUCH. Marriage was over after that. lol

After watching the latest episode, I've decided that Meri is all about drawing attention to herself and I don't like her as much as I once did.

She's had YEARS to consider and accept the fact that she can no longer carry a baby. I can only imagine how sad and difficult that must be for any woman! However, due to modern medicine, she's clearly being given another chance and she still needs time to think about it??? Huh? A decision, either way, is all Kody is looking for.

I think she's realized that once she makes the decision the focus will be off of her years long longing for another child....and the attention she receives from it from everybody....mostly her husband.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-27-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post

She's had YEARS to consider.
    That is what I have thought all along. YEARS!!!!!!

Why is it now that the Browns are doing the show that she has this ENORMOUS DESIRE to have a baby????

GET A JOB, Meri and then you won't be sitting around in a house with 5 bedrooms worrying about whether or not to have a baby OR did TLC ask you to go with THAT story line???
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I have not watched this show much. I have kept track from interviews and the media and dropped in on a few episodes while channel surfing. And I am sick of all of this!
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

After watching the latest episode, I've decided that Meri is all about drawing attention to herself and I don't like her as much as I once did.

She's had YEARS to consider and accept the fact that she can no longer carry a baby. I can only imagine how sad and difficult that must be for any woman! However, due to modern medicine, she's clearly being given another chance and she still needs time to think about it??? Huh? A decision, either way, is all Kody is looking for.

I think she's realized that once she makes the decision the focus will be off of her years long longing for another child....and the attention she receives from it from everybody....mostly her husband.
    I think there's a lot going on with Meri - all the things you mentioned, plus I do think there are faith-based considerations for her. My understanding is that their religion believes in having lots of kids, but she's in a lousy position - infertile for years, now in middle-age, and being pressured to take this new opportunity. She doesn't exactly come off as a Michelle Duggar wanna-be. Personally, I think it's crazy to start all over again (and her daughter needs to mind her business - her mother's reproductive choice is not her concern and I'd be putting her in her place...they tell the kids how to dress but not how to respect their parents' personal decisions?!?). But their religion is their whole life, and that kind of lifestyle is beyond my understanding. So I can see how she'd be struggling, for a variety of reasons.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's so obvious that either this is the scenario or Meri really doesn't want another child and is afraid to finally admit it. Just think, with people outside of the family we have seen her verbalize and acknowledge that her position has changed from the "I want another baby" stance and she has admitted in individual interviews that it would be hard for her--all of these things point to the fact that she is no longer in the life stage where she feels like she wants/needs another child. Heck, you can even see it in her face that she doesn't want another baby when they are talking about it but you also see fear...whether it is fear of losing attention or fear or "letting down" Kody/Moriah/extended family/her religion/etc.. or a combination of both I don't know but the emotion is certainly obvious.

If she even remotely wanted another child then we would know about it...everything would be much easier if she would just give in and have another kid: Kody and her daughter would be thrilled, TLC would get another storyline, and all the pressure and stress from the decision making would be gone...not to mention that she's in an environment that supports a lot of kids and a religion that sort of mandates it; the fact that she is still resisting pretty much spells out that deep down she does NOT want another baby.

Sidenote--I know it has been difficult for Meri to get pregnant but if she wanted another child she would try...and she also has a readybake oven standing by that has publically agreed to carry/grow her egg and kody's sperm so she has that option as well.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

Just to shed a little opposing opinion, I can kind of get where Meri is coming from on the pregnancy issue. Even though Robin agreed to be her surrogate, that still doesn't guarantee success - just ask Jenn Klein of the Little Couple. My daughter has dealt for many years with the inability to carry a baby. After the pain of 10 miscarriages, she refuses to put herself through the emotional pain again. At this point, Meri must be conflicted: yes, she's getting older but here is her last chance to have another child - yet, there's not a 100% promise of success and does she want to put herself through the possible pain? Knowing how hard it's been for my daughter, I'm cutting her some slack in this instance.

I have a different thought on Meri.

When we met the Browns in Utah, Meri was gainfully employed with a company that she absolutely loved. Meri stated in many interviews how much she loved her job. I cannot tell you how long she had been with that company but I do remember it was a number of years. After SW started, Meri's company called her in and said while they love her and everything she has done while at the company, they just did not want any publicity as a result of her now being on SW. Meri was devastated. When speaking about it on OPRAH a few years ago ... Meri was in tears as she retold to Oprah that doing SW cost her her job.

Meri stated that she was going to look for a new job BUT then they all decide to FLEE to Vegas from Utah.

So here they all are now attempting to get settled in Vegas and Meri has been out of work and around all the SW's and I am guessing that because she is not running off to a job that she loves and is spending tons of more time with all the kiddos and Robyn's new baby .... it was making Meri have thoughts about trying to have a baby.

nana, I am sorry to hear of your DD's struggle with having a baby. I love Jenn Arnold and have watched all their seasons! Those tests she went through in an attempt to have a baby......God bless her and your DD.
    Shoepie likes this.
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

What a nightmare this could be -

- unMeri agrees to go with the in vitro

- Multiple fertilized eggs from unMeri and Grody are implanted into SobynRobyn

- All of the eggs implant, some divide

- SobynRobyn gives birth to sextupligs!!!!

The difference is, we ALREADY are fed up with this family . . . not like Khate, whom we grew to dislike over the course of her 15 minutes of fame.

(I've got to get a real life.)
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread